Citrojim's Skoda, Saxo, 207 and Bike Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

Hell Razor5543
NOT Alistair or Simon
My Cars: C5 Mk1 VTR estate, Icelandic Grey (I think she is called "Bluebird")

Re: Citrojim's Xantia Activa, 1.9TD and Bike Tales

Post by Hell Razor5543 » 19 Mar 2017, 17:02

CitroJim wrote:
Stickyfinger wrote:Ummmm.....how long to remove a rear subframe again ?

It's not as difficult as you might at first imagine Alasdair... The one growing in my garden was off it about 20 minutes...

While it may be easy to remove a rear subframe from a garden I believe Alasdair was asking how long it takes to remove one from a CAR! :lol:
0x
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX

C5 VTR HDi estate, 76518762
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!

myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: 2003 C5 2.0 HDi 110 SX 220,400

Post by myglaren » 19 Mar 2017, 17:23

Is that an organically grown subframe Jim?

:twisted:
0x

Jackie Evancho

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: An orange Skoda 120, a pretty blue Pug 207, Sally the white Saxo, a Giant TCR Bike and a Giant TCR Pro Bike.

Post by CitroJim » 19 Mar 2017, 18:18

myglaren wrote:Is that an organically grown subframe Jim?

Oh yes, no artificial stuff used here ;) Only natural stuff... In fact I need to track down the products of the rear end of a horse soon :) can't beat it!

Hell Razor5543 wrote:
CitroJim wrote:
Stickyfinger wrote:Ummmm.....how long to remove a rear subframe again ?

It's not as difficult as you might at first imagine Alasdair... The one growing in my garden was off it about 20 minutes...

While it may be easy to remove a rear subframe from a garden I believe Alasdair was asking how long it takes to remove one from a CAR! :lol:

No, honestly James, it does not take long... Disconnect a few pipes and four bolts and job done!
0x
Jim

Please note I do not accept PMs...

mickeymoon

Post by mickeymoon » 19 Mar 2017, 18:42

In my experience removing parts from a shell you are not going to use again can be made easier by enthusiastic use of a grinder , cutting pieces of shell out the way to get more access to awkward fastenings

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
0x

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: An orange Skoda 120, a pretty blue Pug 207, Sally the white Saxo, a Giant TCR Bike and a Giant TCR Pro Bike.

Post by CitroJim » 19 Mar 2017, 18:52

mickeymoon wrote:In my experience removing parts from a shell you are not going to use again can be made easier by enthusiastic use of a grinder , cutting pieces of shell out the way to get more access to awkward fastenings

Very true!

Big bolt croppers can be handy too - especially on pipes ;)
0x
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 25 Mar 2017, 18:27

Got a good bit of work done on the 207 today after an excellent parkrun in the sunshine :)

It was not warm here as despite the sun the wind was bitter :twisted:

Anyway, had the engine ECU and engine bay fusebox out and hoped to strip nthe fusebox but sadly it's pretty much a sealed unit. I tried to open it up but it is not easy or advised I believe...

I had all the fuses out and disconnected all connectors and all was lovely and shiny.

I broke all the body earth connections and the main one looked a bit corroded and a bit suspect where it bonds to the body from the battery.. I cleaned them all up and greased them...

Reassembled and despite not running since well before Christmas the engine fired up instantly and ran like a clock...

I put the Lexia (Pug Planet) on it and let it idle whilst scanning all the ECUs. The only ECU to have issues was the engine ECU which moaned about mixture regulation and the downstream oxygen sensor. It always has and has always needed these faults clearing in the past just before any MOT.

Those faults cleared and live data showed both oxygen sensors to be working happily...

The engine cut out once when I was poking around with the Lexia but I'm not sure if that was as a result of the fault or just prolonged idling after not running for so long. It instantly restarted..

Everything is woring properly now, even the central locking from the plip which had failed last time so just maybe...

Next steps is to get an MOT on it and put it on the road for a few months (give Gabriel a rest ;) and then see how it goes. If the car runs faultlessly I may offer it for sale...

If not, back to the drawing board...
0x
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 26 Mar 2017, 17:41

A busy day on the cars today...

All checked over, cleaned inside and all washed, even the Pug of Love :) She actually scrubs up fairly well...

Gabriel does too. That is her first wash in my ownership!

Activa is still a work in progress as she must look her very best for next Sunday... The polish will be coming out soon ;)

The 207 seems to be running OK and all systems are still functional. I did a proper BSI reset on her today...

Tomorrow I hope to get her checked over for an MOT...

Meanwhile, here they are all fresh just out of the bath and after a rub-down with a chamois :)

clean2070317.jpg

cleanxants0317.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0x
Jim

elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Post by elma » 26 Mar 2017, 17:48

Looking good Jim.
Your 207 is just plain weird, I hope it's gremlins are a thing of the past.
0x

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 26 Mar 2017, 17:53

elma wrote:Your 207 is just plain weird, I hope it's gremlins are a thing of the past.

MOT willing, we'll soon know James ;)

I'm really undecided what her future is now... I'm getting attached to her and I truly love her colour... That blue metallic is just heavenly...

Trouble is, due to an accident a couple of years ago, her interior is very rough which limits her value somewhat...

To make her really saleable she needs a complete new interior or one bloody good and skilled valet and I'm not sure that will do the trick...
0x
Jim

elma

Post by elma » 26 Mar 2017, 17:56

Yes I've been in that car, reminded me of a fast food outlets bins!!!
New interior should be economical enough to obtain, I'm sure you'll work your usual magic.
0x

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 26 Mar 2017, 18:05

elma wrote:Yes I've been in that car, reminded me of a fast food outlets bins!!!

:lol: Yes, I forgot you've been a passenger in her James :roll: :oops:

When I first had her I pulled two full bin bags of rubbish out of her and even today I was still finding bits of fast food detritus - some of which had gone mouldy!!!

Kids :twisted: I wonder what her bedroom is like... I can take an educated guess :lol:
0x
Jim

elma

Post by elma » 26 Mar 2017, 18:09

The moulds probably the cleanest bit, at least it's fresh.
0x

mickeymoon

Post by mickeymoon » 26 Mar 2017, 19:18

Jim, when I got the Meriva, it had been owned for 5 years by a family with 2 small kids, and never, ever cleaned inside. It was utterly disgusting. The Polish guys wouldn't do it because they said it was too dirty for them to manage without a full, expensive valet.

I got a local guy to do a full interior steam clean on it, £30 quid and it honestly came up like new, I was amazed but as you saw, it's pretty mint inside now. I got a bit of a discount so if you want me to get yours done, I'll bring it down and leave my 207 up there for brake discs :-p
0x

Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake » 26 Mar 2017, 20:05

CitroJim wrote:A busy day on the cars today...

All checked over, cleaned inside and all washed, even the Pug of Love :) She actually scrubs up fairly well...

I was about to enquire about your yellow charging cable Jim, when I realised it was a hose! I must have electric cars on the brain... :lol:

(PS when I quote your message I can't quote the images ?)
0x
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver

1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive

xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 » 27 Mar 2017, 08:03

Mandrake wrote:(PS when I quote your message I can't quote the images ?)

That is a limitation of the phpBB forum software. There may be a fix for it available in the near future.

In the meantime, you can find the link to the original image and manually insert into the quote with [img] tags.
0x