TOP GEAR PRESENTER

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

When is Top Gear recorded?
The reason why I am asking the question is because, as I have in another post mentioned that I attended the M.P.H. show at Earls Court. Jeremy Clarkson, Tiff Needell and Richard Hammond were all in attendance. It was a great show, fun, exciting etc. [:D]
They started the show on Thursday 18th November 2004, and it ran to Sunday 21st November 2004. Every day they had three seperate performances in the arena, which was the central area downstairs, with lots of space, and cars being introduced by the presenters, where they entered, and performed amazing driving stunts.
So when I attended on the 20th they had obviously performed several times. I watched the show at midday, the first that day, but it was apparent that Jeremy's voice was suffering from all the performances before, and sounded croaky, and strained. Note that Thursday 18th was actually the celebrity gala night, I take it he was busy meeting all his mates, and did a lot of talking, as he does!
Top Gear was transmitted that week on the 21st November, and Jeremy was on the programme as usual. His voice also now seemed OK.
Please remember that the M.P.H. show was still running, and he was with little (Dick) Richard,[:D] and Tiff at Earls Court.
So, hence my question when is the programme filmed?
I was under the impression that a lot of filming was done up to the last minute, and that the transmission was live, or if it's recorded then it would be done very close to the transmission date!
Have any of you attended the show, or can you shed some light on how current, and up to date it actually is? [:D]
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bxbodger</i>

Wheelerdealers, My favourite one was the Suzuki Jeep, and if you have never seen it watch H&L channel for the reruns........you will die laughing!!!!!<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Wasnt that the one where they wound up scrapping it cos it wouldnt pass an MOT in a month of Sundays?
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

That was it, bought for £250 off ebay-they resprayed it,fitted new axles, big wheels, replacement engine, roll cage, and so full of rot at the back that it failed the MOT,was beyond any cost-effectiveness, and was sold off for less than they paid for the axles!
They also did a VW into a buggy, and ended up having to buy a new floorpan as the old one was so rotten, and the final result which they sold had a different reg to what they started with.........
There was also an MGB which was a heap of rubbish and was sold with chromed sill plates, which wer'nt mentioned in the restoration, and they never did explain quite what a worn gear linkage had to do with the smoke pouring from the 205 GTI they did..........
I can't wait for them to try a BX- they would no doubt end up with the worst set of leaky rusty pipes in existence, and lose loads of money on it!!!
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Looks like they didn't have much work on at Ringway! [:D]
Or they all took their lunch when the Renault F1 arrived at the Top Gear track, in Guildford.
If you look closely when the cars race around the track, it's clear that Ringway seem to have a depot/yard next to the Top Gear track.
As the cars race around on their laps, there is usaully a large trailer parked recently so as the camera can't miss it as they race around.
So obviously somebody at Ringway has organised the parking to get free advertising on national T.V. [:)]
On the day when the Renault F1 car was there and being filmed, there were a lot of staff in high visibility jackets looking over their fence. [:D]
allmond
My Cars:

Post by allmond »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ACTIVE8</i>

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Wednesdays!!
Jamie
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

That MGB on wheeler dealers was just a pile of c** p. A rubber bumper model made to look like a MK 1 chrome bumper model. It had the Morris Marina interior as well. That poor lad didn't have a clue what he was buying, was worth not much more the £1800. I've had a couple of MGB's, Midgets and a Roadster so I think I know what I'm on about. That Mike brewer once said "never touch anything with chrome arch or sill covers,". Hello that MGB had them fitted for the same reason he said never touch a car with them.
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

Mike Brewer is also presenting DIY housebuilding race show as well, complete with donkey jacket and yellow hardhat, no Ed China though- expect some collapsed buildings soon...........
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

Top Gear may be near the end of its current run, Wheelerdealers has ended, but YES!!!! ITS BACK!!!!!!- a new series of Pimp my Ride!!!!!
Spin-drier and 42" plasma TV in your VW van anyone? fireplace and video jukebox in your Chevvy Blazer? Thats what they have done this week..........
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by ACTIVE8
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wednesdays!!
Jamie <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Have you been to see it ?
How do you know it's Wednesday ?
I would have guessed Wednesday, but do you have any proof ?
turbolag

Post by turbolag »

The late rubber bumper MGBs were the best handling (the early ones having increased ride height to meed US safety regs, but Leyland sorted the spring rates and the last were easily the nicest). Yes, it had the yukky early '80s seat covers but in case you missed part 2, Eddie boy stuck some repro black ones on so no problems there. Of course, they aren't the most valuable but any plonker that pays more than a couple of grand for any MGB is a care in the community candidate. It's not like they've got any rarity value, especially with all the Heritage shell models about. The eejuts just think 'Old = Expensive', like the saddo asking 10k for a Rover P6 worth nearer 4 on Fleabay recently.
allmond
My Cars:

Post by allmond »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ACTIVE8</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> quote:
Originally posted by ACTIVE8
Wednesdays!!
Jamie <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Have you been to see it ?
How do you know it's Wednesday ?
I would have guessed Wednesday, but do you have any proof ?
Partly I know because a mate of mine went. Also it's on this website: http://209.61.226.18/Site/ which is where you get the tickets. Click on the Latest Show Schedule link and then scroll down to Top Gear.
Here's a thought - we could all try and get tickets on a certain date and swamp them with Citroens!!
Jamie
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Here's a thought - we could all try and get tickets on a certain date and swamp them with Citroens!!
Now that does seem like a 'Wizard Wheeze'[:D]
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Show Title: TOP GEAR - BBC2
Show Date: TO BE CONFIRMED
Show Location: DUNSFOLD PARK (AERODROME), GODALMING, SURREY GU8 4BS
PLEASE NOTE WE RECORD THE SHOW ON WEDNESDAYS BETWEEN 2.30PM - 7PM.
Get registered and get yours names down for some tickets!
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Tonight 2nd January 2005 is the last in the present series of Top Gear. [:(]
The programme returns again during the Spring season.
Yes, it would be an excellent day out, a great chance for people to meet up, and an opportunity to promote the benefits, and reasons why we prefer Citroens. [:D]
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">and reasons why we prefer Citroens<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
And be slaughtered by Clarkson!!!
He seems to dislike most of my favourite cars- the Allegro came 2nd in his list of worst cars ever- maybe he doesn't like a car with a good ride, hydragas being up there with hydropneumatic for comfort.
Maybe someone could park over his GT40 in a heavy old CX on high and then set the height controller to low.............. [;)]