Boxing day madness

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

beezer

Post by beezer »

"Went up Beacon Fell with sledge and Xantia - behaved itself perfectly.
Snow disappointing though. Not like I remember as a child"
Are you sure it wasn't starling s**t you remember as a child? There used to be three million of the bu**ers up there. The sky would blacken in the evening.
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

how very strange. got up yesterday and liverpool is frozen, looked like someone had played ten pin bowling on the motorway, crashed and abandoned cars all over the show evan an ambulance on the wrong side from a crash. didnt have too many problems but m'way was very icy. Down the M62, get to the pennines and it becomes clear. Other side of the pennines and it was actually sunny, really really sunny. Very strange! But i survived there and back, even managed the river without too much problem, and not one problem with the car (except running out of washer fluid twice with the roads being so dirty!)
Did have some fun in deserted carparks on christmas day though :D
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by beezer</i>
[brAre you sure it wasn't starling s**t you remember as a child? There used to be three million of the bu**ers up there. The sky would blacken in the evening.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
LOL[:D]
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Well the 32" flat screen came home. The box was soooo big it wouldn't go in the Xsara, had at least half hanging out the back with a couple of bungee cords. The stand weighed aload as well. Funny the wife only carried the DVD recorder to the car. Any how only had to drive 1.5 miles to home and now the 28'(formerly 28") living room is swamped by this thing, oh well.
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

WOOOOO!
May be embarking on a self build next year (fingers crossed). Thank god - Spent a big chunk of last night in the loft searching for water leaks from the roof (totally sh1*e 25 degree rake and 30mm overlap of tiles means any wind and it rains in through the 30 year old felt) Already replaced some felt but looks like the whole roof needs doing now.... Best to sell in the summer then!
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Been in the atic only yesterday as putting away some stuff. The wife came up the ladder and said "hmmm if you get your act together we could have another room up here!,". Looks like project "games room" is up for next year. My thoughts are out to you martyhopkirk with your self build.
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Built an extension 4 years ago (wherupon I learned I could do most things except plaster). Its quite easy if you follow building regs (well at least till the inspector has gone! - If he knew where the drain pipe really went I would have a lot of floor to dig up!) - Loft conversions can be simple and fun (and fairly cheap).
But if its anything like my loft where <i>will</i> you put the spare doors for the Citroen (and in my case, mini bonnet and boot lids too)
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

i have my doors neatly stacked up on top of each other under one eave, piece of thick carpet between each one, and its up against a support perlin so things wont just fall on top! Managed to get all four doors and a couple of wings under one section!
Maybe we need a 'where do you stick your spares' thread!