Citrojim's Activa, 207 and Bike Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

KP
My Cars:

Re: Citrojim's Xantia, C1 and XM Tales

Post by KP » 05 Oct 2014, 09:19

I'm running win 7 64bit ultimate across my machines other than my lexia laptop but the. I barely use the net on it as it's too slow for anything but lexia :)

I find the biggest thing is that it is updated every night so any security stuff is popper straight into it :) it seems pretty snappy to me and hasn't given me any major issues over the last few years :)
0 x
1996 Activa with Leather(S2!) AC & Sunroof PALLAS'd
XM 2.5td VSX Estate green 220k running Veg&stuff

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: A red Xantia Activa, a pretty blue Pug 207, a Giant TCR Bike and a Giant TCR Pro Bike.

Post by CitroJim » 05 Oct 2014, 09:24

citronut wrote:
CitroJim wrote:That really sounds like a cookie problem Malcolm.

shirley this would cause the same issue on this/FCF site alike wouldn't-*i*t ?????

Not necessarily Malcolm as cookies are handled slightly differently here on the FCF...

I'm building the new forum PPE/DEV Server here at the moment and will run some tests on it.

Can't do much else due to yet another does of non-specific lurgy and a right hand totally out of action due ongoing problems with wound that C2 inflicted on me the other week :evil:

For other reasons too the weekend so far has been a bit rotten. Hopefully today will be better [-o<

At least all the cars are OK :)
0 x
Jim

Please note I do not accept PMs...

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: A red Xantia Activa, a pretty blue Pug 207, a Giant TCR Bike and a Giant TCR Pro Bike.

Post by CitroJim » 05 Oct 2014, 09:27

KP wrote:I'm running win 7 64bit ultimate

Better than Win 8 that's for sure :twisted:

citronut wrote:im still on WIN XP professional #-o and Firefox as me browser, this being set to delete all coooookies on closing, chocolate chip an all :-D :wink:

That's fine Malcolm. Nothing fundamentally wrong with XP and FF. What version of FF are you using? Have you updated it recently?

Try not deleting your cookies and go for an automatic login each visit and see what that does...
0 x
Jim

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike » 05 Oct 2014, 09:59

Now I've got used to Win 8 I really like it. Never had a single issue with it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
0 x

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 05 Oct 2014, 10:07

northern_mike wrote:Now I've got used to Win 8 I really like it. Never had a single issue with it.

You are blessed Mike :-D

Not only have you never had a problem removing a Xantia sphere but you've also never had an issue with Win 8. You must be the only one :rofl2:

How much did Bill pay you to say that :wink: :lol:

I must admit that as Bill's mob has rolled out the 8.1 and other (numerous) patches it is getting better.

Tell me, are you using the native Internet Exploder on it? That remains one of my biggest gripes and FF on Win 8 is a must for me.
0 x
Jim

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike » 05 Oct 2014, 10:19

It's fully patched to 8.1 and I use Chrome Jim. Never had a single problem.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
0 x

KP
My Cars:

Post by KP » 05 Oct 2014, 10:39

8.1 isn't too bad but 8 and server 2012... Grrr!!!
Ill stick with me 7 for a good while yet lol
0 x

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 05 Oct 2014, 11:05

I've no experience with Chrome at all but I hear good reports about it Mike...

I'm sticking with Unbuntu at home. Does me a treat.

I use Win 7 at work and also 2K8R2 (as well as a couple of favours of 'nix). I've not looked at Server 2012 yet but from what I hear your 'Grrr!!!' seems to sum up quite succinctly the general feeling Will..

I will reserve judgement until I bump headlong into it professionally...
0 x
Jim

KP
My Cars:

Post by KP » 05 Oct 2014, 11:50

Avoid 12 and jump straight to 12r2 Jim and if you use exchange 2013 will be fun for you :D
0 x

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 05 Oct 2014, 14:30

KP wrote:Avoid 12 and jump straight to 12r2 Jim and if you use exchange 2013 will be fun for you :D

Sounds good Will and I'll pass on Exchange if you don't mind. The only mail exchanger I have to deal with is good old Postfix under 'nix and I'm quite happy for it to stay that way..

I understand 12R2 makes ever more use of PowerShell. Is that correct? If so then that's good. It's getting more 'nix-like :-D

Just found a V6 backbox on the 'bay. There's still six left.

That save me buying yet another complete system when I already have two spare centre sections...

Only problem is I have accidentally asked for it to be delivered to dad's address :twisted:

I often buy stuff for dad on the 'bay and completely forgot to check the delivery address until it was too late. No worries, it'll fit in the boot next time I go to visit him...
0 x
Jim

KP
My Cars:

Post by KP » 05 Oct 2014, 14:35

That's the one Jim, exchange only does it's decent setup and confit thru the shell as well :( annoying learning exch specific commands that used to just take a few clicks, but server isn't too bad as you can still do most of that thru rsat tools :)
0 x

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 05 Oct 2014, 14:41

In my opinion it's a real shame Microsoft didn't make as many PowerShell commands as much like their 'nix analogues as they possibly could. PS drives us 'nix people mad and we still crave grep, awk, head, tail, find and vi to be available under PS :twisted:

One day maybe...

Trouble with me is as soon as I'm in any kind of a shell I automatically go into 'nix mode and that doesn't work at all well in a Windows shell of any sort :roll: :lol:
0 x
Jim

KP
My Cars:

Post by KP » 05 Oct 2014, 14:46

With me I go into dos mode and grrr!!!

Is that exhaust a genuine old stock one then Jim?
Surely you could take some exhaust paste and a work jacket with you and do the job whislt there and then it's done and you can enjoy it on the way home ;)
0 x

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 05 Oct 2014, 14:50

KP wrote:Is that exhaust a genuine old stock one then Jim?

No, it looks like a pattern one and most likely a Polish one... Not the tell-tale splay on the tailpipes :wink:

It'll do though...

No, I'll bring it home as I like to spend as much time with dad as I can and he won't appreciate me spending some of that time under a car... The time I spend with him, having to do the journey in a day, is sparse enough as it is...
0 x
Jim

KP
My Cars:

Post by KP » 05 Oct 2014, 15:03

Ah no worries Jim and no splay is a good sign! I'd buy two if that's the case lol
0 x