Citrojim's Ka, Saxo and Bike Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

Mandrake

Re: Citrojim's Xantia, C1 and XM Tales

Post by Mandrake » 06 Oct 2014, 15:48

Jim,

Did you ever get a good replacement set of Bosch spark plugs for your V6 and have time to fit them yet ? If so hows it running ?

Do you still have the same improvement in pep that you saw the first time you changed the plugs ? :)

One of the first jobs I want to get done on mine when it's garaged is new spark plugs and spark plug leads...

Mandrake

Post by Mandrake » 06 Oct 2014, 16:34

CitroJim wrote: Just found a V6 backbox on the 'bay. There's still six left.

That save me buying yet another complete system when I already have two spare centre sections...
You're a star Jim, I've just ordered one :) For £42 including shipping you can't go wrong.

I don't want to change the centre silencer on mine or disturb the joint to the cat, so no point buying the whole polish one for £80 like last time. It does look to be of very similar construction though.

I'm hoping to swap just the rear muffler over as a stop gap measure and maybe get the original muffler repaired - it's blowing at the seam slightly but otherwise might be salvageable so I can get the original OEM (lack of) sound back - seems a shame to bin the original muffler entirely when its OEM...

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 06 Oct 2014, 17:21

Mandrake wrote: You're a star Jim, I've just ordered one :) For £42 including shipping you can't go wrong.
Absolutely right Simon.. The temptation to buy two was very strong...
Mandrake wrote: Did you ever get a good replacement set of Bosch spark plugs for your V6 and have time to fit them yet ? If so hows it running ?
I've got them here but I've not had any opportunity to swap them yet Simon. I've either been busy with other things or I've been in no fit state to do it due to injury :(

All I can say is she's still running absolutely beautifully :-D

Mandrake

Post by Mandrake » 07 Oct 2014, 12:06

Excellent. :)

I'm eager to get the spark plugs and leads replaced on mine as there is a minor intermittent misfire at idle that comes and goes and a couple of times since I've had it it has been noticeably down on power and come right immediately when I wiggled the dodgy spark plug leads and their broken plastic guide...

I reckon those spark plug leads are originals and although the mileage is low the rubber has probably perished from age. I just wish I could source a new spark plug lead guide - I don't like the idea of trying to glue the old one - and it's literally been snapped in half but some ham handed clutz... :roll:

KP

Post by KP » 07 Oct 2014, 12:56

Simon take it off and araldite it together and then use some very small dabs of silicone to stick it down to the manifold and then it allows some flex but also allow easy removal :)

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 07 Oct 2014, 13:45

The problem with ABS Will is sticking it. Few (if any glues) will..

Richard, in your wanted thread for this, has the answer Simon...

KP

Post by KP » 07 Oct 2014, 14:25

That's the thing, silicone gets stuck to anything but also allows flex :)

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 07 Oct 2014, 15:19

KP wrote:That's the thing, silicone gets stuck to anything but also allows flex :)
I know it sticks to my fingers rather well :rofl2:

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 09 Oct 2014, 08:20

I am a happy bunny :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

I was able to do all my normal workout this morning for the first time in nearly a week :-D

Namely 3.5Km on the cross trainer in 10 minutes with the resistance set at max, 30 minutes of intense karate training and most importantly of all, 30 minutes of swimming...

Plus the brisk walk to the pool and back.. It was a lovely walk too. The full moon early this morning was spectacular..

May the day continue in similar vein...

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker

Post by addo » 09 Oct 2014, 12:18

That's good; I was more than a bit concerned for you.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re:

Post by CitroJim » 09 Oct 2014, 13:24

addo wrote:That's good; I was more than a bit concerned for you.
I was too Adam. Whatever it was made me feel proper crook for longer than I'd expected and I think it was just all down to loosing the fingernail somewhat prematurely and the surprising resultant trauma...

It really was true that a new day has dawned today, just come back from a couple of Kms lunchtime walk on a very windy autumnal day...

:-D

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 15 Oct 2014, 12:47

Christmas is coming :evil:

I have just put my 2014 Christmas cake in the oven. A place it'll be for the next four hours at least.. :-D

Between now and the day it'll be regularly given a tot of brandy and then just before, covered in marzipan and iced with Royal Icing 8-)

The cake (and cooking Christmas dinner) is the only bit I enjoy..

I've not decided what I'll cook for Christmas dinner but it won't be traditional and there'll not be a sprout or turkey in sight. I dislike both almost as much as I do Christmas :twisted:

Any ideas for a special Christmas dinner will be much appreciated :wink:

There's also an invite for anyone on their tod who would like to keep Val and I company on the day...

Hell Razor5543
NOT Alistair or Simon

Post by Hell Razor5543 » 15 Oct 2014, 12:52

Last year my cousin Bob did a roast beef (and he went to town on the beef!) with all the trimmings. The only bits that were Christmas related was Brussels Sprouts with bacon lard-ons, and a Waitrose 'Hidden Orange' Christmas pudding.

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker

Post by addo » 15 Oct 2014, 13:01

Not really doing Christmas, I either sleep in or go for a drive/picnic away from the crowds. Used to go with a mate until he remarried.

For alternative festive fare, I'd suggest Mediterranean/Middle eastern of your selection. Think Greek salad, falafel, hommous and tzatziki, gazpacho, bruschetta, pide, dolmades, antipasto, and to bring it back home, some carefully home-cooked chips and non-fried fish (say, maybe shop-bought smoked salmon or something like salmon or trout in foil with a Thai lemongrass and chili sauce, barbecued on a hibachi or Weber).

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike » 15 Oct 2014, 13:01

We had Thai one year Jim. Might be right up your street. Pretty healthy, light and something new to learn how to do.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk