Citrojim's Ka, Saxo and Bike Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Sally the white Saxo, Pixie the Sliver Pixo, a Giant TCR Bike, Giant TCR Pro Bike and a Giant gravel/adventure bike.

Re: Citrojim's Activa, 1.9TD, 207 and Bike Tales

Post by CitroJim » 20 May 2017, 05:44

Thoroughly enjoyed the bus adventures :D
Jim

I am no longer active on this forum but please feel free to follow me on Facebook and Strava :)

elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Post by elma » 20 May 2017, 13:43

The code breakers book seems promising so far. Only managed a chapter, it is not a relaxing read for a tired mind at all. So much information in this book it needs a tentative reader. I have no intention of putting it down, just deferring until I'm fully awake.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Sally the white Saxo, Pixie the Sliver Pixo, a Giant TCR Bike, Giant TCR Pro Bike and a Giant gravel/adventure bike.

Post by CitroJim » 20 May 2017, 14:36

I well understand that those sorts of books need an alert mind to appreciate and enjoy properly.. I like to read autobiographies when the brain is fading... Currently reading Bradley Wiggins' auto... It's a good, easy, entertaining read and very revealing too...

On the other hand the history of Wharfedale speakers is taking a while to read...

Must recommend Wiggo's auto for the PE Library soon...
Jim

I am no longer active on this forum but please feel free to follow me on Facebook and Strava :)

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 20 May 2017, 18:04

It's been a brilliant day today :) Ran a total of 15K today between parkrun and a 10K run later - in the rain! No worries as I love running in the rain; it's a free shower and a clothes wash for me :lol:

If you add the 5K I walked around the parkrun course to set it up then I've done a total of 20K on my legs today - Half Marathon distance!

Or to put it another way, a total of 25,500 steps!

The parkrun was made special again today as I ran with Sian, my youngest daughter and her pal Gabs - she loves that I have a car named after her ;)

This was Sian and I last week:

lwprsianjim.jpg

My rider number for the Tour of Wessex bike sportive arrived in the post today... Now attached to my sportive bike.

ToWridernumber.jpg

This afternoon I serviced my sportive bike. Most important was a very fine set of adjustments to the rear dérailleur mechanism to ensure all gears engage smoothly and accurately... It is going to get a lot of use during the 85 hilly Somerset miles I'll be riding next Saturday!

I also cleaned and re-lubricated the chain with the special wax-based lube...

Tyres I'll do on the day...

It was great to have a visit this afternoon from both Zel and James (Hell Razor) this afternoon :D

It really has been a very good day...

Tomorrow I hope will be even better when I plan, after karate training, to go out on a long training ride in final training for the ToW next Saturday...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jim

Stickyfinger
Donor 2016
My Cars: Citroen C5x7 Exclusive Tourer
Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Daffodil the AX
ZX Volcane 2ltr petrol
V6.Activa donor car

Post by Stickyfinger » 20 May 2017, 18:10

Weather is forecast to be in the low 20's and sunny Jim.......hydrate !
Alasdair
The ACTIVA, as logical as cubed tumble-weed
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 20 May 2017, 18:18

Stickyfinger wrote:Weather is forecast to be in the low 20's and sunny Jim.......hydrate !

That will be perfect Alasdair :-D In that case I'll need both my water bottles then...

Must remember to bring both and make sure I have two bottle cages on my bike... Remind me ;)

I shall still bring my rain jacket, leg and arm warmers though ;) I know Somerset weather too well!
Jim

van ordinaire
donor 2017
Location: Live & work in London but weekend in Devon (or do I now live in Torbay & work in London?)
My Cars: Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club (quietly sleeping in a parallel universe)
'05 (yes, really) C15
others:-
'96 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the "donor"
'99 Jeep Cherokee Orvis - the green one
'97 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the red one
'99 Cadillac Seville STS
'96 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
& numerous what might be described as abandoned projects!

Post by van ordinaire » 20 May 2017, 18:31

Makes me tired just reading, never mind thinking, about your endeavours - & of a man who pleads ill health; it's all so depressing.

Still we all have to do what we do best/like most - & no one should ever try to understand an other's hobby/pastime! :?

Long may you enjoy your running & cycling! :)
Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club :cry:
'05 C15 :!:
'96 Jeep Cherokee - the "donor" :(
'99 Cherokee - the green one [-o<
'97 Cherokee - the red one :?
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
'99 Cadillac STS :|
& the numerous "abandoned projects" #-o

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 20 May 2017, 18:45

van ordinaire wrote:Long may you enjoy your running & cycling! :)

Thanks Van :D Not ill-health in the usual sense... I suffer a condition called ME and my running, cycling, swimming and Xantia spannering is my therapy and treatment...

It works too but it does not resolve all and as a result my life is necessarily very tightly controlled and restricted in order to keep the lid on it... If I stray beyond the bounds I find myself in a whole world I don't want to be in and it can take a while to extricate myself...

But for the physical training, the good home-cooked food (another passion of mine) and a life largely free of stress I'd be a fat, housebound invalid unable to work and struggling against the benefits system to live... I know this for sure as it almost happened...
Jim

Stickyfinger
Donor 2016
Daffodil the AX
ZX Volcane 2ltr petrol
V6.Activa donor car

Post by Stickyfinger » 20 May 2017, 19:28

We can get your water bottles in the freezer overnight Jim....your pants however are banned
Alasdair

elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Post by elma » 20 May 2017, 23:50

Don't forget the second water bottle and 2 cages.

van ordinaire
donor 2017
Location: Live & work in London but weekend in Devon (or do I now live in Torbay & work in London?)
My Cars: Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club (quietly sleeping in a parallel universe)
'05 (yes, really) C15
'96 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the "donor"
'99 Jeep Cherokee Orvis - the green one
'97 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the red one
'99 Cadillac Seville STS
'96 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
& numerous what might be described as abandoned projects!

Post by van ordinaire » 21 May 2017, 01:23

Jim, have you ever thought of writing a lifestyle book, to help extricate, or at least save, others from the fate you, apparently, narrowly escaped? Or, ironically, might that be too stressful?
Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club :cry:
'05 C15 :!:
'96 Jeep Cherokee - the "donor" :(
'99 Cherokee - the green one [-o<
'97 Cherokee - the red one :?
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
'99 Cadillac STS :|
& the numerous "abandoned projects" #-o

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 21 May 2017, 05:34

van ordinaire wrote:Jim, have you ever thought of writing a lifestyle book, to help extricate, or at least save, others from the fate you, apparently, narrowly escaped? Or, ironically, might that be too stressful?

Van, that's a good idea and if I thought it might help others in a similar situation then that would be excellent :)

I love writing, people and communicating so no stress there, it's just a case of finding time!!!

Stickyfinger wrote:We can get your water bottles in the freezer overnight Jim....your pants however are banned

They'll never thaw out in time Alasdair! Fridge will be perfect ;)

I shall put the second bottle cage on today - later this morning in fact... Thanks for the reminder James :)
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 21 May 2017, 07:02

elma wrote:Don't forget the second water bottle and 2 cages.

Done!

bottlecages.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jim

Stickyfinger
Donor 2016
Daffodil the AX
ZX Volcane 2ltr petrol
V6.Activa donor car

Post by Stickyfinger » 21 May 2017, 07:04

One may......you do not drink both at the same time...
Alasdair

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 21 May 2017, 08:18

Stickyfinger wrote:

One may......you do not drink both at the same time...

You'd be amazed at what us cyclists can do :wink:
Jim