Picture(s) of the day....

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Picture(s) of the day..

Post by CitroJim »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 15 Nov 2017, 16:58 Tre-Men-Dous! :-D

Top Class POTD-ing!

Excellent :) You know you only have to mention locomotives and railways and I'm in my element!

Remember you posted a web link about the former Norwich City station and a walk along the remains of the line that ran from it the other day?

That site contained a few photos that have a connection to the picture of a lump of hexagonal concrete at Highcliffe-on-Sea I posted a picture of in this thread earlier ;)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

I was looking at a book in 'The Works' today that would suit you Jim Cars Trains and Planes, £25 cover price reduced to £12.

This one:

https://www.theworks.co.uk/p/train-book ... Jr6vD_BwE
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Gibbo2286 wrote: 15 Nov 2017, 19:29 I was looking at a book in 'The Works' today that would suit you Jim Cars Trains and Planes, £25 cover price reduced to £12.

This one:

https://www.theworks.co.uk/p/train-book ... Jr6vD_BwE

That one looks a cracker of a book and encompasses all of my transportation interests :D

I like 'planes even though I won't travel on them...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 15 Nov 2017, 16:46
CitroJim wrote: 15 Nov 2017, 16:39 Here we go...

Best XM I ever had.... Ran on LPG too...
That is just excellent Jim, love it! Total randomness and we unearth a nice pair! Thats just what POTD is about for me.

Regards Neil

By coincidence that car turned up on eBay a week or so ago with a broken timing belt, but has been saved from the scrap man. http://www.club-xm.co.uk/forum/viewtopi ... 05#p106135
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Good to see the old thing is still about Mike.... I can't recall if I changed the cambelt in my ownership. I don't think I did...

There is some debate as to whether or not the 2.0TCT is a non-interference engine so it may have survived the breakage...

Not a bad buy at £104...
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Not had a POTD for a few days now so when I saw this I immediately thought of POTD...

I've often heard the term 'dirt bike' but never quite understood what it meant...

I think I do now ;)
Own Work
Own Work
This bike often parks next to mine at work. I wonder what route he takes to work and if he does a bit of ploughing on the way!!!
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Anyone remember this stuff?
Own Work
Own Work
I now have a car that needs it :)
Jim

NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Will you be needing one of these too Jim?

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/5a/43/0d/5a43 ... s-guns.jpg

10 points if anyone knows the "brand"

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

I don't know the brand but have one of those that belonged to my grandad.
Will dig it out and have a look tonight.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 27 Nov 2017, 06:26 Will you be needing one of these too Jim?

I will Neil as it has grease nipples on its kingpins :)

The one in the picture looks like a Tecalamit?

Luckily I still have one stashed away somewhere...

Along with my strobe timing light and dwell meter - all stuff that'll now be very valuable!

Not used them for years but glad now I kept them...
Jim

NewcastleFalcon

POTD-photograph your grease gun day

Well it's been a while since we have had a theme to rival Soviet Military Toilets Day for obscurity so how about...
Go into your tool store and photograph your grease gun day!

Bet yours has a lever Jim, rather than the beautiful manual simplicity of that little one in the picture. Then again there may be one of those professional garage jobs the size of a fire extinguisher knocking around someone's garage :-D :!:
myglaren wrote: 27 Nov 2017, 06:57 I don't know the brand but have one of those that belonged to my grandad.
Will dig it out and have a look tonight.
Take the camera and post it up Steve!
CitroJim wrote: 27 Nov 2017, 08:12 Luckily I still have one stashed away somewhere...
Find it, take its picture, and give it its 5 minutes of fame on POTD! :-D

and your guess which I presume came from stored knowledge is
Spoiler: show
Spot on again, the firm started out in 1922 and is still active in the garage tools field and is currently based in Plymouth
regards Neil
Last edited by NewcastleFalcon on 27 Nov 2017, 15:44, edited 2 times in total.
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Here's my little lot and for good measure a photo of my alternative to copper grease for the brake pads.
Attachments
IMGP1620.JPG
IMGP1619.JPG
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
NewcastleFalcon

POTD Photograph your grease gun Day!

Gibbo2286 wrote: 27 Nov 2017, 13:07 Here's my little lot and for good measure a photo of my alternative to copper grease for the brake pads.

Thanks Gibbo....an excellent and very rapid start to "Photograph your grease gun day"

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)

Post by Gibbo2286 »

I've got another much smaller one somewhere...............if I could only find it. :)
NewcastleFalcon

POTD-Grease gun special!

From my old mini days, the one on the left of Gibbo's pic, was my weapon of choice.

Each radius arm had a nipple, both ball joints and probably several other places too I can't remember.

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey