One for Oilyspanner...

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

martyhopkirk

One for Oilyspanner...

Post by martyhopkirk »

Stuart...
How did you fettle the BX wiper to park on the opposite side.[?][?][?]
Fancy doing this modification to the AX - had a look @ the wiper assembly and the Haynes BOL, but nothings leaping out at me...
Cheers, Marty.
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

one of the little levers in the linkage (theres really only one) had to be reversed 180 degrees, suggest you put the wiper on and stare at it, WARNING a good mate chopped the end off a finger with a wiper linkage, theres a lot of torque there, how is the new AX?
Stewart
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Thanks Stewart - will have a good look and see if I am man enough for the job!!!
New AX surprisingly good so far - only the handling into corners gives cause for concern - lots of body roll, so not sure if stiffer shocks or a strut brace is in order - shocks seem ok, good ride other wise. (Not a patch on ZX or Xantia when thrown into a roundabout with gusto!)
Timing belt gets done this weekend - and coolant if possible (not a lot of heat from matrix, so will flush) Then will be pressed into daily service and hope someone will part with about £400 for a ZX with tax and MOT till end of August.
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Sounds like tired shocks/struts to me, then again it could be standard small frogmobile handling, my mum used to allow me to use her renault 6 and I remember almost getting the doorhandles down on enthusiastic cornering;)
Stewart
mbunting
My Cars:

Post by mbunting »

What you also have to remember is that the AX has narrow tyres, and also the 1.5D is a heavy lump at the front - leading to massive understeer !
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Wondered if a pair of OMP strut braces would help (some on eBay)....
Or whether I should be less enthusiastic in my cornering![:D]