Citrojim's Skoda, Saxo, 207 and Bike Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: An orange Skoda 120, a pretty blue Pug 207, Sally the white Saxo, a Giant TCR Bike and a Giant TCR Pro Bike.

Re: Citrojim's Xantia Activa, 1.9TD and Bike Tales

Post by CitroJim » 27 Nov 2016, 08:35

Had an excellent afternoon out with James (Elma) yesterday :D He, Gabriel and I went to near Norwich to collect James' new S1 Xantia V6...

We passed by the Lotus cars factory at Hethel on the way and saw a jaw-droppingly gorgeous white Honda NSX 8-)

Gabriel ran like a clock and I was delighted to have a drive of the V6... By goodness that was lovely and it's a good 'un :) With just a bit of TLC it is going to be perfect :D

Had Gabriel not came along when she did I'd have had that V6...

That was all after I ran a most enjoyable Parkrun in the morning... Happily Gabriel did not flatten her battery this time but did steam up all her windows in protest at me returning from my run all hot and moist :lol:

A most excellent day :D
0x
Jim

Please note I do not accept PMs...

NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon » 27 Nov 2016, 23:44

CitroJim wrote:Had an excellent afternoon out with James (Elma) yesterday :D He, Gabriel and I went to near Norwich to collect James' new S1 Xantia V6...

A most excellent day :D

So, 2 FCF members of substantial standing had a day out in Norwich. A mere 41.2 miles from Brancaster :!: :!: :!:

What a photo-opportunity missed, a nice brace of Xantia's no doubt adorned with the FCF Stickers, the two FCF James, and more importantly The AA box :!: :!: :!:

I expect at least one post from each of you in the "What do you know about Norfolk thread?" as compensation for my disappointment!!

Regards Neil

I
0x
Current favourite playlist Pickled Egg JukeboxChristmas Selection

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: An orange Skoda 120, a pretty blue Pug 207, Sally the white Saxo, a Giant TCR Bike and a Giant TCR Pro Bike.

Post by CitroJim » 28 Nov 2016, 05:02

Unfortunately Neil, time was against us a little and it was strictly a go there and back in short time...

I'll be back as I like Norfolk a lot and now the A11 is dualled all the way from Barton Mills (just off the A14 junction) it is now so much easier to get there :)

Norfolk is my kind of place...
0x
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 01 Dec 2016, 18:28

I've done a bit of useful preparation work in readiness for Gabriel's planned cambelt/waterpump/coolant/oil change tomorrow. Workshop is now readied and checked I have all I need for the job.

I've popped a battery back on the 207 so that it and Gabriel can swap positions and I was pleased to see that despite not being run for weeks on end the 207 started instantly. Shame it spoilt it by having a funny on the central locking - It refused to work until I'd started and stopped the engine again!

I do not like clever multiplexed electrics :twisted:
0x
Jim

Zelandeth
Donor 2016
My Cars: 09 Peugeot 107 Verve
89 Saab 900i Auto
96 Citroen Xantia Activa
85 Sinclair C5
93 Lada Riva 1.5E Estate

Post by Zelandeth » 01 Dec 2016, 19:47

Good luck with that Jim. Give me a shout if you need an extra pair of hands for anything - though I may pop over to grab that seat if you'll be about (no intention of interrupting your workflow mind you!) as I finally seem to have found a clear bit of schedule where I'm not running around in circles chasing my own tail - or sitting in endless queues on the M1 like this afternoon...
0x
Current fleet:
09 Peugeot 107 Verve. 89 Saab 900i Auto. 1996 Citroen Xantia 2.0T Activa. 85 Sinclair C5. 93 Lada Riva 1.5EFi Estate.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 02 Dec 2016, 06:43

Do please pop over any time today Zel and generally any time this weekend and Monday... I'll be out Saturday and Sunday mornings as normal but otherwise I'll be home bar a shopping trip...

Be great to see you :D
0x
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 02 Dec 2016, 18:11

Gabriel now has a nice new cambelt, waterpump and coolant. No issues, all went very smoothly indeed. The old belt looked as if it was just about due for replacement and I now have a great deal of peace of mind now it's all done...

I'd almost forgotten that a 1.9TD is not the easiest belt to do but it is a very satisfying one to do and I’ve really enjoyed doing it especially as Zel came round this afternoon for a most enjoyable chat and lent a very much appreciated hand for those jobs where a second pair of hands makes it so much easier.

I don't know now how many XUD cambelts I've done now but enough to not need to refer to any instructions... I would guess I've done getting on for 30 over the years on a wide variety of XUD powered vehicles...

She'll get an oil and filter change tomorrow along with the fixing of a small weep from the hydraulic pump - the usual O ring issue - and then she's all good for the winter...

The 207 has objected to being brought to life - The central locking from the plip has now failed totally and the display shows an antipolloution fault :twisted:

The 207 will be my next project now Gabriel is all good and sorted... The next big jobs on Gabriel will be clutch and heater matrix but they can both wait until the spring...
1x
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 03 Dec 2016, 14:35

That's Gabriel's oil and filter changed... It was lovely to encounter a sump plug that was not done up by a Gorilla last time - ditto the oil filter :D

I've also replace the O Ring on her hydraulic pump that was causing a slight LHM weep and endangering the life of her alternator...

Hopefully she'll be happy for a few months now...

I must go and give the Activa a bit of attention before she has a big sulk in protest...
0x
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 03 Dec 2016, 14:40

At last!!! I finally have a V5C for Gabriel...

:D
0x
Jim

Stickyfinger
Donor 2016
My Cars: Citroen C5x7 Exclusive Tourer
Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Daffodil the AX
V6.Activa donor car

Post by Stickyfinger » 03 Dec 2016, 15:20

Living "On the Edge of Danger and Flicking the Finger to the Law" is over now then Jim :(
1x
Alasdair
The ACTIVA, as logical as cubed tumble-weed

http://theresearchsquad.com/

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 03 Dec 2016, 15:25

Stickyfinger wrote:Living "On the Edge of Danger and Flicking the Finger to the Law" is over now then Jim :(

Yes, I'm now known and the official keeper of Gabriel :)
0x
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 03 Dec 2016, 16:48

Just been out for a truly magical drive in my Activa :D I love that car so much...

Now I have new insurance on her with more miles allowed I can enjoy her properly again :D
0x
Jim

demag
Donor 2016
My Cars: "H" Citroen Bx Tgs Automatic.
2004 Citroen C5 Exclusive Estate 2.2 hdi Automatic.

Post by demag » 03 Dec 2016, 19:09

The automatic gearbox sump plug on the Bx has chisel marks on it and seized solid. Frightening. I changed the fluid by undoing the large fixing nut on the bottom of the filler tube.

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk
0x
Dave

'04 C5 auto estate 2.2 hdi.
Bx 1.6 TGS Auto 50k A rare beast by all accounts. A bit tired but getting better by the day.
'96 XM 2.5TD VSX.......Sadly sold. What an idiot! I should have held on to that.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 03 Dec 2016, 19:38

There's just no excise for that kind of butchery is there Dave? :evil: Mind you, from the witness marks on Gabriel's sump plug it looks like someone had a fair tussle with it back along... I have a lot to thank Zel for there :D

Zel was telling he how tight the old glowplugs were yesterday...
0x
Jim

demag
Donor 2016
My Cars: "H" Citroen Bx Tgs Automatic.
2004 Citroen C5 Exclusive Estate 2.2 hdi Automatic.

Post by demag » 03 Dec 2016, 19:48

Luckily the Synergie has started fine in the cold weather so hopefully the glowplugs will last a while.

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk
0x
Dave

'04 C5 auto estate 2.2 hdi.
Bx 1.6 TGS Auto 50k A rare beast by all accounts. A bit tired but getting better by the day.
'96 XM 2.5TD VSX.......Sadly sold. What an idiot! I should have held on to that.