Citrojim's Activa, 207 and Bike Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

Mandrake
My Cars:

Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales

Post by Mandrake » 15 May 2016, 21:35

CitroJim wrote:I think it's all the dust and bird poo she's normally covered in that protects her Alasdair!!!

I always thought bird poo was acidic and was a major cause of holes being eaten through the clear coat on many older cars!
0 x
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver

1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive

Stickyfinger
Donor 2016
My Cars: Citroen C5x7 Exclusive Tourer
Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Daffodil the AX
V6.Activa donor car

Post by Stickyfinger » 15 May 2016, 22:06

Red car....?? what top coat ..........:)
0 x
Alasdair
The ACTIVA, as logical as cubed tumble-weed

http://theresearchsquad.com/

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: A red Xantia Activa, a pretty blue Pug 207, a Giant TCR Bike and a Giant TCR Pro Bike.

Post by CitroJim » 16 May 2016, 04:17

Mandrake wrote:
CitroJim wrote:I think it's all the dust and bird poo she's normally covered in that protects her Alasdair!!!

I always thought bird poo was acidic and was a major cause of holes being eaten through the clear coat on many older cars!

Yes it is, bird poo is lethal to paint Simon :(

Stickyfinger wrote:Red car....?? what top coat ..........:)

:lol:
0 x
Jim

Please note I do not accept PMs...

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: A red Xantia Activa, a pretty blue Pug 207, a Giant TCR Bike and a Giant TCR Pro Bike.

Post by CitroJim » 22 May 2016, 07:42

Happy to report dad is making slow progress in the right direction. He had a stroke and still can't walk and he remains in hospital. We have no idea yet if and when he will be home or what will happen in the medium term... Just have to maintain a watching brief..

He tells me being in hospital is like being in prison; he hates it :lol: I'm hoping this will spur him into recovering as well as he is able so he can be freed!

For now my weekly journeys to see him in the Activa continue. Poor Activa has not been used this much in years but she seems to be thriving on it...
2 x
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 22 May 2016, 15:48

I'm indebted to the C1(or maybe a 107) driver following me through Avebury last evening and kept flashing his/her lights at me...

Today I found a stop light out on the Activa. I also found the bulb holder to be a bit intermittent..

It's suffered this problem in the past... Gave it a very careful clean and stroked the contact fingers a little. New bulb fitted for good measure. Now seems OK... Must keep an eye on it...

Shame the Xantia has no bulb failure warning...

Also gave the Activa a good check over generally. All is good and she's all ready for another trip to Somerset on Saturday...
0 x
Jim

Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm » 22 May 2016, 17:40

I hope your dad recovers Jim, a stroke is a big blow to get back up from, i wish him a speedy recovery, and freedom :-D

D
0 x
XM Prestige 92, surgery has begun, RIP faithfull 2.0i
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 22 May 2016, 17:47

He's a fighter Dean. He'll get there... The dread of ending up in an old peoples home drives him on and has done for the past few years now! He can't stand old people...

The stroke mercifully has not touched his excellent mental faculties at all but it's left him unable to walk unassisted and almost blind...

I can see him back home in a few weeks but needing home care - something he's managed without right up until now - and this, remarkably, is his first real spell in hospital in all his 92 years! My nurse daughter tells me she regularly sees people in a lot worse condition than her granddad still living at home with the appropriate care...
0 x
Jim

Xantianut
My Cars: 2002 C5 2.0 HDi 110 SX

RIP:
1993 Xantia 1.8i LX
1989 BX16TRS
1986 BX14E x 2

Post by Xantianut » 24 May 2016, 10:30

Sending healing thoughts for you father, Jim.
1 x
C5 HDi 110 SX (Fifi 7 or Otterchops)

RIP
Citroen Xantia 1.8i LX (Fifi 6)
BX16TRS (x2) (Fifi 4 and 5)
BX19DTR (Fifi 2)
BX14E (x2) (Fifi 1 and 3)

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 24 May 2016, 12:45

Xantianut wrote:Sending healing thoughts for you father, Jim.

0 x
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 03 Jun 2016, 11:30

Not a lot to report on the car front. The Activa has been working very hard lately running up and down to Somerset each Saturday. I'm a bit dubious of its long-term ability to do this, being a 20 year old car and an Activa! I've therefore made plans to borrow a more suitable car for the task as an when needed on a swap with my C1 basis... I've used the car in the past for the job and it's good for it...

It's Robyn's 207. One of the most reliable cars I've known and not too bad at all on a journey. far more competent than the C1, that's for sure!... I also know who looks after it - me!

Dad is making good progress and he's said to be ready for discharge from hospital but he's not good enough to come home. He says he wants to move into a residential care home now.. I'll find out more tomorrow but I fully expect I'll now have to arrange a suitable home and set about putting his old bungalow to bed... The work goes on..

This is likely to be my last ever working Friday! From Monday I commence proper part-time working and will work three days per week giving me long weekends with Mondays and Fridays off - plenty of time to recover from what will continue to be very busy weekends for the foreseeable...

Davie's Activa clutch is all but finished and the car runs and drive beautifully. It always amazes me at just how light a new clutch is and this one is feather-light :D

And.. At the end of the job I have nothing at all left over., not even a washer...

In a couple of weeks I'll be off for a well-deserved holiday in France - staying with a forum member... Looking very much forward to it, especially the travel arrangements which are almost door to door by train... with a mixture of Midland Main Line, Eurostar, Paris Metro, TGV and local French... It's going to be fun... I'm taking a set of pedals and riding shoes with me so that I can hire a bike and do some cycling whilst there... Hire bikes of the calibre I want don't come with pedals - you provide your own... Sensible as pedals are a very personal thing.
1 x
Jim

Stickyfinger
Donor 2016
My Cars: Citroen C5x7 Exclusive Tourer
Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Daffodil the AX
V6.Activa donor car

Post by Stickyfinger » 03 Jun 2016, 11:46

C5 is always here for you when you start to move your Dad Jim......

Good plan on the working week allowing you that 4 day weekend....

Personal pedals....LOL, you lycrasists are a funny lot :)
0 x
Alasdair
The ACTIVA, as logical as cubed tumble-weed

http://theresearchsquad.com/

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 03 Jun 2016, 11:56

Stickyfinger wrote:C5 is always here for you when you start to move your Dad Jim......

Thanks Alasdair :D

Stickyfinger wrote:Personal pedals....LOL, you lycrasists are a funny lot :)

Never heard us called that but it's a good one :lol:
0 x
Jim

bxzx16v
My Cars: Past Frenchies , 4xBx16v,1xBxGti,1xBxTzd,2xZx Volcanes,1xZx reflex,1xPug 405mi16, 3x Xantia 1.9td's,1x Xantia activa, 2x Renault 25 V6 turbo, 1 Zx16v ,1 Pug 406 V6 coupe ,1x C8 , 1x Berlingo van , 1x Xanti 2.1td , 1x Renault Laguna 3

Post by bxzx16v » 03 Jun 2016, 16:47

Glad to hear of your dads improvement Jim , enjoy your holiday it sounds a cracker .
The wife and me have a few days booked in Whitby in a couple of weeks , it will stretch the Freelanders legs a little . Looking to go on the steam train and a trip on the old lifeboat which is real fun .

Mark
0 x
2009 Landrover Freelander 2 TD4se.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 03 Jun 2016, 17:24

Enjoy Whitby Mark :D Not sure if there's any steam trains where I'm going but if there is, I'll be going for a look-see that'll be sure..

I don't know if the French are as keen on preserved railways as we are - they seem to be more into the bleeding edge of railway technology rather than the heritage stuff I fancy...
0 x
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 04 Jun 2016, 10:44

My Activa is starting to voice her disapproval at all the hard work she's having to do now... This morning I find the front discs are warped and a wheel bearing is starting to go...

Still, a perfect excuse to uprate the front brakes to V6 spec. I have all the bits in stock...

Maybe my Activa is jealous at all the attention Davie's has been receiving!!

She can have a rest soon...
0 x
Jim