Forge Motor Company - Cookham Berkshire

A list of garages and suppliers that have given proven good service to members. All submissions to this forum must be approved by either an Admin or a Moderator before inclusion.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

Northern_Mike

Citroen Indy in Berkshire - Forge Motor Company

Post by Northern_Mike »

Forge Motor Company, on the High Street in Cookham nr Maidenhead.

Excellent Service.

01628 522948
evoke

Forge Motor Company - Cookham Berkshire

Post by evoke »

Some of you will know of my woes with my Citroen C5. After six months of forking out thousands for, possibly, work that didn't need doing, I have finally managed to find a garage that I can trust and one that I can recommend. Forge Motor Company in Cookham are a family-run business in a quaint village called Cookham in Berkshire.

I went in to them for a fluid leak and a knocking noise. The appointment was arranged with no fuss and a courtesy car made available for me. The handover was quick and efficient with the head mechanic engaging in a conversation about the problems with my car.

The work was completed quickly and the cost was tiny compared to what I had paid out to another independent garage previously.

As for the knocking noise, there was actually a second issue that only manifested itself under certain conditions. I booked the car back in again this week and the issue was identified within minutes and rectified within 30 minutes. There was no charge for this.

Forge Motor Company fill me with confidence, particularly after the experiences i've had this year! If you're near Berkshire then it's well worth considering them to work on your Citroen.

Pros
Very, very knowledgeable mechanics
A fair analysis of the problem with no made-up work
Courtesy car
Face-to-face honest conversations rather than hiding behind bureaucracy and paperwork
A fair estimate and final price with a detailed breakdown
No-quibble follow-up work if any problems continue

Cons
A little tricky to find
2008 Citroen C5 2.2 HDi Exclusive
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.