M.P.H.

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

ACTIVE8
My Cars:

M.P.H.

Post by ACTIVE8 »

I went to Earls Court recently to attend the M.P.H. show.
Great show, had the opportunity to try out many cars without a salesman breathing down my neck!
All the affordable cars there, and the lovely exotic cars that most of us can't afford!
Aston Martin, Bentley, Ferrari, Porsche, they were all there. We had a lovely day out.
Jeremy Clarkson, Tiff Needell etc presented the show in the main arena, with cars being driven hard, and fast in the arena indoors!
While in the show, I had to ask directions to the correct part of the grandstand they had built on two levels.
The gentleman that turned around was very helpful, but I suddenly thought I know you!
He has changed his appearance with a very different haircut, but I still thought it had to be him. If any of you have watched Salvage Squad on Channel 4 then you have (on the first and second series when Lee Hurst was presenting) seen Axel, it was a pleasure to meet him, and an unexpected surprise![:D][:D]
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

Top surprise,hes a good bloke.
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

He was on the 2nd series with suggs as well,with Jerry & CLAIRE(my type of WOMAN!).For the 3rd series it was only Claire on her own,which was a bit disapointing.Bring him(Axel) & Jerry back 4 the next series,with Claire i say!
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

I thought Lee was hairless on the TV? But that Claire I know what you mean? smelling of old oil and up for a strip down..... of an engine I mean.
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

To clarify,[;)] and clear up the confusion, Lee Hurst was the presenter![:)]
Axel, Claire and Jerry were the people who worked on the projects.
Axel is not hairless, has dark skin, and can't be confused with Lee Hurst who I've also met at his comedy club,[:D][:D] which I would recommend.
So what happened to Jerry?
Axel has been seen once on another programme, as a mentor for somebody who needed some help. Other than the M.P.H. show he has not been seen much, has he gone back to being a firefighter?
Lee is busy at his comedy club, and visiting other clubs.
Have we seen the last of Salvage Squad, or will it return as it's an interesting programme, but who will be on it next time, as the people infront of the camera keep changing. As long as Claire is still on it then it will still be good.[:D] As she knows her stuff and keeps the viewer interested.[8D]
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Also managed to get the chance to look around, and explore details etc on the new 2004 Ford Mustang.
Lovely car with design details like the original.[8D][:D]
If you remember the car that Steve McQueen drove in Bullit, it shows modern design details on a classic car.NICE[8D][8D]
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Did any of you make it to M.P.H. @ Earl's Court, or am I the only one who went,[:(] and is anybody based in London? I ask this because, previous posts seem to indicate Manchester and Southampton are the main meeting areas!
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by np</i>

He was on the 2nd series with suggs as well,with Jerry & Claire(my type of women!).
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I thought it was only Claire out of these three that was a woman!
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
Claire on her own,which was a bit disapointing. Bring him & Jerry back <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
[?] So Claire is really a bloke? [?] Really Neil, your powers of observation are remarkable! [}:)]
Quite an interesting series, though. Apart from the weird choice of Suggs (what a strange nickname for someone called McPherson - any clues anyone?) who obviously (a) knew nothing about the subject and (b) was averse to getting his hands dirty.
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Bugger![:I][:I][:I]
Tidy`d up now[:I][:o)][}:)][:D]
David W
My Cars:

Post by David W »

Popular legend has it that as a teenager "Suggs" was looking for a nickname to be cool and took a pin to pages of a jazz music book. He ended up with Suggs after a jazz flute player Pete Suggs.
Of course that could all be complete rubbish but it is a widely held view amongst fans. I've just looked on Google and most seem to still agree with that.
David