French Car Show

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

bikeboyz
My Cars:

French Car Show

Post by bikeboyz »

Is anybody planning to attend The French Car Show in May?
http://www.frenchcarshow.co.uk/
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

No, sorry. I'll be in France.
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

BX16v group are going (as with every year), i'll let you all know what our plans are once i get on top of it next week. Have a few exams first though. I think there's about 15 of us going, and its a good day out!
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

I might make it, put it in the diary anyway.
Stewart
bernie
My Cars:

Post by bernie »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bikeboyz</i>

Is anybody planning to attend The French Car Show in May?
http://www.frenchcarshow.co.uk/
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
So where is it France or May[:D]
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Went last year with the wife's Reno Megane Convertible / Coupe club. Had a good day out. Some seriously modded stuff, gull wing doors seemed to be all the rage. Hot dogs 'n' ham burgers all day. Great! may be going again with the wifes club. If so is there going to be a GSF stand? I'll keep a look out.
bikeboyz
My Cars:

Post by bikeboyz »

Club Peugeot UK have it on their agenda too, hence my question, so maybe we should all meet in a beer tent away from the Chavs, and have a GSF meet!
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

Strangely enough for a one car Car/driving based event there isnt a beer tent!
Didnt realise Club Peugeot UK, as its not on there website, though it's not the sort of group i'd expect. Last year there where loads of 'associated' clubs there, but mostly small little 'street racing' and 'cruizin' groups trying to show who had the biggest sub woofer, which at the end of a rather long day wasn't very impressive!
If Club GSF do want to go i'd speak to the PGAC boss man Mark and see what he says (which is guaranteed to be a big hell yes!), contact him throught he PGAC website. The thing to remember is that the groups who go and the traders who trade are predominantly sports/mods based, which im sure isn't every ones cup of tea in here. But it's pretty fun, theres some colourfull cars and you always have safety in numbers. I guess if you went under the GSF flag then it might be best to run by Jon, maybe GSF will get on board and have an official stand. Could be a huge way to increase there profile if there seen at events where there customers are!
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Now that looks like a good day out ! [:D]
So I will certainly see if it's possible to attend.
I agree with vanny that it would also be a good thing if G.S & F could attend, as it would raise their profile amongst existing customers, and might well gain a bigger customer base through the publicity, and trade from the show.
bikeboyz
My Cars:

Post by bikeboyz »

The event came to my attention from the last Club Peugeot UK magazine, and it would seem they attended last year. Maybe we should make this the offical GSF Forum meeting?
Unimog

Post by Unimog »

What no beer tent! [:(]
Roll on summer!
Looks like it's well worth attending!
GSF take note & please attend! [8D]
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

<font face="Arial"><font size="3">Okay, so who would like to go to the FCS'05 as part of a GSF group?
Im not sure of the logistics, but if there is plenty of interest then im happy to start the ball rolling!
If your interested, let me know here!</font id="size3"></font id="Arial">
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Will go as part of a group, how will we spot each other amongst hordes of modified saxos/306s? flag? beards?
Stewart
bikeboyz
My Cars:

Post by bikeboyz »

Will end up there as Club Pug UK but happy to switch groups during the day. Perhaps we should register as a club?
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

I've spoken to Mark Dow about this, just waiting for him to get back to me.
Need to speak to Jon but emails to webmaster@andyspares.com seem to bounce so will dig out his home email addie and get in touch!
I'd hope if we go as GSF then getting Ensignia from the company shouldn't be a problem! I'll be there on the day directing peeps in/out of parking bays so you just have to spot me! Maybe a 'VW' chain should give it away :D