Citrojim's Saxo and Cycling Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker

Post by addo »

That's good; I was more than a bit concerned for you.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re:

Post by CitroJim »

addo wrote:That's good; I was more than a bit concerned for you.
I was too Adam. Whatever it was made me feel proper crook for longer than I'd expected and I think it was just all down to loosing the fingernail somewhat prematurely and the surprising resultant trauma...

It really was true that a new day has dawned today, just come back from a couple of Kms lunchtime walk on a very windy autumnal day...

:-D

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re: Citrojim's Xantia, C1 and XM Tales

Post by CitroJim »

Christmas is coming :evil:

I have just put my 2014 Christmas cake in the oven. A place it'll be for the next four hours at least.. :-D

Between now and the day it'll be regularly given a tot of brandy and then just before, covered in marzipan and iced with Royal Icing 8-)

The cake (and cooking Christmas dinner) is the only bit I enjoy..

I've not decided what I'll cook for Christmas dinner but it won't be traditional and there'll not be a sprout or turkey in sight. I dislike both almost as much as I do Christmas :twisted:

Any ideas for a special Christmas dinner will be much appreciated :wink:

There's also an invite for anyone on their tod who would like to keep Val and I company on the day...

Hell Razor5543
NOT Alistair or Simon

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Last year my cousin Bob did a roast beef (and he went to town on the beef!) with all the trimmings. The only bits that were Christmas related was Brussels Sprouts with bacon lard-ons, and a Waitrose 'Hidden Orange' Christmas pudding.

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker

Post by addo »

Not really doing Christmas, I either sleep in or go for a drive/picnic away from the crowds. Used to go with a mate until he remarried.

For alternative festive fare, I'd suggest Mediterranean/Middle eastern of your selection. Think Greek salad, falafel, hommous and tzatziki, gazpacho, bruschetta, pide, dolmades, antipasto, and to bring it back home, some carefully home-cooked chips and non-fried fish (say, maybe shop-bought smoked salmon or something like salmon or trout in foil with a Thai lemongrass and chili sauce, barbecued on a hibachi or Weber).

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

We had Thai one year Jim. Might be right up your street. Pretty healthy, light and something new to learn how to do.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Beef and anything lardy is out too James...

It has to be low fat and largely vegetarian.... :wink:

Most of my cooking only has a hint of meat. I buy more eggs from the butchers than I do meat :lol: :roll:

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Adam, Mike,

Both of those fit the bill a treat for me :-D I have to temper it a bit on Val's account. She's a bit traditional.. If it was just me I'd be looking at sushi...

Hell Razor5543
NOT Alistair or Simon

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Well, breakfast on Christmas Day was smoked salmon (from Springs) with black pepper and lemons.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Hell Razor5543 wrote:Well, breakfast on Christmas Day was smoked salmon (from Springs) with black pepper and lemons.
Now that's very appealing James... I love smoked salmon :P

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker

Post by addo »

My suggestions were basically kosher, so if Xac dropped in for a feed it would be suitable. :)

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker

Post by addo »

northern_mike wrote:We had Thai one year ...something new to learn how to do.
It's the predominant variety of restaurant food here, I'm in suburbia yet there's a Thai joint only a quarter mile away.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re:

Post by CitroJim »

addo wrote:My suggestions were basically kosher, so if Xac dropped in for a feed it would be suitable. :)
As long as it has no fruit in it he'll be happy :lol: :roll: He's refused my home-baked scones and flapjacks in the past due to the presence of raisins and other dried fruits....

He often manages to find a bit of flapjack that's somehow escaped the fruit though...

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

CitroJim wrote: He's refused my home-baked scones and flapjacks in the past
What a peculiar thing to do! Fruit or not, they're lovely.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

northern_mike wrote:
CitroJim wrote: He's refused my home-baked scones and flapjacks in the past
What a peculiar thing to do! Fruit or not, they're lovely.
Everybody has their likes and dislikes Mike...

I'd do the same if I was offered a pork chop for instance. I can't eat any meat that bears any evidence (even slight) it was once part of a living creature...

Maybe Xac feels the same about fruit. After all they were once living...

The cake is out of the oven and both smells and looks gorgeous :-D

It'll have it's first drink of brandy later before being wrapped in foil, put in a tin and sent to the preserve store (aka spare bedroom) to mature for a couple of months...

It can keep all my home-made jam and marmalade company...