Citrojim's Pixo, Saxo and Cycling Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re: Citrojim's Activa, Saxo, 207 and Bike Tales

Post by CitroJim » 06 Nov 2017, 06:53

Good, in a way, to know those better than me have been the victim of similar :)

I think you're right Zel, time to replace the struts on the 207... I don't want a repeat...
Michel wrote:
06 Nov 2017, 01:45
Had a sore head, went to work the next day. Only realised what effect it had on me later in the afternoon when someone came to me and thanked me for all my help that morning and I had no idea what they were on about. Then I took the train home (I drove 2 days, trained 3 at that time)..
I'd driven to work that day, and had no recollection. Didn't even walk to the car park..

Nasty... Definitely a bit of concussion there Mike... You must have been bad if you helped someone to the extent they came and thanked you... They must have been as shocked as you were :lol:

You were very wise in what you did as a precaution... I seem OK and no sign, I believe, of any after-effects... Oddly, when I did it there was no pain at all - just blood...

I'm either very hard or very thick - I'll let you make your own minds up on that one :lol:

NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon » 06 Nov 2017, 09:28

CitroJim wrote:
06 Nov 2017, 06:53
Good, in a way, to know those better than me have been the victim of similar :)

Its not co-incidence Jim, after never having been attacked by the tailgate, the Vectra got me twice this weekend when getting the hound out of the back. :-D Tailgate didnt rise to its normal level when just opening it as normal.

In another semi-co-incidence later this week, reading your post on Zel's blog, Iceland is going to have a visit from part of the "Falcon" clan at the end of the week. It must be the place to be!

Regards Neil

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 06 Nov 2017, 09:37

NewcastleFalcon wrote:
06 Nov 2017, 09:28
In another semi-co-incidence later this week, reading your post on Zel's blog, Iceland is going to have a visit from part of the "Falcon" clan at the end of the week. It must be the place to be!

Excellent :) Hope they enjoy as much as Robyn does...

She's off on a glacier hike whilst she's there... I'm quite frankly jealous - that in particular sounds like a cracking adventure...

I'm hoping she'll take some pictures and maybe I can post some in POTD?

NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon » 06 Nov 2017, 09:50

CitroJim wrote:
06 Nov 2017, 09:37
I'm hoping she'll take some pictures and maybe I can post some in POTD?

Of course! I'll sort the POTD scrutiny committee out for you :-D

Never been to Iceland myself but did visit the Faroe Islands 40 odd years ago. Decent market for Mazda and Toyota in those days, everyone seemed to be driving round in a Japanese car!

Regards Neil

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 06 Nov 2017, 09:56

NewcastleFalcon wrote:
06 Nov 2017, 09:50
everyone seemed to be driving round in a Japanese car!

That was like Cyprus in the 80s...

It made good sense too when you saw what you could buy Japanese against anything else... Japs were well loadewd with and luxury bits and were generally faultlessly reliable.

The Mazda 626 was incredibly popular, as was the Honda Accord.

I drove British cars in Cyprus as that was the rule in those days; we had to be see to be 'flying the flag'.

If we did not we couldn't have them shipped home for free at the end of our postings... That was a big factor as shipping home was expensive...

Some, who were determined to go Japanese, drove home from Cyprus across Europe...

Zelandeth
Donor 2016

Post by Zelandeth » 06 Nov 2017, 15:50

Sheesh, sounds very like what the amitriptyline does to me if I don't get enough sleep. I just sort of become aware of being part of the world usually somewhere around 1-2pm in the afternoon.

Thankfully being somewhat more a master of my own schedule these days I'm rarely subject to that nonsense any more.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 06 Nov 2017, 17:11

Zelandeth wrote:
06 Nov 2017, 15:50
Sheesh, sounds very like what the amitriptyline does to me if I don't get enough sleep.

Gosh, that drug and I don't mix at all Zel :twisted: I was prescribed it a few years ago as my GP thought it might help my ME symptoms and (at the time) perceived sleep disturbance issues.

It made every aspect of my ME a good order of magnitude worse :evil: I had to rapidly come off hem and it took a while to get any sort of normality back again...

She's tried to get me on similar drugs again in the recent past - no way!!!

Like you, I'm master of my own schedule nowadays, more or less, so my time-shifted day is no problem even if a fair percentage of normal folk are just thinking of bedding down for the night when I'm thinking of getting up and cracking on with the day :-D

Even work have been good enough to make working hours accommodations for me; but then they have to under the disability discrimination act ;)

Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur
donor 2018

Post by Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur » 06 Nov 2017, 22:55

NewcastleFalcon wrote:
06 Nov 2017, 09:28
Its not co-incidence Jim.... attacked by the tailgate...didnt rise to its normal level when just opening it as normal.

'tis the cold weather me thinks, mine also needed assistance today (thankfully not from my forehead)

Michel

Post by Michel » 06 Nov 2017, 23:09

Zelandeth wrote:
06 Nov 2017, 15:50
Sheesh, sounds very like what the amitriptyline does to me if I don't get enough sleep.

Have you tried Sertraline Zel? This is my head-bandage of choice these days. I've tried all the others - citalopram, amitryptiline, mirtazipine, Prozac, paroxetine and a couple of others. Sertraline works for me!

NB if you're taking amitryptiline for pain ignore the above!

Zelandeth
Donor 2016

Post by Zelandeth » 07 Nov 2017, 00:05

Not one I've heard of...will take a note of it for future investigation.

It's mainly to help with my sleep issues, though I do have some anxiety problems as well (even if I've only realised that recently) as well. It does help a bit - but makes me even worse if I get sleep deprived too far, and while helping a bit with anxiety in some ways it makes it worse in some other situations. GP really isn't interested to be honest...

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 08 Nov 2017, 17:59

Happily, I got some quality work done on the Activa this afternoon :) Rather enjoyed myself too!

I thought I'd start with the most difficult side and I'm glad I did. After installing the rebooted driveshaft and hub I found the driveshaft was just a mite too long to allow the hub lower swivel joint to pop back into the wishbone :twisted:

I'd made a schoolboy error :oops:

When I knocked the outer CV joint back on the shaft I didn't knock it far enough onto the very tight splines and hence it ended up too long...

Out it all came again and back in the big vice... I measured it and set about knocking the outer joint on further... I got at least another inch :)

Then it all reassembled sweetly...

This is as far as I got before bad light stopped play :)
Spannering10.jpg
Own Work
The disc is the beginning of the big brake conversion...

She'll soon be on her wheels now... Weather permitting ;)

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 09 Nov 2017, 18:27

I cracked on a bit, the RH suspension has been rebuilt and replaced on the Activa...

The big calipers have been overhauled and fitted...

Brakes bled and handbrake set up...

Hub nuts torqued up and she's now back on her wheels :D

She's all ready for her MoT and transfer to her new owner...

Delighted with what I've achieved thsse past two afternoons...

I've enjoyed it too :) Can't wait for my new car and the new challenges it'll present to me ;)

The big brake conversion on the RH side...
bigbrakes.jpg
Own Work
bigbrakes1.jpg
Own Work
Darkness fell before I finished but here she is on her wheels :)
onherwheels.jpg
Own Work
Tomorrow I'll be doing a bit more on Sally's wireless and getting ready for a weekend away at the seaside to indulge in a bit of running and cycling...

I will be fully off-line this weekend. I'm going for a true break and will have no social media at all except a mobile phone for emergencies and to arrange a meet-up with friends...

I'm pleased the Activa is now done as I can rest easy and enjoy my break properly :)

Zelandeth
Donor 2016

Post by Zelandeth » 09 Nov 2017, 23:34

Looking good Jim! Hope you have a good weekend away.

Be interesting to see a photo of the old and new brakes next to each other at some point.

With a bit of luck we'll get both of our motors back on the road soon!

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 10 Nov 2017, 10:17

Zelandeth wrote:
09 Nov 2017, 23:34
Looking good Jim! Hope you have a good weekend away.

Be interesting to see a photo of the old and new brakes next to each other at some point.

With a bit of luck we'll get both of our motors back on the road soon!

Thanks Zel, looking forward to going away...

I will do a picture of the old against the new brakes later today... There is a significant difference ;)

Must remember to top up the gearbox oil!

bxzx16v

Post by bxzx16v » 12 Nov 2017, 15:40

Sorry it's took lomger than I realised to try and locate a radio in the garage . I'm not sure where the radio is out of my old dispatch but I have got a very nice Pioneer if your interested , it is only a radio and has a usb input etc just no Cd player , I had it in my Fiat doblo for a few month's and is a very nice bit of kit . Let me know if you want it and I'll get postage sorted out , I don't want anything for it .

Mark