Southampton get together 13/11/04

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

tomsheppard
My Cars:

Southampton get together 13/11/04

Post by tomsheppard »

Is cancelled due to a shortage of takers. More enthusiasm in the Frozen Northern Wastelands, where they sit by their great log fires and tell a tale (Hence Noggin, I suppose) so I'll be there (Staying sober[:(])
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

It's grim up north Tom[:D]
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

a) its not all frozen i mean its cold but it aint frozen
b) your only jelous cos your southern [:D]
c) you've been to manchester then?
Further
d) of course we've got log fires, its flippin bonfire night/week/month
e) comin up north and not drinking is like being a fairy [:D}
Wish i could go to the northern meet, but having it on a Saturday in the christmas peak (peak starts 8 weeks before christmas day!) sucks, i'd be hard pressed to get a sunday off, but i'd be looking for a new job if i went AWOL on the saturday!
North is better! <begin war>
bernie
My Cars:

Post by bernie »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by vanny</i>

North is better! <begin war>
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I would imagine that France would be better[:D]
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

what you mean we should go and get france back? i guess parts would be cheaper if we club together and buy citroen of the UK government (or would that be US government?). He he, jasper carrot has the right idea, get 40,000 tickets on the euro star and take an army over on the chunnel!
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

France? I've already invaded it with many of my compatriots. Some villages in the North West are entirely populated by English expats but I live in a relatively French one. Yes, I have been to Manchester. (I built the "Cracker" attraction for the Granada studio tour.)
Coming up North and not drinking is a legal necessity Vanny unless you want me to travel by train! As for a War between North and South, WE'VE GOT BERNIE! (So any more sabre rattling from you lot and we'll send him to you.)
DLM
My Cars:

Post by DLM »

Well, we could always go for a drink in the Dolphin anyway, Tom? That is, unless I find myself driving a Citroen Relay van up/down the M4 again next weekend. I hope not, because it had the most arse-numbing seats I think I have ever encountered in ANY vehicle.
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

my lovely american lass was a fencer, used sabres, whats wrong with a box of nails and a hammer? Whats the world coming to, too much technology if you ask me!
(promise to go take my pills now, even if they are for arthritis!)
bernie
My Cars:

Post by bernie »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by vanny</i>

fancer
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
What's that then?
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

i think its one of those people who hug rocks and push trees, though i could be confuzled with something else?
i cant help being a very poor english!
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Tom - you could always stop over somewhere ooop north (we have these things called ho-tels where in exchange for money or payment in kind the kindly inn keeper will offer you a bed/drink/ daughter for the night).....[:-)]
There is always my caravan in Preston!