parts relay system

All the sticky threads from the Citroen and Activa forums have been relocated here at least on a temporary basis.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

I don't know if it's the same, but there is a mapping service where everyone can enter their location and personal information so others can look up who's where. I suspect it's from something like facebook or similar?
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

I don't suppose anyone's heading to Bristol, Cardiff or even Swansea from Bedford who wouldn't mind transporting a black Xantia bonnet!?

No. Didn't think so!

Mind, DickieG, if one of those rear arms is the OS and it's still spare, I'd love it...

Andrew
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

KP wrote:http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8& ... 5e17c76182

Not sure if that works or not as i just created my google account to make it for you all :)
You will need to invite anyone wishing to add to the map as a collabarator, they need to have a Google account too and permission to edit the map.

I'll PM you my gmail address or you can plonk me in at NE38 0PE, as you wish.

Don't be afraid of inviting collabarators, I have several shared documents and it all works OK.
DO secure your Google acount though as there is a big hole in it, announced recently on Slashdot.
On the main page go to settings, on the General tab, at the bottom of the page, hit the radio button for always use https, it's that simple.

I could dump citrunut's door in Donny, if that pleases, it isn't much further than Leeds. I lived the first three years of my life there - Wivelsfield Road, wherever the hell that might be (haven't been back there in 46 years).
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

That map database resource is Flikr or somesuch isn't it;
I don't have my normal bookmarks as I'm on my mobile Internet...

Andrew
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

andmcit wrote:I don't suppose anyone's heading to Bristol, Cardiff or even Swansea from Bedford who wouldn't mind transporting a black Xantia bonnet!?

No. Didn't think so!
Don't be so sure Andrew :wink:

I'll be going down to Somerset in the not too distant future and one of my routes takes me very close to Bath so a detour to Bristol would not be out of the question. Question is though - will a Xantia bonnet fit inside a Xantia estate?

Bedford is not a million miles from me...

Whereabouts in Bristol? Anywhere in the Kingswood area and I could pop in and see one of my Aunts...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Question is though - will a Xantia bonnet fit inside a Xantia estate?
'course it will, if you bend it in the middle :D
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

myglaren wrote: 'course it will, if you bend it in the middle :D
:lol: :lol: I laughed so much I nearly sprayed my keyboard with tea!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

Jim; In truth, I'm still forming my thoughts on this one in print here on the
forum. My elusive search for a black bonnet for my failed strut Activa may
be near resolving! In actual fact the breaker has a complete car I may be
tempted to buy more panelwork from. I mention Bristol as I know it
reasonably well and in fact Bath betterand they're places nearer me that
are not too far off the beaten track!!

For sure an Xm bonnet fits an estate and IIRC a Xantia one does too!
Deffo 4x Xm estate doors; did it earlier in the week!

Andrew
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Argh if only I had today off, I could have popped over to pick up the bonnet as I'm down in Cheddar on Sunday for a christening.

Jim, if you get called on and need the roof bars, give me a shout. That's how we got Cassy's new bonnet back from Northampton.

Unless you want to remove the bonnet release handle though, it'd be an idea to put a duvet or blanket between the bars and the bonnet, just to lift it up a bit otherwise the lever rests on the roof, and while Cassy's is already dented and scratched from the old BBQ, I wouldn't want Dex to end up the same!
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Brilliant stuff Xac :D Roof bars will be the way to go and Andrew will have no bother spotting me :lol: A white Xantia with a blck bonnet strapepd to it :lol:
Xac wrote: I wouldn't want Dex to end up the same!
Indeed, especially as I have expended much elbow grease in polishing him and making him look all shiny...
Jim

KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Dropping the door off in donny is possible.
Would have to be this week in the evening maybe or before jim does his trip really so a weekend would be good too.

All this depend on when my next child comes along though as he is due to come out in the next week or less maybe!!
joss
My Cars:

Post by joss »

this is a great idea!

I am looking at a n/s rear ZX door on ebay but it is in cheshire and I am in IOM. It can be left at an address in the Dales for me to pick up when I am back if any one is going north...
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Jim what date are you thinking of doing this on again please as i cant seem to find it in the thread :D
Gammy leg
My Cars:

Post by Gammy leg »

I do Bexhill to Dartford ( overlooking QE2 bridge ) most weekdays. Very handy for handover to Malcolm in St Leonards if my memory serves.

Gammy
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

yes please Gammy

and how many cups of tea do you require for your part in this adventure

kind regards
malcolm