Vince's XM...213k and slowing....

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

citroenxm
Posts: 8023
Joined: 31 Dec 2004, 00:10
Location: I WISH I KNEW!!!!. Somewhere in North Wales, Anglesey
My Cars: 93 L Xantia TD SX anti sink
H 91 XM V6 24v PRV Manual
K 93 XM V6 12v SEi auto LPG

55 C5 1.6 HDi VTR
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto
51 C5 LX HDi 2.0 auto
x 19

Post by citroenxm » 17 Dec 2009, 11:06

My 12v auto has travelled the country 3 times, from Winchester, to Edingbourgh to Glasgow to Newcastle Upon Tyne, to North Yorkshire again! Not all at the same time..

Unfortunally, paintwork wise shes looking a right mess..

I might start a new post actually, the Untidyest Citroens here. Mine WOULD defenatly come first! :oops: :cry:

(Except my S1 24v Xm..! Of course)

Paul :roll:
0
1991 XM 3.0 24v Manual (x2)
1994 XM 2.1 d auto (undecided what to do now)

1994 Xantia TD SX Project
s**t thats scarey... two XMs left...

XantiaMan
Posts: 1603
Joined: 12 Aug 2007, 18:47
Location: Norwich, Norfolk
My Cars:
x 1

Post by XantiaMan » 17 Dec 2009, 16:25

vince wrote:Dave i might battle valiantly to keep it clean, but TBH Jims red Activa, Graham's Activa (The one that was Jim's) and a couple of others at the National Rally made mine look untidy :lol:


Who is Graham? :lol:
0
2003 Ford Mondeo ST220
2002 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
2001 Ford Puma 1.7 VCT
2008 Ford Transit Mk7
http://www.facebook.com/kidmans

User avatar
davetherave
Posts: 883
Joined: 01 Apr 2009, 21:06
Location: Norwich
My Cars:

Post by davetherave » 17 Dec 2009, 17:46

Maybe its the northen translation of Gareth?
0
(95) XM Silver 2.1td Exclusive.
(87) Cx 2.5 DTR T1 undergoing major cosmetic surgery.
GPZ500s

vince
Posts: 1409
Joined: 22 May 2008, 22:29
Location: oldham
My Cars:
x 2

Post by vince » 17 Dec 2009, 20:21

XantiaMan583 wrote:
vince wrote:Dave i might battle valiantly to keep it clean, but TBH Jims red Activa, Graham's Activa (The one that was Jim's) and a couple of others at the National Rally made mine look untidy :lol:


Who is Graham? :lol:


Sorry its Gareth isnt it...i remembered today whilst i was out :oops: :)

I wouldnt mind some pointers from you the next time our paths meet.....My paint finish is riddled with swirls (spider webs) which i would like to get rid of somehow...Its a machine polish job isnt it? but with what products im not sure on. I am also going to get some clay in the new year once the weather sorts itself out and clay the body....Ive been spending some time on the detailing forum and the results of some people's work are jaw dropping 8)
0
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...

User avatar
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
Posts: 4892
Joined: 25 Nov 2006, 10:15
Location: Buckinghamshire
My Cars:
x 11

Post by DickieG » 17 Dec 2009, 20:39

vince wrote:Ive been spending some time on the detailing forum

Do you mean the car cleaning forum? :lol:
0
14 BMW 535D Tourer
11 BMW F25 X3 3.0D Sport
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH

User avatar
Deanxm
Posts: 3295
Joined: 18 Dec 2008, 18:57
Location: Isle of wight
My Cars: Citroen XM
x 30

Post by Deanxm » 17 Dec 2009, 21:01

DickieG wrote:
vince wrote:Ive been spending some time on the detailing forum

Do you mean the car cleaning forum? :lol:


Dont listen to him Vince ive been lurking about on some of the detailing forums too...............please dont say car cleaning forum it makes it sound sad, and geekish :lol:

D
0
XM Prestige 92, surgery has begun, RIP faithfull 2.0i
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............

vince
Posts: 1409
Joined: 22 May 2008, 22:29
Location: oldham
My Cars:
x 2

Post by vince » 17 Dec 2009, 21:10

Deanxm wrote:
DickieG wrote:
vince wrote:Ive been spending some time on the detailing forum

Do you mean the car cleaning forum? :lol:


Dont listen to him Vince ive been lurking about on some of the detailing forums too...............please dont say car cleaning forum it makes it sound sad, and geekish :lol:

D


:lol: Im open to all interpretation of detailing,,,,,I suppose it is advanced car cleaning with a bit of bodywork thrown into the mix...

I probably wouldnt have ended up on there Richard if my Xantia was in as good nick as yours :P ....Can you feel the envy :D

I must say that my neighbours think im pretty sad for cleaning the car all the time :lol: Only my wife "gets it".....but thats because ive pitched her it relaxes me :) Which it does if im not on a deadline :roll:
0
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...

User avatar
Deanxm
Posts: 3295
Joined: 18 Dec 2008, 18:57
Location: Isle of wight
My Cars: Citroen XM
x 30

Post by Deanxm » 17 Dec 2009, 21:17

luckily my neihghbours dont know me yet as i have not been here long but the XM gets washed and waxed every weekend before the cover goes on, including tyre dressing, hoovering and polish inside, so your not alone and yes it is relaxing to do............but not at all strange........in any way 8-[

D
0
XM Prestige 92, surgery has begun, RIP faithfull 2.0i
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............

User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 41565
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
Location: North Bucks
My Cars: Sally the white Saxo, Pixie the Sliver Pixo, a Giant TCR Bike, Giant TCR Pro Bike and a Giant gravel/adventure bike.
x 945

Post by CitroJim » 17 Dec 2009, 21:45

Most weekends I give my car interiors a good clean as I absolutely hate a mucky car inside :twisted:

I've not washed the exteriors now for ages, mainly because I've been too busy but I really must do the V6 soon. Someone commented on my V6 today, asking if I'd gone in for the "rat look" :lol:

I must admit it is a bit grubby...

I too find cleaning cars very theraputic and enjoyable. I enjoy cleaning anything practically, especially the house. And my garage. I hoover my garage at least once a week.. Got to look after the carpet :lol:
0
Jim

I am no longer active on this forum but please feel free to follow me on Facebook and Strava :)

vince
Posts: 1409
Joined: 22 May 2008, 22:29
Location: oldham
My Cars:
x 2

Post by vince » 17 Dec 2009, 22:44

I thought i remembered you had a "cleaning thing" Jim :P

Not a bad thing at all :) My wife just wishes my enthusiasm for cleanliness would extent to the house :lol:
0
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...

XantiaMan
Posts: 1603
Joined: 12 Aug 2007, 18:47
Location: Norwich, Norfolk
My Cars:
x 1

Post by XantiaMan » 18 Dec 2009, 22:44

vince wrote:
XantiaMan583 wrote:
vince wrote:Dave i might battle valiantly to keep it clean, but TBH Jims red Activa, Graham's Activa (The one that was Jim's) and a couple of others at the National Rally made mine look untidy :lol:


Who is Graham? :lol:


Sorry its Gareth isnt it...i remembered today whilst i was out :oops: :)

I wouldnt mind some pointers from you the next time our paths meet.....My paint finish is riddled with swirls (spider webs) which i would like to get rid of somehow...Its a machine polish job isnt it? but with what products im not sure on. I am also going to get some clay in the new year once the weather sorts itself out and clay the body....Ive been spending some time on the detailing forum and the results of some people's work are jaw dropping 8)


My paint correction stuff is all 3M based. I recently bought a clay bar, a Bilt Hamber one which can be used with plain water or soapy, i had the whole Transit done in about 25 minutes with it. Go on their site, its the best i've used.
0
2003 Ford Mondeo ST220
2002 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
2001 Ford Puma 1.7 VCT
2008 Ford Transit Mk7
http://www.facebook.com/kidmans

XantiaMan
Posts: 1603
Joined: 12 Aug 2007, 18:47
Location: Norwich, Norfolk
My Cars:
x 1

Post by XantiaMan » 18 Dec 2009, 22:54

CitroJim wrote:Most weekends I give my car interiors a good clean as I absolutely hate a mucky car inside :twisted:

I've not washed the exteriors now for ages, mainly because I've been too busy but I really must do the V6 soon. Someone commented on my V6 today, asking if I'd gone in for the "rat look" :lol:

I must admit it is a bit grubby...

I too find cleaning cars very theraputic and enjoyable. I enjoy cleaning anything practically, especially the house. And my garage. I hoover my garage at least once a week.. Got to look after the carpet :lol:


Mine are the other way around, i would much rather give the outside a good wash and keep the paint and bodywork in good shape, the interior gets a proper clean every few months (but then its only driven one day a week or less!)
0
2003 Ford Mondeo ST220
2002 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
2001 Ford Puma 1.7 VCT
2008 Ford Transit Mk7
http://www.facebook.com/kidmans

vince
Posts: 1409
Joined: 22 May 2008, 22:29
Location: oldham
My Cars:
x 2

Post by vince » 19 Dec 2009, 12:34

Likewise for me Gareth, I have kids and a wfie who view cars as mere A to B transportation devices and so leave all sorts of garbage in the interior.... :roll:
0
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...

vince
Posts: 1409
Joined: 22 May 2008, 22:29
Location: oldham
My Cars:
x 2

Post by vince » 28 Dec 2009, 17:27

At last the thaw 8)

Finally able to wash the car back to shiny standard again today...De -salted and tyres dressed and everything :P

Life makes sense again :)

Im mega impressed with the pure yellow H1 headlamp bulbs i am now running...this year im going for a more full on french look for shows.
0
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...

User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 41565
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
Location: North Bucks
My Cars: Sally the white Saxo, Pixie the Sliver Pixo, a Giant TCR Bike, Giant TCR Pro Bike and a Giant gravel/adventure bike.
x 945

Post by CitroJim » 28 Dec 2009, 21:27

vince wrote:Im mega impressed with the pure yellow H1 headlamp bulbs i am now running...this year im going for a more full on french look for shows.


Ahh well, you won't be hard to recognise then Vince... Wearing a beret, a striped teeshirt and a string of onions around your neck :lol: :lol:

Those bulbs sound good :D Are they still available? I've lost the original eBay ad for them now. If you still have details, I'd appreciate it.
0
Jim

I am no longer active on this forum but please feel free to follow me on Facebook and Strava :)