Xac's adventures with Cassy (and friends + wife)

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 06 Jul 2009, 16:34

Brilliant :D

So Wednesday will be the day you finally get to enjoy a well sorted Activa then :wink:

Looking forward to it!

Xaccers

Post by Xaccers » 06 Jul 2009, 17:02

Had a phone call from nice chap at Peugeot.
They're on back order, won't be here until the 16th.
I hate Peugeot.

Xaccers

Post by Xaccers » 15 Jul 2009, 13:09

Had a message left on my mobile this morning from Peugeot saying my parts were in, so I'm about to head off and grab them.
Fingers crossed!

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 15 Jul 2009, 13:29

Xac wrote:Had a message left on my mobile this morning from Peugeot saying my parts were in
Excellent :D I was going to ask of Activa news Xac :wink:

When are you fitting them? Only a two minute job :wink:

Xaccers

Post by Xaccers » 15 Jul 2009, 17:31

Will be fitting them tonight hopefully.
However, although the description of the blocks said that it contains two, what it actually contains is two halves.
So I've ordered another one which should hopefully arrive Friday.

Having said that, the new one on the new rod still has quite a bit of space around it.
I'll compare it with the old ones and see how much they've actually worn.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 15 Jul 2009, 17:46

Xac, give me a quick call when you get cracking and I'll nip over and see you for ten minutes. I want to give the Activa a quick spin out and it had may as well be a useful journey.

Did I not say order TWO packes of guide blocks :roll: :lol:

Xaccers

Post by Xaccers » 15 Jul 2009, 17:55

CitroJim wrote:Xac, give me a quick call when you get cracking and I'll nip over and see you for ten minutes. I want to give the Activa a quick spin out and it had may as well be a useful journey.
You bet, will have the kettle on too.
Not sure when it will be, have to pick Danielle up from the station as she's been in london all day playing around with citrix and other computer systems - you wouldn't think she was in insurance!
CitroJim wrote: Did I not say order TWO packes of guide blocks :roll: :lol:
oops.
But the system at Perrys said it contained two blocks.
Did I mention I hate Peugeot?

Xaccers

Post by Xaccers » 16 Jul 2009, 18:07

Jim popped over last night and we fitted the bits I'd ordered, and used the least worn of the two old blocks.
Lying underneath with the front wheels on ramps, I stuck my magnetic spirit level under the subframe (taking into account the slope of the road) and set to work adjusting Juliet's roll.
Managed to get her pretty level and had a quick trip around the block.
She's much better, but still not 100%, so tomorrow I should be able to pick up the remaining control rod block from Peugeot, and will get Juliet up on the proper inspection ramps at Finmere.

Xaccers

Post by Xaccers » 17 Jul 2009, 17:00

I now have the remaining block, so hopefully the rain will stop long enough for me to fit it.

Xaccers

Post by Xaccers » 17 Jul 2009, 21:40

Have just gotten back from Finmere.
Juliet is now sitting pretty much level, she still rolls a bit on right hand turns, but left hand is like on rails so more tinkering will be needed the next time the weather is good, either that or (probably) the roll corrector is still not free moving enough in one direction, in which case, depending on the cost, I may bite the bullet and buy a new one.

Xaccers

Post by Xaccers » 23 Jul 2009, 11:16

Took Juliet round to Jim's last night to have a go at sorting out her roll correction, as she is only correcting in one direction, or at least only correcting quickly in one direction, so Jim's fear was a strange hydrolic problem.
With her up on ramps, Jim dived underneath to perform some diagnostics.
The rubber end cap was bulging, so had to come off to check for LHM leaks, but thankfully there were none.
Getting the cap back on was a real PITA!
I eventually managed it by using a small screwdriver to push the rear edge into place from between the corrector and cap, then reacher round the back, I held it in place and was able to stretch it over the corrector.
You have to stretch it quite a bit, not to reach, but to make the edge of the cap thin enough to fit between the corrector end and the car!

Jim found the cause of the one way correction.
Somehow the heatshield behind the corrector had been bent out of shape and was restricting the movement of the plastic arm.
Using one of my pry bars, Jim was able to make enough room and the corrector was able to work properly.
Jim set about adjusting the roll to make her as level as possible (something he's much better at than I am).
Danielle and I took her for a quick spin, including a few trips around a roundabout, and while she was still rolling on right hand turns, she was much better.
Up on an axle stand on the passenger side, and a few more turns of the adjuster outward on that side, and she's nearly done.
There's a slight roll going round roundabouts, so I think one or two more turns should do it.

Xaccers

Post by Xaccers » 23 Jul 2009, 18:29

Mwhahahahahaha!

Having thrown Juliet around several of MK's finest roundabouts, she now appears to be much more balanced, hardly leaning in either direction :D

Just need to get some more petrol (I tell you what, it doesn't last half as long as diesel) and head off to Danielle's for dinner, where I'm sure to sit twitching at wanting to get behind the wheel again :twisted:

Sid_the_Squid

Post by Sid_the_Squid » 23 Jul 2009, 19:24

Glad to hear you finally have the roll correction sorted Xac :) Now go forth and teach the local chavs a lesson :twisted:

Xaccers

Post by Xaccers » 23 Jul 2009, 21:29

I have a problem, it appeared on the M1 heading down to Luton.

Juliet likes to cruise at Ludicrous Speed(tm) :D

admiral51

Post by admiral51 » 23 Jul 2009, 21:40

Xac wrote:
Juliet likes to cruise at Ludicrous Speed(tm) :D
And thats a problem :lol: :lol: :lol:

Colin