Long time since I have updated this.... it goes something like this:
Jan 14, 69k turbo failure. Rebuilt turbo fitted, plus all the other requried work.
Aug 14 76k loss of oil pressure. Sump off again, clean out the blocked strainer, replace the wrecked vacuum pump.
Somewhere in there it needed both front strut top bearings, so I fitted new springs as well whilst I was there.
Changed the cambelt as well last summer as it was noisy.
Brake light switch changed, but still got regular 'brake faults' coming up - need to fit the replacement underbonnet fuse box I've got here to see if that fixes it.
Now on 80k, seems otherwise OK. Think I will drop the sump again in the summer and rip the strainer out of the oil pickup.
Must change the pollen filter, but that is a right PITA job, so putting it off....
Scrapped March 14 at 160k. Needed too much work - not least of which was a repipe. Having stood for a few weeks on the drive, it burst the PAS pipe just after I started it...
Replaced with an 07 307 SW 1.6 HDi 110 - yes ANOTHER 1.6 HDi - this one had done 81k when I got it. Nice amount of history of work. Since then it has needed both front wheel bearings (second one just fitted), NS driveshaft oil seal, new clip on the NS CV joint, the OS CV joint, and both track rod ends. Filter removed from turbo oil feed pipe, although this one seems to be very clean. Needed a new AC condenser when I got it as well - had a stone hole in it. MOT next week - not sure about the rear suspension, might need new trailing arm bushes (well, it does need new bushes, just depends on whether he decides they are needed for the MOT or not!).
Now got a Lexia to help diagnose all those spurious faults the C4 throws up