Citrojim's Activa, 207 and Bike Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo » 18 Jul 2014, 09:39

I'm afflicted with the "need" to consider how much a car costs me every day; some of them I am happy about the cost (whether high or low), others annoy me. It's not a deal-breaker, just one of those things I think about. Uniqueness rates high on my scale of accepting the costs.
0x

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike » 18 Jul 2014, 09:44

I agree with Addo. I've had some cars which have cost me very little to run which I have detested (306, Xantia 1.8, Jeep, Punto etc) and some that have cost a fortune but I really liked.

I generally work out how much I'll lose if I get bored and it ends up scrapped, that's the only true measure.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk
0x

Mandrake
My Cars:

Re:

Post by Mandrake » 18 Jul 2014, 10:51

addo wrote:I'm afflicted with the "need" to consider how much a car costs me every day; some of them I am happy about the cost (whether high or low), others annoy me. It's not a deal-breaker, just one of those things I think about. Uniqueness rates high on my scale of accepting the costs.

Same for me.

I'm a lot more willing to accept a bit of hassle and cost to maintain something a bit more unique and special like a good Xantia V6 - it's something that puts a big grin on my face every time I drive it too. (At least it did back when it worked properly...and I'm sure this new one will put a grin on my face when I drive it too)

On the other hand if it was something like a Xantia 1.9TD LX (or even a C1 for that matter) that started giving me a lot of grief it would go quick smart....as they're both neither that unique or special by comparison. I certainly don't get a grin on my face driving a 1.9TD :wink:
0x
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver

1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive

Northern_Mike

Re: Re: Re:

Post by Northern_Mike » 18 Jul 2014, 12:10

Mandrake wrote: I certainly don't get a grin on my face driving a 1.9TD :wink:

I disagree. Driven hard enough, you can get a grin on your face driving just about anything :-)

0x

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: A red Xantia Activa, a pretty blue Pug 207, a Giant TCR Bike and a Giant TCR Pro Bike.

Re: Re: Re:

Post by CitroJim » 18 Jul 2014, 12:44

northern_mike wrote:
Mandrake wrote: I certainly don't get a grin on my face driving a 1.9TD :wink:

I disagree.

I disagree too. My little C1 never fails to put a smile on my face... Try one Simon. You won't be disappointed I promise.

I'm frankly surprised at my C1 having that effect. I was bought to do a job; that it is fun is a big bonus for me.

My Activa does the same and there I agree that a high cost of running is more than compenasted by the pleasure. Same almost for the V6 when you want a cosset :-D
0x
Jim

Please note I do not accept PMs...

citronut
My Cars:

Re: Citrojim's Xantia, C1 and XM Tales

Post by citronut » 18 Jul 2014, 13:36

the valater next to my work shop has a brand new new style pre registered C1 in today to clean for the local Cit dealer ( Wilmoths )

this car is silver with a bright orange cloth/vinyl sun roof, door mirrors dash center fascia, multi coloured pin striped seats and B post trims :yikes: :yikes: :roll: :wink:

it realy dont look right :? :-D :wink:
0x
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo » 18 Jul 2014, 13:51

I've seen C3 Pluriels with orange interior and silver-grey outside. They were horrid enough!
0x

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike » 18 Jul 2014, 13:58

Small cars are meant to be made with questionable colours

0x

daviemck2006
Donor 2016
My Cars: 2007 peugeot 407 2.7hdi
2006 berlingo 1.9d van to be sold
1998 xantia td
1993 peugeot 205 1.6 auto

Post by daviemck2006 » 18 Jul 2014, 18:40

I was in past Citroen Glasgow today just to see a new C1. The only one there was exactly as Malcolm described and I did not think much of it. Colours all wrong, and sitting in it I thought it felt less roomy than the old model, although the salesman insisted it is slightly bigger in and out. I think they have taken away the basic ness of the old model which is what appealed to me so much. It's a small basic car, doesn't need all the fancy stuff.
0x
Peugeot 407 coupe 2.7hdi - bigpug
Berlingo 1.9d - beryl to be sold
Xantia 1.9td - gabby, amazingly good
Peugeot 205 1.6 auto - lilpug
In the family
Peugeot 107
Honda Civic type r
Skoda Fabia VRS 1.9 tdi
Audi A4 avant 1.9tdi

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: A red Xantia Activa, a pretty blue Pug 207, a Giant TCR Bike and a Giant TCR Pro Bike.

Post by CitroJim » 18 Jul 2014, 21:21

daviemck2006 wrote: I think they have taken away the basic ness of the old model which is what appealed to me so much. It's a small basic car, doesn't need all the fancy stuff.

Precisely Davie, I totally and utterly agree.
0x
Jim

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike » 18 Jul 2014, 21:25

The things every car should have are airbags, abs and aircon. That's enough for me.

0x

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 19 Jul 2014, 04:46

I don't even think aircon is an essential in a basic car Mike. How many days a year, honestly, is it needed in the UK? It's would be nice right now but windows wind down and a C1 fan on full-pelt produces plenty of thrust..

I'll agree on ABS though...

What the C1 doesn't need though is PAS. It's so light it makes the Xantia feel positively heavy!
0x
Jim

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike » 19 Jul 2014, 08:32

CitroJim wrote:I don't even think aircon is an essential in a basic car Mike. How many days a year, honestly, is it needed in the UK? It's would be nice right now but windows wind down and a C1 fan on full-pelt produces plenty of thrust.

It's not just the cooling element though is it Jim? - the "conditioning" bit is just as important. It filters a lot of crap out the air - especially pollen, which makes it invaluable to hayfever sufferers (Adriana suffers badly with it), the ability to demist an entire car pretty much instantly , and all the other benefits it brings. I'd not have a main car without it now, don't think I have had for more than 15 years now. Of course keeping the interior at a nice ambient temp also aids concentration and the ability to drive properly.I have it on pretty much constantly in the mobile greenhouse. It doesn't seem to have much effect on economy.
0x

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 19 Jul 2014, 08:43

The C1 has a pollen filter Mike :wink:

I must confess I'm not a great lover of aircon. I have to work in an air-conditioned office and I hate it. That colours my view somewhat.

I'm a natural outdoor fresh-air sort. Conditioned air is not fresh. I do not thrive indoors.

Point taken on demisting. I find that handy perhaps twice a year!
0x
Jim

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike » 19 Jul 2014, 08:47

Oddly I don't like aircon anywhere other than in the car.

It has its occasional advantages in other places... or disadvantages. Haven't quite worked out which yet :-)

In the office, at least it takes away the smell of those who have soap allergies..
0x