Citrojim's Ka, Saxo and Bike Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

Hell Razor5543
NOT Alistair or Simon

Re: Citrojim's Xantia, C1 and XM Tales

Post by Hell Razor5543 » 17 Aug 2014, 21:40

Now all we need is for Citroen to start making these;

http://moller.com/dev/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike » 17 Aug 2014, 21:43

Hell Razor5543 wrote:Now all we need is for Citroen to start making these;

Seriously? You'd go airborne in something made by Citroen?

Hell Razor5543
NOT Alistair or Simon

Post by Hell Razor5543 » 17 Aug 2014, 21:49

northern_mike wrote:

Seriously? You'd go airborne in something made by Citroen?
With a very large parachute, but yes, why not? Could be interesting to watch (from afar!).

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 18 Aug 2014, 04:26

No James, not Citroen.... Anything that flies needs to be reliable and trustworthy... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike » 18 Aug 2014, 05:32

This is the only French plane I'd trust to stay in the air, and that's only because it's mounted on a metal post

It's a Mirage, given to the town of La Dorada in Colombia. It's all a bit weird, the locals don't like it or want it, so it's been stuck on a pole in the middle of nowhere in the middle of a road on the outskirts of town. It was a real "wtf" moment when I saw it there.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 18 Aug 2014, 08:32

northern_mike wrote:This is the only French plane I'd trust to stay in the air, and that's only because it's mounted on a metal post
That made me howl Mike :lol: :lol:

Ornaments in the middle of rounabouts are quite popular in some parts of the world. Khartoum has (or had in 1993) an excellent collection of everyting imaginable on theirs, including old planes.

We used to navigate by what was on each roundabout... 'Tirn right at the tractor, sdtraight on at the 'plane and left at the three footballs...'

Old planes often find a new career as gate guardians.

BW

Post by BW » 18 Aug 2014, 09:11

A Citroen powered aircraft was recently discussed here
http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... =2&t=47186

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 25 Aug 2014, 19:22

It's been a good and busy weekend :-D My V6 has a new expansion tank fitted. I was very economical. I drained off a litre or so of coolant to enable the tank to be changed and rather than waste it I filtered it and re-used it!

Saturday was a busy day in the kitchen as was Sunday too but the majority of Sunday was taken up with having another look at Steve's (Trainman) V6. e think we've fixed it now and for more details see Steve's blog...

Yesterday I had a Nissan 200SX gearbox arrive in my workshop to see if it will donate a longer input shaft to the RX-8 gearbox for the WFA rear wheel drive ES9 project...

It has been raining all day today so apart from cooking, swimming, karate practice and riding a fair old distance on the cross-trainer I've not done much but one major job I did manage to finish was Kev's (Red Dwarfers) Pug 605 diesel pump overhaul. It's all boxed up and awaiting despatch.

Speaking of the cross-trainer, it developed a really annoying squeak the other day so on Saturday I had it all in bits and gave it a service. It's lovely and quiet again now. I was worried the squeak might have been loud enough to wake the neighbour when I do my early morning session on it at 5AM.

Got an old friend coming to see me on Wednesday with a C2. between us we're going to fit a new cambelt and driveshaft. Should be fun.

Next weekend I'm hoping to do my V6 cambelt and hydraulic pump. the leak from the pump is getting slightly worse - it's nearly beginning to drip from the aircon compressor housing :twisted:

Hell Razor5543
NOT Alistair or Simon

Post by Hell Razor5543 » 25 Aug 2014, 19:25

CitroJim wrote:

No James, not Citroen.... Anything that flies needs to be reliable and trustworthy... :lol: :lol: :lol:
It would be reliable and trustworthy. You would be able to rely on an engine failing, and trust that it would let you down when you needed it the most! :-D

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 25 Aug 2014, 19:31

Hell Razor5543 wrote:
CitroJim wrote:

It would be reliable and trustworthy. You would be able to rely on an engine failing, and trust that it would let you down when you needed it the most! :-D
Yes, you're right! In that respect it is reliable and trustworthy! :lol: :lol:

KP

Post by KP » 25 Aug 2014, 19:43

Ahh that cambelt I got for you Jim will finally get used :D

Congrats on a very very and fulfilling weekend Jim, I know you like then like that as long as you rest up afterwards enough as we don't want you going back like you've done before :(

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 25 Aug 2014, 19:51

KP wrote:Ahh that cambelt I got for you Jim will finally get used :D
Yes, finally!
KP wrote:Congrats on a very very and fulfilling weekend Jim, I know you like then like that as long as you rest up afterwards enough as we don't want you going back like you've done before :(
Thanks Will :-D

Nope, no fear of that. I know my limits these days and all the exercise, keeping very fit and the diet of only home-cooked food really seems to have done the trick. Looking after myself takes a bit of time but it does seem to pay off.

I'm really scared now to change any of my exercise and diet regime in case it has a negative effect.

Not having any stress to worry about also helps :wink: Some stress was relieved yesterday when we found a genuine problem on Steve's car...

KP

Post by KP » 25 Aug 2014, 21:02

Stress relief is THE best form of excercise IMO Jim!

Some physical stuff does help with lifting the heavier items in PSA's catalogue mind :D

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 26 Aug 2014, 04:17

KP wrote:Stress relief is THE best form of excercise IMO Jim!
That and laughter Will and I get plenty of that!

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 27 Aug 2014, 15:12

Just finished a cambelt/waterpump/driveshaft/coolant change on a C2 VTS with the 16V TU'ish engine.

Cambelts on those are a real doddle! I always thought the 8V XU engine such as the TCT were easy but the C2 engine is even easier! Even easier than the 8V TU as the 16V has an automatic tensioner :-D

Enjoyed spannering the C2 today. A lovely little car to work on...