Citrojim's Activa, 207 and Bike Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: A red Xantia Activa, a pretty blue Pug 207, a Giant TCR Bike and a Giant TCR Pro Bike.

Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales

Post by CitroJim » 14 Apr 2015, 04:23

RichardW wrote:You're a better man than me Malc, I couldn't find any trace of it on service.citroen....

Malc's good on Service Citroen, a true guru!
0 x
Jim

Please note I do not accept PMs...

citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut » 14 Apr 2015, 07:45

CitroJim wrote:
RichardW wrote:You're a better man than me Malc, I couldn't find any trace of it on service.citroen....

Malc's good on Service Citroen, a true guru!

ear steady on dont come round ear swearing :yikes: :? :-D :wink:
0 x
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years

RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: '07 307 SW 1.6 HDi 110
'08 C4 Grand Picasso 1.6 HDi 110

Post by RichardW » 14 Apr 2015, 13:14

Confused? Service.citroen certainly appears to be....

The lights you have Malc must be a for a MK1 - the B4 will be the current version, which is different on the front end.

So, there are 2 front ends on the Mk1 - the one shown on your box with the small ellipse shaped pockets under the bumper insert, and one with larger squares, which I believe Jim has. The front end shown on the box appears on the bumper page as 'RANGE ACTIVITY' from the RP date on the box (11711). There is a blanking plate shown for Jim's type with a hole in for a fog light - but if you look under fog lights, they are only listed for the RANGE ACTIVITY - but the pics given there are of a sloped, handed, type which doesn't align with what you have in the box, and the inset pic of the car shows the type with the square bumper inserts. So, take your guess as to what they will fit :rofl2:

If I search on your part number it comes up under corresponding parts, but if I click on the link I just get an error page....
0 x
Richard W
Still not welding the de-cap...
1.6 HDi central (C4 Picasso / 307 SW)
Xantia HDi 110 now bean tins

xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 » 14 Apr 2015, 13:31

RichardW wrote:Confused? Service.citroen certainly appears to be....

The lights you have Malc must be a for a MK1 - the B4 will be the current version, which is different on the front end.

So, there are 2 front ends on the Mk1 - the one shown on your box with the small ellipse shaped pockets under the bumper insert, and one with larger squares, which I believe Jim has. The front end shown on the box appears on the bumper page as 'RANGE ACTIVITY' from the RP date on the box (11711). There is a blanking plate shown for Jim's type with a hole in for a fog light - but if you look under fog lights, they are only listed for the RANGE ACTIVITY - but the pics given there are of a sloped, handed, type which doesn't align with what you have in the box, and the inset pic of the car shows the type with the square bumper inserts. So, take your guess as to what they will fit :rofl2:

If I search on your part number it comes up under corresponding parts, but if I click on the link I just get an error page....

Any guesses as to how these ended up as obsolete stock? :rofl2:
0 x

citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut » 14 Apr 2015, 21:00

thanks Richard for making it as clear as bog water/mud :roll: :? :? :? #-o :-D :wink:

xantia_v6 wrote:Any guesses as to how these ended up as obsolete stock? :rofl2:

although these fogs are Citroen, my pug dealer tells me he puts items on a list after they have been on the shelf for one year, them moves them up the list till they have been there 5 years, then he flogs them of as insurance wright off,

he also recons ( although i have been told since ) that PSA in there wisdom allocate new part No.s to items and dont leave a trace of the old No.,
so if/when he looks a part up for a car/customer or the workshop he doesn't realise he has the item on the shelf/in stock, so orders it in under the new number,

although this is different to what my Citroen dealer tells me, he says PSA make it clear on of the old number against the new one
0 x
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: A red Xantia Activa, a pretty blue Pug 207, a Giant TCR Bike and a Giant TCR Pro Bike.

Post by CitroJim » 16 Apr 2015, 18:26

Had a visit the other day from the twin of my Activa.. Absolutely identical bar the lack of a sunroof on N2...

No prizes for guessing who the other one belongs to...

A clue... Both number plates have 'WFA' written on them :wink:
0 x
Jim

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike » 16 Apr 2015, 18:32

CitroJim wrote:
No prizes for guessing who the other one belongs to...

I saw this in the other place, and it was so obvious I didn't even bother asking if I was right :)

EDIT: That was after I'd had to do a double-take to check it wasn't a clever photoshop of yours wearing both those plates...
0 x

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 16 Apr 2015, 18:35

Northern_Mike wrote:EDIT: That was after I'd had to do a double-take to check it wasn't a clever photoshop of yours wearing both those plates...

Mike, I'm not clever enough to even open Pgotoshop much less do clever things with it....

Gosh, seems I can't even spell it :roll: :lol:
0 x
Jim

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike » 16 Apr 2015, 18:37

CitroJim wrote:
Northern_Mike wrote:EDIT: That was after I'd had to do a double-take to check it wasn't a clever photoshop of yours wearing both those plates...

Mike, I'm not clever enough to even open Pgotoshop much less do clever things with it....

Gosh, seems I can't even spell it :roll: :lol:

Anyway, thinking about it, I'd have thought you'd use that other Photo-editing software that's free with Linux, that I'm not going to type the name of, because it'll get Malcolm going again :rofl2:
0 x

myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: 2003 C5 2.0 HDi 110 SX 219,600

Post by myglaren » 16 Apr 2015, 18:38

:rofl2:
0 x

Jackie Evancho

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 16 Apr 2015, 18:41

Northern_Mike wrote:Anyway, thinking about it, I'd have thought you'd use that other Photo-editing software that's free with Linux, that I'm not going to type the name of, because it'll get Malcolm going again :rofl2:

Gosh, no way.. Took one look at it and decided it was far too clever for me Mike... I failed even to grasp the very basics.. I'm sure it's excellent but definitely not for the likes of me...

I use a very simple one called 'Pinta' Works a treat for what I need to do... :-D
0 x
Jim

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike » 16 Apr 2015, 18:42

CitroJim wrote:
Northern_Mike wrote:Anyway, thinking about it, I'd have thought you'd use that other Photo-editing software that's free with Linux, that I'm not going to type the name of, because it'll get Malcolm going again :rofl2:

Gosh, no way.. Took one look at it and decided it was far too clever for me Mike... I failed even to grasp the very basics.. I'm sure it's excellent but definitely not for the likes of me...

I use a very simple one called 'Pinta' Works a treat for what I need to do... :-D

I'm with you on all of that Jim, I can make computers, servers, routers etc work, but I'm not that good at actually using the damn things, much to everyone's surprise!
0 x

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 16 Apr 2015, 18:47

I know exactly Mike, I can barely use Word and Excel. It's common in the likes of us... I'd say it was normal...
0 x
Jim

myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: 2003 C5 2.0 HDi 110 SX 219,600

Post by myglaren » 16 Apr 2015, 18:52

I have had to resort to The Gimp to print wedding photo's fro an album for my eldest son and daughter in law.
Taking absolutely ages as I am really just groping around in the dark, as it were.
I'm a former printer/darkroom technician so it should be simple :(
0 x

Jackie Evancho

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 16 Apr 2015, 18:56

Steve :twisted: You've said it [-X Malcolm will be twitching by now :lol:
0 x
Jim