Citrojim's Ka, Saxo and Bike Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

Michel

Re: Citrojim's Activa, Saxo, 207 and Bike Tales

Post by Michel » 12 Nov 2017, 16:38

bxzx16v wrote:
12 Nov 2017, 15:40
Sorry it's took lomger than I realised to try and locate a radio in the garage . I'm not sure where the radio is out of my old dispatch but I have got a very nice Pioneer if your interested , it is only a radio and has a usb input etc just no Cd player , I had it in my Fiat doblo for a few month's and is a very nice bit of kit . Let me know if you want it and I'll get postage sorted out , I don't want anything for it .
I had one of these in my Meriva recently, picked it up s/h for a tenner off ebay, and it was a wonderful bit of kit. It now lives in my brother's 206!

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 13 Nov 2017, 13:56

bxzx16v wrote:
12 Nov 2017, 15:40
Sorry it's took lomger than I realised to try and locate a radio in the garage . I'm not sure where the radio is out of my old dispatch but I have got a very nice Pioneer if your interested , it is only a radio and has a usb input etc just no Cd player , I had it in my Fiat doblo for a few month's and is a very nice bit of kit . Let me know if you want it and I'll get postage sorted out , I don't want anything for it .

Mark

Thanks Mark, that's really appreciated :) I'll send you a PM in a bit with my address and so on... Let me know the costs of postage at least and I'll be delighted to refund it...

I had an excellent weekend away and did nothing on the forum at all and bar a little facebooking from my 'phone no other Internet :) It did me good as i did nothing really but rest, read run, walk and enjoy an excellent meal out with friends in Romsey :)

I drove the 207 down and back this weekend as she's not moved since Sally came to join the fun and I thought it was about time she had a decent run...

Today I parked the 207 up and took Sally out for the weekly shopping expedition.... Oh what joy, sally is so much lovelier to drive and being that little bit smaller, so much easier for me too :D

I also seem to have fixed her erratic half-hot running issue but will say no more until I'm sure... She was fine today but until she's been for for a while I'm not going to declare anything resolved...

bxzx16v

Post by bxzx16v » 14 Nov 2017, 16:51

You shall have music soon Jim [-o< .

Mark

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 14 Nov 2017, 18:32

bxzx16v wrote:
14 Nov 2017, 16:51
You shall have music soon Jim [-o< .

Mark

Thanks Mark :D That really is appreciated!

bxzx16v

Post by bxzx16v » 14 Nov 2017, 20:31

It should be a straight swap over Jim with the iso connectors .

Mark

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 15 Nov 2017, 05:38

bxzx16v wrote:
14 Nov 2017, 20:31
It should be a straight swap over Jim with the iso connectors .

That's even better Mark :)

Stickyfinger
Donor 2016

Post by Stickyfinger » 15 Nov 2017, 10:18

Only a month or so of ownership and you have already destroyed the originality !......good lord Jim what next, wide wheels and a bonnet bra ?

Don't know why I bother

:)

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 15 Nov 2017, 10:32

Stickyfinger wrote:
15 Nov 2017, 10:18
Only a month or so of ownership and you have already destroyed the originality !......good lord Jim what next, wide wheels and a bonnet bra ?

Don't know why I bother

:)

:rofl2:

I'm still determined to eventually fix the original wireless and the it can always be refitted to preserve originality :wink:

Anyway, I destroyed the originality bit when the rear seats came out to make it a pseudo van...

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 15 Nov 2017, 16:39

Sally is still misbehaving when started up from half-hot... She starts fine and runs fine for a short while before missing, spluttering and barely idling... If she's then stopped, switched right off and immediately restarted she's fine for the rest of the journey...

Likewise she's fine if started from stone-cold. She never exhibits the problem at all under such circumstances...

I've cogitated over this and discussed the problem at length with Zel. We're of the opinion it is occurring as the injection system switches over from open-loop to closed-loop mixture regulation. In open-loop the oxygen sensor is disregarded. The problem may be a lazy oxygen sensor or it has a heating element fault... It could also be a funny spot on the coolant temperature sensor...

The reason she's fine from stone-cold is likely because the oxygen sensor has much more time available to get it's act together as the system will be running open-loop for that much longer...

Replacements for both items are now on order...

Apart from that she is running really beautifully :)

Both Zel and I remain very puzzled over the cause of her wireless problem... It will be resolved as I refuse to let a wireless ever defeat me...

Ditto Sally's little running issue...

Stickyfinger
Donor 2016

Post by Stickyfinger » 15 Nov 2017, 17:15

Remember we have that spare SAXO down here Jim....carnival season (going tonight) is over on Sat so James and I can go fetch it soon. Fancy a day down here robbing parts (has 2 week old new drive shafts for example) before we scrap it ?

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 15 Nov 2017, 17:26

Stickyfinger wrote:
15 Nov 2017, 17:15
Fancy a day down here robbing parts ?

In answer to that, all I can say is does the Pope follow a certain religion? :lol:

That'll be great fun and just the ticket :D We'll arrange via the usual channels...

I will, as usual, combine it with Southwick parkrun :)

Stickyfinger
Donor 2016

Post by Stickyfinger » 15 Nov 2017, 17:59

Wilko

Zelandeth
Donor 2016

Post by Zelandeth » 15 Nov 2017, 19:09

Thought just sprang to mind that I should have asked earlier when I saw you Jim, but I didn't because I'm an idiot.

Assuming it goes through the test without any dramas (fingers crossed!) do you want me to drop the Skoda off at your place?

Thought just being that given I'll be taking out a day's insurance on both cars tomorrow, it saves me having to take out a second one to deliver it later/or would mean that you could have your first drives over there where you know the roads best.

Happy with whatever arrangements work best for you, just thought I should ask while it was in my head.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 16 Nov 2017, 05:38

Zelandeth wrote:
15 Nov 2017, 19:09
Assuming it goes through the test without any dramas (fingers crossed!) do you want me to drop the Skoda off at your place?

Yes please Zel!

I must admit I thought that was sort of implied anyway ;) I think we both thought and assumed without really saying so...

Fingers well crossed for both cars [-o<

I'm as nervous as hell to be honest, a trembling wreck today... Blood pressure is well up already :(

Bloody MOTs. I really do detest them :evil:

Zelandeth
Donor 2016

Post by Zelandeth » 16 Nov 2017, 11:10

No problem Jim.

Made it to the test station in the Skoda at least! Just waiting in line now.

That new thermostat is coming out and getting a bypass hole drilled in it as it's too slow to respond when driving - gauge swings far too far for my liking. Easily resolved though at least.

Reckon given the noises they've made on the way here that she's going to finally need discs, but honestly I'm not too worried about that as it's an easy fix.