Diesel Prices

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

bikeboyz
My Cars:

Post by bikeboyz »

Just bought a can of Derv to go in the 504 ready for MOT tomorrow (fingers crossed), 87.9p in Devizes.
alexp-j
My Cars:

Post by alexp-j »

80.9p A45 Shell Wootton Northampton
Wookey
(Donor 2019)
My Cars: Peugeot Expert 1.9D (Camper conversion) (2003-now)

Post by Wookey »

I haven't got prices to hand, but Cambridge is notoriously expensive for Fuel. It is always cheaper to buy your fuel somewhere else. I have no idea why. Truro is sometimes cheaper than Cambridge.
Robin
My Cars:

Post by Robin »

Cambridge is expensive but the Trumpington/Shelford Road Shell and Esso are competing at 83.5 and 83.9.
Frequently find fuel cheaper out of town. Waitrose have a scheme with Q8 which gives you 2p/litre off for a £20 spend or 3p/litre off with a £50 spend at Waitrose.
Found somewhere near Ashvale (Sussex?) last week at 80.9, another Shell station.
I want to know what would happen if you purchased one litre exactly?
If they price by the litre surely you should be able to buy by the litre, exactly! R
beezer

Post by beezer »

An interesting point Robin. I seem to recall in the days of gallons that there was a minimum purchase amount but I just can not remember what it was!
bernie
My Cars:

Post by bernie »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by beezer</i>

An interesting point Robin. I seem to recall in the days of gallons that there was a minimum purchase amount but I just can not remember what it was!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Half gallon[:)]
Now 80.9
AWG
My Cars:

Post by AWG »

Yes, bought a half a number of times - beer no.
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

I am sure the minimum delivery is now 4 liters ( about a gallon)
So not only does it cost more, you have to buy more.
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Many years ago Kid brother had a Honda moped (pc50 I think) which didnt hold half a gallon, sometimes he had to pay for a half gallon and leave ome in the pump! thing did about 200 to the gallon though, which may have numbed the pain a bit.
Stewart
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Ahhh, mopeds.
my trusty Tomos Disco used to do something silly like that, though as the speedo never worked i want really sure how much it was doing to the galleon, though at a rough guestimate 120 - 140 would be about right. Used to do 14 miles a day and only fill it up with a gallon of petrol every 2 weeks. My Honda C90 used to do about a 100MPG too. Then I moved onto bigger (faster) bikes and got a shock!
alexp-j
My Cars:

Post by alexp-j »

How can you describe any UK fuel prices as <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">That is amazingly cheap Marty!<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">[?]
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

Tomos A50 (nearly same as the disco) 123 to the gallon running very very rich and oily.........Ahhhh those were the days.
http://www.tomos-usa.com/models/archive.php
Did a 60 mile journey once at 28 mph and I actually fell asleep [:D][:D]
Robin
My Cars:

Post by Robin »

Who remembers the Raleigh Wisp?
Spit in the tank, a fa*t in the tyres and on your way to most stimulating vibratory ride ever[:D] Heaven knows what it did to the gallon. It went stale first!
Used one for a whole year at uni until it got nicked.
R
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by alexp-j</i>

How can you describe any UK fuel prices as <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">That is amazingly cheap Marty!<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">[?]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
When you get such variance as 79.9p to 90.9p / L then 79.9 <b>IS</b> cheap.
However this being the UK, its very very expensive to fuel a car here due to successive governments taxing "easy targets" to blazes, such as petrol, road fund duty, booze, clothes, insurance, domestic fuel, in fact I am just waiting for them to tax air!
turbolag

Post by turbolag »

Nettos Vegetable oil - 45p/litre.