Citrojim's Skoda, Saxo, 207 and Bike Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

demag
Donor 2016
My Cars: "H" Citroen Bx Tgs Automatic.
2004 Citroen C5 Exclusive Estate 2.2 hdi Automatic.

Re: Citrojim's Xantia Activa, 1.9TD and Bike Tales

Post by demag » 15 Nov 2016, 11:16

Yes me as well Jim but can you imagine how many books would fit in the Synergie!

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk
0x
Dave

'04 C5 auto estate 2.2 hdi.
Bx 1.6 TGS Auto 50k A rare beast by all accounts. A bit tired but getting better by the day.
'96 XM 2.5TD VSX.......Sadly sold. What an idiot! I should have held on to that.

Gibbo2286
My Cars: 2004 C5 2.0 litre HDI

Post by Gibbo2286 » 15 Nov 2016, 11:22

Might be of interest to the bikers, toolstation.co.uk have a competition running with a superbike as first prize.
0x

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: An orange Skoda 120, a pretty blue Pug 207, Sally the white Saxo, a Giant TCR Bike and a Giant TCR Pro Bike.

Post by CitroJim » 15 Nov 2016, 11:22

demag wrote:Yes me as well Jim but can you imagine how many books would fit in the Synergie!

Gosh yes! A whole library I reckon...

I guess we both best keep away then...

Stickyfinger wrote:naaa, go to Glastonbury and rock you brain cells out or go to the Sidmouth Folk Festival and kill them off with Cider......this reading thing is overrated.

You trying to kill me Alasdair? :lol:
0x
Jim

Please note I do not accept PMs...

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: An orange Skoda 120, a pretty blue Pug 207, Sally the white Saxo, a Giant TCR Bike and a Giant TCR Pro Bike.

Post by CitroJim » 17 Nov 2016, 08:05

Just renewed my Activa insurance... LV did me a MUCH better deal than Adrian Flux could...

I now have almost everything with LV now, house and both of my Xantias... Shame they don't do suitable bike insurance...

Just got to do the girl’s insurances now. Despite my declaration that last year was the very last year I'd pay their insurance I seem to be doing it again... I've been telling them this is the last year I'll pay now for the past three years :lol: This year REALLY is the last...

Currently they’re with Admiral and for both of them, LV have to beat a quote of just over £900... I'm sure they will ;)
0x
Jim

demag
Donor 2016

Post by demag » 17 Nov 2016, 17:15

Soft touch Jim. But aren't we all for the kids. :-)

0x
Dave

Bx 1.6 TGS Auto 50k A rare beast by all accounts. A bit tired but getting better by the day.
'96 XM 2.5TD VSX.......Sadly sold. What an idiot! I should have held on to that.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 17 Nov 2016, 17:40

demag wrote:Soft touch Jim. But aren't we all for the kids. :-)

We are, it's what being a dad is all about Dave...

I can safely say my girls really do have me wrapped around their little finger but against that they never expect, demand or otherwise take the mick when they might so easily...

Robyn, my eldest, has just handed in her dissertation at the end of her University career getting herself a nursing degree. She already has a nursing job in our local hospital lined up :D

Sian, my youngest, graduated this year with a first and will shortly be starting a job in the Dip Service. I can see her as a future Ambassador...

I'm immensely proud of them both :D
1x
Jim

demag
Donor 2016

Post by demag » 17 Nov 2016, 17:42

Good for you Jim. :-)

0x
Dave

mickeymoon

Re: RE: Re: Citrojim's Xantia Activa, 1.9TD and Bike Tales

Post by mickeymoon » 17 Nov 2016, 17:51

CitroJim wrote:
demag wrote:Soft touch Jim. But aren't we all for the kids. :-)

We are, it's what being a dad is all about Dave...

I can safely say my girls really do have me wrapped around their little finger but against that they never expect, demand or otherwise take the mick when they might so easily...

Robyn, my eldest, has just handed in her dissertation at the end of her University career getting herself a nursing degree. She already has a nursing job in our local hospital lined up :D

Sian, my youngest, graduated this year with a first and will shortly be starting a job in the Dip Service. I can see her as a future Ambassador...

I'm immensely proud of them both :D

Well, you can't take it with you Jim, and I can't think of better ways to spend my money than on the kids. The trick is to not let them know you think that ;)

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
1x

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re: RE: Re: Citrojim's Xantia Activa, 1.9TD and Bike Tales

Post by CitroJim » 17 Nov 2016, 18:25

mickeymoon wrote:Well, you can't take it with you Jim, and I can't think of better ways to spend my money than on the kids. The trick is to not let them know you think that ;)

Absolutely spot-on on every count there ;)

I'm just doing what my parents did for me as a youngster - the wheel has come full-circle...

Speaking of which, I'll be going down to see dad on Saturday - another chance for Gabriel to stretch her legs and speaking of stretching legs I plan to do the Southwick Parkrun (near Trowbridge) on my way down...

It's on my way and a perfect way to reactivate after a 100miles of driving...

I just hope I don't scare too many old folk when I walk into dad's nursing home wearing my running lycra :lol:
0x
Jim

Zelandeth
Donor 2016
My Cars: 09 Peugeot 107 Verve
89 Saab 900i Auto
96 Citroen Xantia Activa
85 Sinclair C5
93 Lada Riva 1.5E Estate

Post by Zelandeth » 18 Nov 2016, 15:29

Got to laugh at the DVLA (or you would cry).

Apparently they've received your V5C application Jim - as they're now badgering me to explain what's happening and for why I haven't informed them.

Will get the necessary letter sent later today - still have the last one I sent as a template...
0x
Current fleet:
09 Peugeot 107 Verve. 89 Saab 900i Auto. 87 Skoda Estelle 120LX 21st Anniversary Edition. 85 Sinclair C5. 93 Lada Riva 1.5EFi Estate.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 18 Nov 2016, 15:32

Gabriel is a bit damp under her back seats; the recent heavy rains being a good, stern test...

I did a bit of diagnosis this morning and after pulling out the back seats and trip it appears the water is getting in through a failed seam on the rear nearside wheelarch. I can see some tell-tell stains and damp but need to observe in heavy rain to be sure..

The rear seats will now stay out until the problem is resolved. They had to come out anyway as Gabriel is soon to get leather seats thanks to a find by Alasdair :D I'm much appreciative as I do rather like my leather and Gabriel is the first Xantia I've had in many years without leather...

It's manual (non-electric) leather too so just about perfect. I've not got to sod about with electrical wiring to it. No airbag issues either as Gabriel is so poverty-spec. she has no seat-side or passenger air-bags...

I'll be picking the leather up on my way back from dad's tomorrow and if time/weather permits I may well fit the fronts there and then at Alasdair's...

I checked over Gabriel today in readiness for the trip and nothing to report. All is very good :D

I also fired up the Activa and on her decent battery she started instantly. I'll take her for a run on Sunday or Monday...

I must now make for the kitchen and do some baking...
0x
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 18 Nov 2016, 15:35

Zelandeth wrote:Got to laugh at the DVLA (or you would cry).

Apparently they've received your V5C application Jim - as they're now badgering me to explain what's happening and for why I haven't informed them.

Will get the necessary letter sent later today - still have the last one I sent as a template...

That's just great Zel! You really couldn't make it up could you? :rofl2:

Sorry to cause you grief over this :twisted: :x

Still, at least we know they have my application and I hopefully can expect the V5C any day now...

What a bloody parlarva :roll:

I know something - when Robyn and I formally transfer the C1 and 207 over to each other we'll do our best to do it all on-line...

I will report on the success (or otherwise) of that in due course ;)
0x
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 19 Nov 2016, 13:47

Ran an excellent parkrun this morning. Scored a new PB. Then I found Gabriel's battery was dead and I was stuck in a muddy car park just outside Trowbridge....

Luckily, a red C5 X7 came to the rescue with jump leads :D Grateful thanks to our very own Alasdair for all your help this morning :D Next stop was Halfords in Frome to get a new battery.

Now visiting dad. I will be calling in on Alasdair in a bit to collect Gabriel's new interior :) Looking forward to a bit of leather ;)
0x
Jim

demag
Donor 2016

Post by demag » 19 Nov 2016, 15:45

Blimey you've had a busy day Jim. We've been for a run out to Essington Farm shop for some fresh veg. Whilst there I succumbed to the charms of a beautiful cottage pie.

0x
Dave

demag
Donor 2016

Post by demag » 19 Nov 2016, 17:38

Forgot to say, coming back a green XM went past the opposite way. :-)

0x
Dave