Xantiaman's Blog

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

XantiaMan
Posts: 1603
Joined: 12 Aug 2007, 18:47

Post by XantiaMan » 18 Sep 2011, 20:06

lexi wrote:Nice little runaround Gareth. 40mpg?


I've not measured it yet, but it does seem very good on fuel, must be knocking on the door of 40mpg, at the moment i'm still giving it a good blasting and its working, it flies now, really smooth, better than a K series :lol:

Spoken to one of the techs at work and we are going for a PCM update next time i'm in the area, with 15 ish different versions of software alone there is bound to be an improvement, its not really an issue in normal driving though.

In the absence of any decent Activa's or V6's at the moment i've been looking at different cars.

My dad has just purchased a Volvo V70 2.5 SE in silver, W plate, 86k on the clock and history. Its typical brick estate, and i really like it :D So much so, that i have been looking on the bay for one, a T5 of course!

They are really silly money right now, i could get a really nice one for just under 1k, and that is very tempting!

The missus has even been convinced, although the coupe C70 T5 would be more to her taste, its more what comes up at the time.

With 300bhp potential and that great 5 pot burble, the full armchair like leather heated seats, the comfort and solid build, its something i am seriously looking at, unless anyone wants to sell me their Activa? :-**

User avatar
Deanxm
Posts: 3295
Joined: 18 Dec 2008, 18:57

Post by Deanxm » 18 Sep 2011, 20:36

To be honest Gareth, the T5 is a cracking good car, if you have not had one then get one and enjoy it now while the price is right and they are not too old, i do love a good Citroen as much as the next bloke but you have done the Activa thing, you need to play the automotive field a bit 8-)

D

User avatar
Citroenmad
Posts: 8111
Joined: 04 Dec 2008, 23:08

Post by Citroenmad » 18 Sep 2011, 20:52

Ive got a bit of a thing for Volvos :oops: I say go for it, get a nice T5, though avoid those cabrios I saw on your facebook :lol:

I like the idea of a T5 estate, that way it will haul loads but still perform far better an most people would expect it too.

XantiaMan
Posts: 1603
Joined: 12 Aug 2007, 18:47

Post by XantiaMan » 18 Sep 2011, 21:07

Citroenmad wrote:Ive got a bit of a thing for Volvos :oops: I say go for it, get a nice T5, though avoid those cabrios I saw on your facebook :lol:

I like the idea of a T5 estate, that way it will haul loads but still perform far better an most people would expect it too.


They should of been Coupe's Chris, although there seems little price difference! Very nice looking car either way.

This one is top of the list at the moment.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150663708299? ... 902wt_1059

User avatar
Citroenmad
Posts: 8111
Joined: 04 Dec 2008, 23:08

Post by Citroenmad » 18 Sep 2011, 21:09

XantiaMan wrote:
Citroenmad wrote:Ive got a bit of a thing for Volvos :oops: I say go for it, get a nice T5, though avoid those cabrios I saw on your facebook :lol:

I like the idea of a T5 estate, that way it will haul loads but still perform far better an most people would expect it too.


They should of been Coupe's Chris, although there seems little price difference! Very nice looking car either way.

This one is top of the list at the moment.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150663708299? ... 902wt_1059


Ah, perhaps :lol:

Hmm I can see why, I quite fancy that myself. That is an awful lot of car for very little money. Good colour too 8-) Can you get them with a manual box?

XantiaMan
Posts: 1603
Joined: 12 Aug 2007, 18:47

Post by XantiaMan » 18 Sep 2011, 21:21

Citroenmad wrote:
XantiaMan wrote:
Citroenmad wrote:Ive got a bit of a thing for Volvos :oops: I say go for it, get a nice T5, though avoid those cabrios I saw on your facebook :lol:

I like the idea of a T5 estate, that way it will haul loads but still perform far better an most people would expect it too.


They should of been Coupe's Chris, although there seems little price difference! Very nice looking car either way.

This one is top of the list at the moment.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150663708299? ... 902wt_1059


Ah, perhaps :lol:

Hmm I can see why, I quite fancy that myself. That is an awful lot of car for very little money. Good colour too 8-) Can you get them with a manual box?


Yes you can, quite a few seem to be Auto, doesnt bother me on a car like that, plus we know a good autobox man :wink: :lol:

User avatar
Deanxm
Posts: 3295
Joined: 18 Dec 2008, 18:57

Post by Deanxm » 18 Sep 2011, 21:22

There are a couple on at the moment with manual boxes, 240bhp.

That one your looking at is pretty good for the price atm

D

User avatar
Citroening
Posts: 2517
Joined: 26 Feb 2010, 21:19

Post by Citroening » 18 Sep 2011, 21:33

The Volvos are nice cars. 8-)

Dad's got a nice one ATM - a C70 T5 Convertible Manual. A lovely combination being the manual too and nice miles at 43K.

Edit - Picture playing up. :roll:
Last edited by Citroening on 18 Sep 2011, 21:38, edited 1 time in total.

XantiaMan
Posts: 1603
Joined: 12 Aug 2007, 18:47

Post by XantiaMan » 18 Sep 2011, 21:36

Deanxm wrote:There are a couple on at the moment with manual boxes, 240bhp.

That one your looking at is pretty good for the price atm

D


Its just silly having that amount of power straight out the box!

User avatar
Citroenmad
Posts: 8111
Joined: 04 Dec 2008, 23:08

Post by Citroenmad » 18 Sep 2011, 21:41

Yes I can imagine they suit an auto box actually, its a Volvo so surely it will be a good and long lived one ...

User avatar
Deanxm
Posts: 3295
Joined: 18 Dec 2008, 18:57

Post by Deanxm » 18 Sep 2011, 21:46

XantiaMan wrote:
Deanxm wrote:There are a couple on at the moment with manual boxes, 240bhp.

That one your looking at is pretty good for the price atm

D


Its just silly having that amount of power straight out the box!


Indeed, its an amazing package, in fact after driving the Focus and a T5 i must admit ford have ruined a good engine with a shockingly average car, for me it would be the T5 every time dispite the age difference.

D

User avatar
Citroenmad
Posts: 8111
Joined: 04 Dec 2008, 23:08

Post by Citroenmad » 18 Sep 2011, 21:47

Deanxm wrote:
XantiaMan wrote:
Deanxm wrote:There are a couple on at the moment with manual boxes, 240bhp.

That one your looking at is pretty good for the price atm

D


Its just silly having that amount of power straight out the box!


Indeed, its an amazing package, in fact after driving the Focus and a T5 i must admit ford have ruined a good engine with a shockingly average car, for me it would be the T5 every time dispite the age difference.

D


Do you mean the more recent Focus ST?

User avatar
Deanxm
Posts: 3295
Joined: 18 Dec 2008, 18:57

Post by Deanxm » 18 Sep 2011, 21:49

Focus Rs Chris, but yes.

D

User avatar
Citroenmad
Posts: 8111
Joined: 04 Dec 2008, 23:08

Post by Citroenmad » 18 Sep 2011, 21:51

Deanxm wrote:Focus Rs Chris, but yes.

D


Well, there was the Focus RS in a MK1 Focus (not sure if that used the 2.5 Volvo unit though), then in the MK2 there was the ST (available in the interesting orange colour with the 2.5T Volvo engine) and now the Focus RS has returned. I like the ST personally, id have that over a Golf GTi any day! Possibly in orange :roll:

XantiaMan
Posts: 1603
Joined: 12 Aug 2007, 18:47

Post by XantiaMan » 18 Sep 2011, 21:54

Citroening wrote:The Volvos are nice cars. 8-)

Dad's got a nice one ATM - a C70 T5 Convertible Manual. A lovely combination being the manual too and nice miles at 43K.

Edit - Picture playing up. :roll:


Wow that is low miles! The C70 is such a classy shape too.

Although this is an 850, it shows the potential of that 5 pot, plus that epic noise. I'm such a petrolhead!

http://youtu.be/N75T4x0OrDw