Citrojim's Ka, Saxo and Bike Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Sally the white Saxo, Pixie the Sliver Pixo, a Giant TCR Bike, Giant TCR Pro Bike and a Giant gravel/adventure bike.

Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales

Post by CitroJim » 11 Mar 2015, 06:31

Chris570 wrote:It has a feature that means I never have to change the lhm. It's got the cleanest lhm you've ever seen...

:rofl2:

It works too!
Jim

I am no longer active on this forum but please feel free to follow me on Facebook and Strava :)

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Sally the white Saxo, Pixie the Sliver Pixo, a Giant TCR Bike, Giant TCR Pro Bike and a Giant gravel/adventure bike.

Post by CitroJim » 12 Mar 2015, 12:51

Just bought a new vehicle...

Discs all round, hydraulic suspension, 27 gears with paddle-shift....

One of these....

I'm bloody astounded at how they've come on since the last time I piloted one about 15 years ago.... A world apart...

I was immediately at home on it despite the time since I last rode one...

It flies and not only that I astounded myself at just how fit I am these days.. On the flat I ran out of gears but the bike shop says I can change the ratios it when I wear out the present set of gears and chain...

All my work on a cross-trainer and static exercise bike has really paid off :-D

I'm going to enjoy it immensely this summer...
Jim

I am no longer active on this forum but please feel free to follow me on Facebook and Strava :)

Hell Razor5543
NOT Alistair or Simon
My Cars: C5 Mk1 VTR estate, Icelandic Grey (I think she is called "Bluebird")

Post by Hell Razor5543 » 12 Mar 2015, 12:56

Now what you do is to build a secure framework, that the bicycle can fit into, so that you can have a cycle ride indoors during the pouring rain. To provide the resistance needed you have a decent alternator and batteries that need charging.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX

C5 VTR HDi estate, 76518762
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 12 Mar 2015, 13:03

James, I already have a decent static exercise bike.... I run out of gears on that one too... The resistance wheel is wound all the way up to 11 and I need more...

I like the idea of an alternator on the end of it though... Perhaps I could sell excess energy back to the National Grid and slash the cost of my electricity bill...

Seriously, it'll be good to ride and get the exercise the static one gives me whilst enjoying a bit of varying scenery... Looking at the same four walls of a conservatory looses its appeal after a while...
Jim

Hell Razor5543
NOT Alistair or Simon
My Cars: C5 Mk1 VTR estate, Icelandic Grey (I think she is called "Bluebird")

Post by Hell Razor5543 » 12 Mar 2015, 13:08

Well, if the V6 power take off doesn't take off you could always set something up to allow you to do some blending (and other cookery related machinery) while keeping in good shape!
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX

C5 VTR HDi estate, 76518762
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 12 Mar 2015, 18:19

I've given the bike a good running in today... Just done a 10 mile round-trip in addition to a few miles of getting used to it...

I'm glad I specified a more comfy saddle though...

The bike is seriously good... I didn't immediately realise the disc brakes on it are hydraulic :shock:
Jim

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike » 12 Mar 2015, 18:35

I must come up and go for a ride with you one day Jim. I could do with the change of scenery..

Vorsprung berk Technik

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 12 Mar 2015, 18:42

The_Hairdresser wrote:I must come up and go for a ride with you one day Jim. I could do with the change of scenery..

Please do Mike, Milton Keynes is a biking paradise with its extensive Redway network. You never need to go near a road on a bike at all and there is some breathtakingly lovely linear parks in the city...

I cycled to Willen lake this afternoon and did a full circuit of both the North and South Lakes...

Here's a picture to whet your appetite, showing the top of the North Lake and the Peace Pagoda...

There are many other places just as lovely or even lovelier all over Milton Keynes, mostly hidden away and only reachable on foot or bike...
Jim

Fake Concern
My Cars:

Post by Fake Concern » 12 Mar 2015, 19:01

I like the look of that bike! The scenery is pretty good for a ride too. I got back into cycling last year after a 5 year lay off.
Fake Concern, Citroen C4 VTS 2007
Mrs Concern, Renault Moodus 1.6 Privilege 2004
Ms Concern No1, Pug 207 1.4 2008
Ms Concern No2, Renault Clio 1.2 Dynamique 2002

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 12 Mar 2015, 19:03

Fake Concern wrote:I got back into cycling last year after a 5 year lay off.

It's been more like 15 for me!!!

Unless you count static exercise bikes....
Jim

citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut » 12 Mar 2015, 19:21

how do you reach the pedals with that saddle so high :yikes: or have you fitted a washing machine motor to drive the pedals
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 14 Mar 2015, 18:55

citronut wrote:how do you reach the pedals with that saddle so high :yikes: or have you fitted a washing machine motor to drive the pedals

That's not my actual bike Malcolm but admittedly my saddle is high - I have long legs...

Went for another 10 mile trip on it around the cycleways and discovers a real gem by the old Wolverton Railway Works... A secret garden...

As it's name suggests, it is hidden from all but canal users, cyclists and walkers..

My bike don't half go.. Cruises at 20mph easy...

Riding along shared -use paths I'm shocked at just how welcome we bikers seem to be by pedestrians and dog walkers :( About as welcome as a dose of 'flu and we also seem to be invisible with inaudible bells...

We appear to be pariahs for some reason... Can anyone explain why please as I'm mystified...

Been down to Somerset today to see dad in the Activa... A lovely trip in a lovely car.. It goes ever so well with the MBC and I just know it's going to be so lovely with a V6 in it...

I've definitely made the right decision both to keep the Activa and to V6 it..

Looks like I have a gearbox for the V6 conversion....
Jim

DHallworth
Donor 2016
My Cars:

Post by DHallworth » 14 Mar 2015, 23:41

CitroJim wrote:Looks like I have a gearbox for the V6 conversion....

Fantastic news!! :)
'88 CX GTi Turbo 2 :-D
'91 XM V6 24v Manual
'98 Xantia Activa V6 :-D
'00 XM V6 Exclusive
'10 C5 3.0 HDi Exclusive
'10 407 Coupé 3.0 HDi

citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut » 15 Mar 2015, 10:27

CitroJim wrote:
My bike don't half go.. Cruises at 20mph easy...

and with your physique that was up the steepest road you could find and a strong head wind :yikes: :-D :wink:
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 15 Mar 2015, 12:13

Steepest hill round here is a mole hill :twisted:
Jim