Vince's XM...213k and slowing....

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy

Post by DickieG » 07 Sep 2010, 19:37

XantiaMan wrote:
vince wrote:There must be a product available like scotchguard for car carpets? That would come in handy for you id have thought....
Supagard used to have a scotch protection available as a package on new cars, i used to apply it.
Does it work?

vince

Post by vince » 08 Sep 2010, 06:24

Deanxm wrote:Where's the piccies vince?

D
Sorry Dean, i havent had chance yet....i was going to wait until the door cards were done but ill try to stick some up tonight :wink:

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 08 Sep 2010, 06:38

Hi Vince,

Delighted the seats are in and good. I thought you'd enjoy leather too :D

Once bitten, forever smitten!!!!

We NEED photos....

vince

Post by vince » 08 Sep 2010, 22:00

Me too Jim im made up with them :D ....thanks for the part you played 8-)

They arent as comfortable yet as the velour ones were but thats because they have been stored for 2 years, so once they are pressed into active service over the coming weeks and receive a dose of conditioning and some steam to help remove some dents in the sponge from storage they will soften up nicely im sure.

Im loving the fact the drivers seat now has an arm rest...ive wanted one of those for ages :P :D

Pics to follow :wink:

vince

Post by vince » 08 Sep 2010, 22:05

They havent come out very well as it is pitch black outside but here goes.... imagine the door cards all in black....as they will be.

Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad » 08 Sep 2010, 22:11

Very nice, they'll finish your car off a treat 8-)

Deanxm

Post by Deanxm » 08 Sep 2010, 22:14

The Xantia arm rest looks like it would be nice on a long cruise, im glad i fitted the one in my xm, its very comfy especialy being auto.

D

XantiaDaveEire

Post by XantiaDaveEire » 13 Sep 2010, 19:24

Very nice Vince,it goes very well with the colour of the car 8-)

I had an armrest in my last Xantia and it annoyed the hell out of me :evil:

That said id love some nice leathers for my car :)

vince

Post by vince » 14 Sep 2010, 23:18

Good thing is Dave when you dont want it just fold it back... I tend to have it folded away and will probably use it on longer motorway trips....

Still looking for excuses to drive the car...and sit in these seats :lol:

vince

Post by vince » 18 Sep 2010, 23:16

Just a quick update.....

Not much happening with the car at the moment....spoiler is still knackered....door cards still dont match etc :lol:

Im broke this month after having to pay alot out after last payday...Next month i think we are in better shape...

Next month i am going to be looking to pick up some good high protection car wax as the cold weather and rain seem to be heading in and i want the car to fair well through winter. Reckoning on Collinite wax which is one of the most durable waxes available. Also want to get the spoiler back in shape. Either get over to warrington to pick up the one int he scrappy if its in good nick or get mine painted which apparently my mate knows a crack hot painter who will do it for just £30 :)

Depandant on wages received etc i might go for getting the door cards dyed black as they do let the interior down now not matching the seats and all.

Apart from the car front, Linda has her dirving test on the 7th of October....im starting to sweat about her driving the Xantia now :lol: I really want her to drive it as i wished i had a nice car to drive when i passed but also i dont want it scratched or pranged :lol: ..Perhaps im not giving her credit...im sure she will pass and be a great driver....just hope she treats it well like i do...there have been alot of hours put into that car :P

I dont get to drive it much at the moment due to using the works van and it being dark most nights when i get home... :(

Trainman
donor 2018

Post by Trainman » 19 Sep 2010, 08:03

vince wrote: Linda has her dirving test on the 7th of October....im starting to sweat about her driving the Xantia now :lol: I really want her to drive it as i wished i had a nice car to drive when i passed but also i dont want it scratched or pranged :lol: ..Perhaps im not giving her credit...im sure she will pass and be a great driver....just hope she treats it well like i do...there have been alot of hours put into that car :P
Tell her good luck and stop worrying she'll be fine, I know how much it scares me when Sarah takes the C6, she normally drives a Corsa and I'm forever wondering what's happened?, where is she?, has she bumped it and doesn't want me to know? Thing is I know she hasn't, it's just me :roll:

myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren » 19 Sep 2010, 11:15

+1
My youngest daughter tears around in a fairly rorty 2.3L SAAB Cabrio and the middle one in an Alfa GT Cloverleaf.
I worry about both of them as they are more inclined to 'give it the beans' that my two sons.
They never seem to get into difficulties though.

vince

Post by vince » 27 Sep 2010, 22:54

Well the time is almost upon us....test time.

I spoke to Linda earlier about insurance costs once she has passed...she is stillin cloud cuckoo land thinking that because she is older that insurance will be quite low....Whatever :roll:

I reckon it will be a big jump for us which may see the Xantia sold on in favour of a smaller more "new driver" insurance friendly car? though i hope not...Just been on the autotrader and one good option would be the peugeot 306 TD which is 5 insurance groups lower than the Xantia TD....I know its based on a few criteria such as the cost of repairs etc but 5 groups between them with the same engine etc....seems a lot to me.

I cant bear the thought of losing hydraulics..... :cry: Please lord...ive been a good boy this year :lol:

If i end up in a small hatchback car, im telling you now i wont be a happy bunny....i will sulk for at least a couple of months :evil:

DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy

Post by DickieG » 27 Sep 2010, 23:04

TBH Vince the 306 is quite pleasant to drive and more sprightly than a Xantia with the same engine, the ride is quite smooth with good/fun handling, I drove one at work for a while and found it a relatively pleasant experience. My Mum bought a facelift one brand new, the only problem she had was the instrument panel went pop which meant that the whole lot need to be replaced in one go which IIRC cost £300ish. Bearing in mind the insurance issue it could be a good option for you, if size is a problem they did do an estate version.

myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren » 27 Sep 2010, 23:16

My youngest son has a 306 D-Turbo and it ain't bad but a Xantia it isn't!

Re: insurance. My eldest son just got rid of his Golf GTi Turbo and bought a Megane 1.9DCi. There was a huge difference in insurance groups (8 vs 16 IIRC) and the insurers wanted £400 more for the Megane.
Needless to say my son and his insurers have parted company.