Citrojim's Ka, Saxo and Bike Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales

Post by CitroJim » 12 Apr 2015, 06:53

Yesterday was quite a day :-D It started off with a very brief meet-up with Northern Mike at an M4 Service area to deliver a TCT throttle body for Juliso and then off to deepest Somerset to see Dad and amongst many other needed tasks, get his garden in order... It was looking a bit jungly...

Time was always very much at a premium all day, which was why I flew off so quickly Mike and why I planned only a quick visit to you Sticky! I has ti be back in MK at 6PM at the very latest and not leaving Frome until 3:15 was pushing it a bit...

As it happened, the combination of Activa, clear roads and a good run between Chippenham and the A34 on the M4 saw me back in MK at 5:45 :-D

Good effort and not one speed limit exceeded anywhere... Except for the odd accidental excursions north of 80mph on the M4...

A good day... :-D I so love my Activa :-D

Stickyfinger
Donor 2016

Post by Stickyfinger » 12 Apr 2015, 08:00

Was a top job meeting up after all this time...it still took me buying two Activa's and a V6 to convince you I was serious :)

Glad you like the set up here and the Car. Ebay this winter has been of quite a benefit for a few bits :)

Cheers so much for the help on the problems I have with it, it was a relief to hear you list the methods/tricks to resolve them for the MOT/V5 process shortly to come.
I am so pleased with the condition in particular, thanks for helping to banish "the nagging" worry the inexperienced have about their decisions and judgments.

With those areas addressed I should have it on the road very soon so I will have to bring it along to a couple of shows.....if for nothing else to steal your badge :)

Going to do the "visit" to the dealers tomorrow for a collection of seals etc for the two jobs we talked about. Sphere seals and ? what ones will I need for the ram job ? (just in case I have to take it off totally)

Your lucky I did not mug you for your tail badge :), ...open door mate, any time
Last edited by Stickyfinger on 12 Apr 2015, 08:08, edited 1 time in total.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 12 Apr 2015, 08:07

Stickyfinger wrote: Your lucky I did not mug you for your tail badge :)
I shall make a point of making sure it's still there after my next visit Sticky :lol: :lol: :lol:

In fact I'm very much looking forward to the next visit!

There was once a mob on the 'bay doing repros of that badge but it was some while back now. Might be worth a search though...

Stickyfinger
Donor 2016

Post by Stickyfinger » 12 Apr 2015, 08:09

CitroJim wrote:There was once a mob on the 'bay doing repros of that badge but it was some while back now. Might be worth a search though...
Yep looked at that/tried to find...no luck

citronut

Post by citronut » 12 Apr 2015, 08:46

CitroJim wrote:Malcolm, we need to check if they'll fit mine as mine is a very late model and they're different at the front..

Can I PM you my VIM Number to check?
of course you can hunny, although S/C showed them as to only fit C1 in an all families search, and did not come up as to fit C1 MK2,,

just post the last 8 digits on here or is there some sort of security risk in doing this,

even if they do not fit your car i can pm. you your cars birth certificate,

aren't you registered on S/C then hun??????

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 12 Apr 2015, 11:14

Malcolm, VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

I am on SC but I'm not able to use it as fluently as you Sir!

citronut

Post by citronut » 12 Apr 2015, 11:52

CitroJim wrote:
I am on SC but I'm not able to use it as fluently as you Sir!
:shock: :roll: #-o :-D :wink:

i have sent you a pm. with your cars birth certificate,

but i cant find for sure if the fog light kit i have will fit your car,

the only C1's that show under C1 are C1 and C1(B4),

and your seems to come under C1 and not the (B4)

here is a screen shot of what comes up on a search with the part No. for the kit i have, so i would assume the shape of the C1 is the style this kit fits,
does your look like in the screen shot

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qsuvmksuxvbb6 ... 0.png?dl=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 12 Apr 2015, 14:08

citronut wrote:
here is a screen shot of what comes up on a search with the part No. for the kit i have, so i would assume the shape of the C1 is the style this kit fits,
No, sadly not Malcolm :( That's the model before mine, the one before DRLs were introduced on them...

So, sadly not good for mine :(

citronut

Post by citronut » 12 Apr 2015, 14:19

CitroJim wrote:
citronut wrote:
No, sadly not Malcolm :( That's the model before mine, the one before DRLs were introduced on them...

So, sadly not good for mine :(
the other way to double check would be aim that part No. at your local stealer and ask if they fit your car,

unless RichardW can confirm as i sent him a pm. asking him, as he seems to know his way round SC better than i

citronut

Post by citronut » 12 Apr 2015, 14:32

here is a screen shot link of the MK1 C1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ee32qtsmekwrj ... 3.png?dl=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

this is the only one listed under C1 and that shot shows DRL's

and this is the type for the C1 (B4)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q3wn2hxk5roo4 ... 6.png?dl=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

when i go to my workshop later i will unwrap one from my kit to see what shape these ones are
Last edited by citronut on 12 Apr 2015, 14:37, edited 1 time in total.

citronut

Post by citronut » 12 Apr 2015, 14:36

it also lists DRL's for both thes C1 and C1 (B4)

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 12 Apr 2015, 16:07

Stickyfinger wrote:How were the eggs ? :)
Bloody gorgeous!!! :-D 8-)

I've not seen such deep yellow yolks for years...

Just made a cheese and onion quiche with them.. Later I shall make a batch of custard..

They won't be around for long..

Lovely pretty blue shells too.. As I said yesterday I've never seen blue chickens eggs before, hence thinking they were duck eggs...

Can I place a regular order please?

Stickyfinger
Donor 2016

Post by Stickyfinger » 12 Apr 2015, 16:19

some will be waiting for your next visit....Its the thickness of the shell that surprised me....shows a healthy chicken apparently...compare to supermarket paper thin shells....makes you wonder what we eat .

I ate a chicken last year................roasted lovely but I felt very guilty....but full :)

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 12 Apr 2015, 16:38

Stickyfinger wrote:Its the thickness of the shell that surprised me....shows a healthy chicken apparently...
I found that, firstly one rolled across the worktop and dropped into the sink without a crack and then I nearly broke a Pyrex bowl when I went to crack them into it.. I was tempted to go and got a cold chisel out of the workshop...

I agree about what we eat.. I have never felt so well since I started cooking everything I eat from scratch... I'm sure not eating anything processed has made a lot of difference to me... I even bake my own bread...

Meat and eggs are normally procured from our local butcher... Wish we had a local fishmonger...

Today I have baked a loaf of bread, cooked a fish bake (fish pie), stewed a batch of home-grown rhubarb and baked the aforementioned quiche... It takes a time but the results are 100% worth it...

Only very occasionally do I eat out and that's normally at Wagamama (Japanese) or sushi - I adore raw fish...

There is a Vietnamese restaurant in MK I rather like and a Caribbean one but those are for very special occasions only...
Stickyfinger wrote:I ate a chicken last year................roasted lovely but I felt very guilty....but full :)
I just couldn't do that... It would be like eating an old friend....

Stickyfinger
Donor 2016

Post by Stickyfinger » 12 Apr 2015, 16:45

old friends taste nice :)....a country boy...red in both tooth and claw...anyway, she stopped laying. These Cream Legbars are good, getting three eggs a day on average from 4 chooks...and they are 18 months now so a good year to go. Happy birds who have a free run as you see.

Mark up the hill and I had to go out the other night as next door lost one of their birds to a fox. There are hundreds about and hungry at the moment due to so many, we have about x10-15 in a Sq-mile, too many and soon they will get mange if they are not culled....and that is horrid and = very sad/painful/starve/death. Like Myxomatosis on Rabbits, horrid to see them suffer so much.

Three "Eco Warriors" from Bristol were caught the other night releasing Town Foxes into the country....bloody idiots don't know about Mange and that the town fox does not know how to feed itself in the wild...fools would try and cuddle a Badger.

Anyway, there are three less here now and after tonight I would hope anther 2 or three will go..

sorry ...slow at editing/posting
Last edited by Stickyfinger on 12 Apr 2015, 17:01, edited 2 times in total.