happy xmas

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

beezer

Post by beezer »

We have plenty here. Do you want some?
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Apprentice snow. LOL. Seen harsher frosts when I was a young boy. Happy new year is next.Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Then work Bhaaaaaaaa.
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

A light dusting at 10.50 this morning.
beezer

Post by beezer »

I don't think you will have seen harsher British frosts than up in this county Stewart. We hold the UK record!
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Anders, Stop laughing. I know that there's more frost round a bottle of snaps but just let them get on with it!
beezer

Post by beezer »

Ha! Our average temperatures are on a par with Denmark (slightly lower in fact- than Sjælland anyway)!
http://www.worldclimate.com/cgi-bin/dat ... +0003788G2
http://www.worldclimate.com/cgi-bin/dat ... 102+06180W
Wouldn't say nej tak to a dram though!
Now if you were to ask NiSk.....
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

AX needed battery transplant this morning!
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Come on beezer you must remember proper snow? I remember back in the early 70's snow still drifted, and having to push you dads mates mini van or moggy out of the snow. Net curtains stuck to the inside of windows, lighting the fire, no central heating blah, blah, blah (I'm 85 you know young man) [:D]. Nowadays if there's half a mm on the roads in London the country grindes to a halt.When I was a boy..............[:D]
Nearly forgot, diesel that frooze in the tank and having to warm it with a burning rag or wood.
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Stuart...
I remember snow which came over the top of me welly boots and froze me legs when going to school in short trousers...... And thick ice on the inside of my bedroom window - no double glazing back then.
We just dont get propper snow these days! Its all this new fangled stuff that isnt crisp and even.
beezer

Post by beezer »

I don't need to remember it Stuart. It is here. Snow drifts every year. White Christmases are not unusual. I spent some winter time in Kentucky and THAT was cold but by British standards Strathdee and Strathdon are as you describe. Deep and crisp and even. Thing is, most of you will remember more sunshine in summer too. I do but were they really sunnier?
The snow is glistening tonight. It is reckoned to disappear over the next couple of days but returning soon after. I have snow chains in my van. Most people here use winter tyres or studded ones. This ain't the same as dahn sahf mate.
beezer

Post by beezer »

Here it comes again....One minute it was clear skies and hard frost next time I look out...White stuff. This is three falls of snow in a week.
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Nope - just gale force winds and missing fence panels here.
Up in loft again emptying buckets last night - looks like a re roof using that new plasticised breathable membrane is in order come the nicer weather....