Citrojim's Skoda, Saxo, 207 and Bike Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers » 10 Aug 2009, 14:51

Sid_the_Squid wrote:The 'famous' A4146 hemel to Leighton buzzard road used to be a fantastic driving road, especially for bikers, until all the speed cameras were added :(

I used to do that every day and night when I worked in Staines and lived in LB.
Great bit of road, and when I was travelling it, they only had two Gatso units, so would alternate between which of the 4 boxes would be active and which would be dummies.
0x
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: An orange Skoda 120, a pretty blue Pug 207, Sally the white Saxo, a Giant TCR Bike and a Giant TCR Pro Bike.

Post by CitroJim » 15 Aug 2009, 09:18

Just been to see the doctors to discuss the results of a recent blood test...

I'm 100% fit and in very good condition for my age but...

My cholestrol is sky-high :twisted:

Onto a low fat diet will all the stuff I really enjoy, especially cheese, excluded :cry:

I did ask if there was a human version of Hydraflush to sort the problem but it seems not :roll:
0x
Jim

Please note I do not accept PMs...

jgra1
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Honda VFR800 Fix
Honda Goldwing 1500/6 old and gold

Post by jgra1 » 15 Aug 2009, 09:49

:(

shame Jim..
0x

red_dwarfers
donor 2017
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers » 15 Aug 2009, 11:47

Not good :cry:
Not much of an expert on medical issues, is this a long term diet you need to be on or is it just for a while?

CitroJim wrote:I did ask if there was a human version of Hydraflush to sort the problem but it seems not :roll:

You didn't?!
What sort of look did he give you :lol:
0x
Kev

'98 S1 Xantia 1.9 TurboD Desire 2
'97 S2 XM 2.1 TurboD Manual VSX
'81 GSA 1.3 Club
'93 Peugeot 605 2.1 TurboD Manual SRDT

Citroen Car Club G Section committee member

myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: 2003 C5 2.0 HDi 110 SX 220,400

Post by myglaren » 15 Aug 2009, 12:30

Not the best of news Jim but certainly not the worst.

I have heard that lots of oranges help to reduce the cholesterol level. Only hearsay mind you as I don't indulge in this healthy diet stuff and oranges are far too hard to peel :)

Just lay off the bacon sandwiches.
0x

Jackie Evancho

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: An orange Skoda 120, a pretty blue Pug 207, Sally the white Saxo, a Giant TCR Bike and a Giant TCR Pro Bike.

Post by CitroJim » 15 Aug 2009, 13:01

Well, he did say that I need to moderate my fat intake significantly and he singled out cheese, something I do eat a lot of, as the single worst offender. Basically, be sensible and keep an eye on fat levels. I'm being re-tested in four months and he expects to see a major improvement..

Yes, I did ask about Hydraflush as my doctor is a chatty sort and he asked what I did for relaxation. I explained how we'd cure the problem of clogged arteries in a Citroen by use of Hydraflush and asked him if there was anything like it for us people...

Oranges? That's worth a thought Steve. I wonder if it applies to all citrus fruit?

Well, I guess I'll have to keep away from the burger van at Stratford in a couple of weeks time...
0x
Jim

myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren » 15 Aug 2009, 14:45

Quite possibly Jim BUT avoid grapefruit if you are on any medication.
There are certain medicines that grapefruit neutralizes or even works against, can't remember what exactly now though.

It was my son who brought it to my attention as he saw many catering sized cans of grapefruit in the kitchen. He's a microbiologist and had heard about it through work. Just took it with a pinch of the preverbial as I wasn't medicating at the time, although I was supposed to be :shock:

Here is something

Also: Oranges & Cholesterol (among other things - clearly they need to shift some oranges, although it appears that Orange & Tangerine peel may be more effective. Don't make a very good sandwich though :roll:
0x

Jackie Evancho

Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers » 16 Aug 2009, 12:16

I hope a little bit of duck is still allowed Jim! :)
0x
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool

MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate

Post by MikeT » 16 Aug 2009, 17:26

CitroJim wrote:My cholestrol is sky-high :twisted:

So is mine but it's nothing to be concerned about IMHO. Eat the cheese you like, enjoy life, who wants to die healthy anyway, it's illegal isn't it? :lol:
0x
98 S2 Xantia Hatch 1.9TD 143K
CX 2400 GTi

KP
My Cars:

Post by KP » 17 Aug 2009, 08:09

Sorry to hear about the chelestoral Jim but the rest is surely good news :)

Try having something like an Activia yoghourt thing everyday, should keep things moving along nicely and an apple as well. I usually try pomegranite drinks when i can as they are good for you too. not the concentrate ones but the proper ones. Best buying a cheep juicer and getting into making yourself some smoothies every day or two Jim as it sure helps having those fruit points in your body as they are good anti-oxidents as well :)

Also try flora light and stuff like that for it has the good chelestoral in it so helps bring down the bad stuff :)
0x
1996 Activa with Leather(S2!) AC & Sunroof PALLAS'd
XM 2.5td VSX Estate green 220k running Veg&stuff

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 17 Aug 2009, 12:24

Thanks all for the great advice :D I'm on the Activa yogurts Will but they don't seem to help me walking around corners!

I love those Benecol Yogurt drinks. I could get hooked on those!!!

Had a great day yesterday: Took the kids to Thorpe Park :D We were there from the time the park opened until it closed 8)

It was good until I got home to a desparate messge from Dad. Mum is getting worse with her Alzheimers and dad is having a lot of difficulty coping. I've had to come down to Somerset in some rush and may be down here a few days whilst we sort out a bit of respite care for her to give dad a break and look to see what the future holds.

I was not happy on Saturday. I went to swap the wheels between the 2.1TD and V6 as the 2.1TD has new tyres on it. All would have been good if I could have actually got the wheels off the 2.1TD :twisted: The tyre place, which came highly recommended by a number of people, had done the studs up so tightly I had a trouble undoing them with a 3 foot breaker bar. The worst part was that the locking wheelnut key is shattered to smithereens after attempting to undo a one locking stud.

What were they thinking of? Those wheelstuds must be done up to about 250 ft lbs at least. It's dangerous as if I had a puncture, there would be no way a wheel could be changed either by me or a breakdown outfit. Recovery on a flatbad would be the result and all because of an incompetent operator who does not understand rattle gun torque settings or the safety implications of massively overtightening alloy wheels.

When I get back home the company is going to get a right rocket from me and a demand to remove the locking studs without wheel damage, replace the studs with new ones, repair any other damage and compensate me for a car which is now unusable :twisted: :twisted: Either that or I'll see them in court; I am that angry with them :evil: :evil:

Needless to say, that is the very last time I preset a complete car for new tyres. In future they'll just get wheels :evil:
0x
Jim

myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren » 17 Aug 2009, 18:34

A very common problem where rattle guns are in use Jim.

I always loosen mine off as soon as I get the car home as they have a natural tendency to tighten themselves up over time too.

Veg oil is one thing but I wouldn't be tempted to run an Activa on yoghurt. Might get too frisky :)
0x

Jackie Evancho

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 17 Aug 2009, 18:57

myglaren wrote:I always loosen mine off as soon as I get the car home as they have a natural tendency to tighten themselves up over time too.

I'd have needed the assistance of Godzilla to loosen mine off Steve :twisted: :lol:
0x
Jim

KP
My Cars:

Post by KP » 17 Aug 2009, 20:16

Just like me Jim i try and take the wheels on their own as much as i possibly can.

Best to hit google if you can and find foods that reduce that horrid cholestoral :-)
0x
1996 Activa with Leather(S2!) AC & Sunroof PALLAS'd
XM 2.5td VSX Estate green 220k running Veg&stuff

vince
My Cars:

Post by vince » 18 Aug 2009, 22:27

Like the "dont help me walking round" corners comment :lol:

Shame to hear about your parents Jim. My dad had it hard when my mum had cancer and he had to care for her.... That was the hardest thing he said, needing a break but then either not being able to have one, or feeling guilty about taking one.

I hate illnesses like those, its so unfair :(
0x
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...