Citrojim's Ka, Saxo and Bike Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Sally the white Saxo, Pixie the Sliver Pixo, a Giant TCR Bike, Giant TCR Pro Bike and a Giant gravel/adventure bike.

Re: Citrojim's Ka, Skoda, Saxo and Bike Tales

Post by CitroJim » 06 Jan 2018, 17:38

Oh gosh, I've got a problem now... Been out for a longish drive in the Ka and I've fallen in love with the bloody thing :roll: :twisted: :lol:

Honesty, it's such a hoot to drive and has such a colourful character it's hard not to...

I reckon the thermostat is stuck open - it runs very cool and the heater takes a while to get any idea of what its duties are...

I now understand why the former owner had a piece of cardboard stuck in front of the rad :lol:

Apart from that, it's hard to fault really...
Jim

I am no longer active on this forum but please feel free to follow me on Facebook and Strava :)

demag
Donor 2016
My Cars: "H" Citroen Bx Tgs Automatic.
2006 Toyota Prius T4 Gen 2.

Post by demag » 06 Jan 2018, 17:45

Wait till it turns to dust.
Dave

'04 C5 auto estate 2.2 hdi.
Bx 1.6 TGS Auto 50k A rare beast by all accounts. A bit tired but getting better by the day.
'96 XM 2.5TD VSX.......Sadly sold. What an idiot! I should have held on to that.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Sally the white Saxo, Pixie the Sliver Pixo, a Giant TCR Bike, Giant TCR Pro Bike and a Giant gravel/adventure bike.

Post by CitroJim » 06 Jan 2018, 17:48

demag wrote:
06 Jan 2018, 17:45
Wait till it turns to dust.

:rofl2: True Dave, very true...

It reminds me very much of my first few cars... Always fighting the old tin worm to keep them going a bit longer...

A Ka has a lot in common with 60s British cars in that respect...
Jim

I am no longer active on this forum but please feel free to follow me on Facebook and Strava :)

Michel
My Cars: Some terrible ones.

Post by Michel » 06 Jan 2018, 17:53

CitroJim wrote:
06 Jan 2018, 17:48

It's still got a 60s engine!
Drop a gear and disappear.

Michel

Post by Michel » 06 Jan 2018, 17:57

CitroJim wrote:
06 Jan 2018, 17:38
Oh gosh, I've got a problem now... Been out for a longish drive in the Ka and I've fallen in love with the bloody thing :roll: :twisted: :lol:

Honesty, it's such a hoot to drive and has such a colourful character it's hard not to...

I reckon the thermostat is stuck open - it runs very cool and the heater takes a while to get any idea of what its duties are...

I now understand why the former owner had a piece of cardboard stuck in front of the rad :lol:

Apart from that, it's hard to fault really...

I had a sneaking suspicion that you'd like it a lot after you'd driven it. It is a right laugh to drive, the handling is so good, like a go-kart and you know exactly where each wheel is all the time. I suspect you might be right about the 'stat too. The cardboard went in during that very cold week we had when I was using it early in the morning. Another pointer to the 'stat is that I thrashed it mercilessly to get some heat into it (and me) and it made bugger all difference.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 06 Jan 2018, 17:58

Michel wrote:
06 Jan 2018, 17:53
CitroJim wrote:
06 Jan 2018, 17:48

It's still got a 60s engine!

:lol: Yes, indeed... Good point well made!!!
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 07 Jan 2018, 10:02

I'm down at the caravan enjoying breakfast... It's a gorgeous morning and I had a great journey down here in the Ka... She ran beautifully and speaking of running, that's just what I'm going to do in a bit. I shall be searching all the New Milton charity shops for a Ka BoL during my run...

I badly need a rum after two hours of driving!
Jim

Michel

Post by Michel » 07 Jan 2018, 10:13

CitroJim wrote:
07 Jan 2018, 10:02
I'm down at the caravan enjoying breakfast... It's a gorgeous morning and I had a great journey down here in the Ka... She ran beautifully and speaking of running, that's just what I'm going to do in a bit. I shall be searching all the New Milton charity shops for a Ka BoL during my run...

I badly need a rum after two hours of driving!

That's a fair old trek, I'd never taken it that far in one go.

I bet you need a rum.... though I thought you didn't drink :P :lol:

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 07 Jan 2018, 11:56

I like an adventure Mike 😉 That's why I took the Ka :lol:

I meant run, not rum... That was put there by the predictive text on my phone!

I did have a good run too... 7.5 miles all around Barton on Sea and New Milton 😊 It's cool and windy but the lovely sun makes it feel warm.

Off to visit James (Elma) in a bit... Will be good to see him and get news of his V6 endeavours....
Jim

demag
Donor 2016

Post by demag » 07 Jan 2018, 12:04

Glad you like it Jim. I think the reason it's enjoyable is it's "pure" driving. You are driving "it", its not driving you like a modern car. Even in the C5 I feel a bit detached, in the BX the feeling is totally different and much more engaging.
Dave

Bx 1.6 TGS Auto 50k A rare beast by all accounts. A bit tired but getting better by the day.
'96 XM 2.5TD VSX.......Sadly sold. What an idiot! I should have held on to that.

Michel

Post by Michel » 07 Jan 2018, 12:17

demag wrote:
07 Jan 2018, 12:04
Glad you like it Jim. I think the reason it's enjoyable is it's "pure" driving. You are driving "it", its not driving you like a modern car.

It's exactly that. That's also the reason I'm simply not "getting" the Focus ST. It's fast, it sticks to the road and handles well but it drives me. It's too fast to be fun too..

demag
Donor 2016

Post by demag » 07 Jan 2018, 14:15

Yes I know what you mean Mike. I had a 1.4td Skoda Roomster and it was an absolute hoot to drive on B roads. It stuck well and had just the right balance of power to be fun. The only reason I got rid was the heater was useless. In the winter it would freeze inside and out. Otherwise a lovely car.
Dave

bobins
Donor 2016
My Cars: C5(X7)
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
VFR800

Post by bobins » 07 Jan 2018, 14:38

James Hunt used to use his old A35 van as a daily driver as he could drive it on the ragged edge around town and no one would notice ! He liked it because he actually had to drive it. He could get it sliding sideways at normal town speeds if he wanted to :lol:
C5 2009 2.0HDi VTR+ NAV
2x C5x7 Steering racks and counting

Michel

Post by Michel » 07 Jan 2018, 16:30

bobins wrote:
07 Jan 2018, 14:38
James Hunt used to use his old A35 van as a daily driver as he could drive it on the ragged edge around town and no one would notice ! He liked it because he actually had to drive it. He could get it sliding sideways at normal town speeds if he wanted to :lol:

Yes, I remember reading about JH and his A35. That's exactly the problem with the Focus. You can't thrash it anywhere! If you ragged it through first, second and third you'd be doing well over 90 in not much over 9 seconds. It was a bad idea, lovely car though it is, it will be for sale this week. I've decided it can have two weeks in Autotrader then WBAC can have it!

Michel

Post by Michel » 07 Jan 2018, 16:31

demag wrote:
07 Jan 2018, 14:15
Yes I know what you mean Mike. I had a 1.4td Skoda Roomster and it was an absolute hoot to drive on B roads.

is the Roomster the one that looks like a dodgy cut'n'shut? My missus likes them, but I prefer the Yeti/Tiguan thingy.