Citrojim's Skoda, Saxo, 207 and Bike Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

Hell Razor5543
NOT Alistair or Simon
My Cars: C5 Mk1 VTR estate, Icelandic Grey (I think she is called "Bluebird")

Re: Citrojim's Xantia, C1 and XM Tales

Post by Hell Razor5543 » 06 Jul 2014, 09:25

CitroJim wrote:I missed your tale of Judo first time round James, sorry :oops: Just enjoyed reading it 8-)

Reminds me of a girl of about 8 we have in our club who can punch like an adult and she really puts some spirit itno it too!

Hell Razor5543 wrote:He then felt a tug on his jacket (sorry, I cannot remember the correct name),

The uniform is called a dogi James and normally it's shortened to gi. I don't know the Japanese for the jacket but it's a tunic in English...

And Steve, they're not jimjams :twisted: :lol: They'd be awful to sleep in :roll:

I added the Judo bit not long after the section on Mum running the Marathon. That is probably why you missed it.

I hear tell of you recently hiding behind a rake, and the rake turning around to see where you went!
0x
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX

C5 VTR HDi estate, 76518762
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!

citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut » 06 Jul 2014, 11:16

lexi wrote:Flippin' hell JIm! If you lose any more weight

he is going to hire himself out to FCF members to dangle down the back of/tight space's to do the little hard to get at jobs on Citroens :shock: :-D :lol: :rofl2: :rofl2: :wink:
0x
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: An orange Skoda 120, a pretty blue Pug 207, Sally the white Saxo, a Giant TCR Bike and a Giant TCR Pro Bike.

Post by CitroJim » 06 Jul 2014, 11:44

I already perform the role for Team WFA Malcolm...

It's when I can get behind a TCT engine to undo the exhaust manifold bolts that I'll know I'm just a bit too light in weight :lol:
0x
Jim

Please note I do not accept PMs...

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: An orange Skoda 120, a pretty blue Pug 207, Sally the white Saxo, a Giant TCR Bike and a Giant TCR Pro Bike.

Post by CitroJim » 06 Jul 2014, 15:42

Right, back on topic :) Cars...

The Activa is sorted. As anticipated it was just a sticky idle control valve and a bit of ELIT exercise via the actuator test menu has sorted it... For now..

I have a spare if need be...

PavlosV6 came round for a pre-MOT on his V6 Xantia. It was once one of mine and I'm delighted to see it still in very fine fettle and well loved and looked after :-D It's one of the very few cars that were once mine that I still know is running well or even at all. The other notable is my old HDi - Rattiva II...

MOT-wise it's OK but there's just a tadette of play detectable in each track rod end and the rear pads are getting rather low. It's good to see them wearing evenly and that shows the work I did on them a few years ago is still good. Copper grease clearly does work to keep the calipers free of corrosion..
0x
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 08 Jul 2014, 16:53

Happy to say Pavlos's V6 passed the MOT today with just an advisory for worn rear brake pads.. :-D
0x
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 08 Jul 2014, 17:22

The refurbished XM strut tops have just arrived back from KingAS. Very good they look too :D

I was amused to see he used my box and packing to return them. He must have thought my box making and packing skills were well up to scratch!

The tops are due to be fitted on Sunday...
0x
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 12 Jul 2014, 17:46

Took the little baby car to Somerset and back today :-D

It did a wonderful job. Seat is comfy and fits me perfectly. Driving position is excellent and i got out at the end with no aches or anything.

Economy was great. One the way back I've used just one 'bar' of petrol and the first bar disappeared, after a fill to the top, after 113 miles. The second bar is still alight after nearly 200 miles.

Seems to be more economical the harder you drive it. Secret is definitely to keep the engine freely revving always, never let it labour and never engage 5th until you're doing 70. Hang on to all other gears...

So different to the Activa or V6...

It cruises at 70 a treat and is really very nippy and chuckable. It's amazing what it'll see off at the lights :-D

I love my C1 even more after that trip :P
0x
Jim

daviemck2006
Donor 2016
My Cars: 2007 peugeot 407 2.7hdi
2006 berlingo 1.9d van to be sold
1998 xantia td
1993 peugeot 205 1.6 auto

Post by daviemck2006 » 12 Jul 2014, 18:53

By my counting it's doing 56.5 mpg, and that will improve as the miles get on to it. Glad your enjoying it.
0x
Peugeot 407 coupe 2.7hdi - bigpug
Berlingo 1.9d - beryl to be sold
Xantia 1.9td - gabby, amazingly good
Peugeot 205 1.6 auto - lilpug
In the family
Peugeot 107
Mazda mx5
Skoda Fabia VRS 1.9 tdi
Audi A4 avant 1.9tdi

PavlosV6

Post by PavlosV6 » 12 Jul 2014, 22:46

CitroJim wrote:Took the little baby car to Somerset and back today :-D

Seems to be more economical the harder you drive it. Secret is definitely to keep the engine freely revving always, never let it labour and never engage 5th until you're doing 70. Hang on to all other gears...

:P

Volumetric Efficiency?

Maybe I'll stretch Old V6 on the next trip to Minehead :?
0x
Paul
'97 Xantia MK1 V6 Exclusive in Mauritius Blue - 205K - "Old V6" - A new life begins.....
'06 Picasso Exclusive 110 in Mediterranean Blue - 106K
'14 308cc 2.0HDi 163 Roland Garros in Pearlescent White - 7K

Trainman
My Cars: 2010 2.0HDi C5 Exclusive Tourer

Post by Trainman » 12 Jul 2014, 23:02

CitroJim wrote:
It cruises at 70 a treat and is really very nippy and chuckable. It's amazing what it'll see off at the lights :-D

Both Chris and I said they are like a go kart....... glad your enjoying your childhood again :wink:
Last edited by Trainman on 13 Jul 2014, 07:46, edited 1 time in total.
0x
Steve

2010 C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Tourer in Thorium Grey

http://c6owners.org/index.php

Northern_Mike

Re: Re: Citrojim's Xantia, C1 and XM Tales

Post by Northern_Mike » 12 Jul 2014, 23:28

CitroJim wrote:

Where is Jim Eastment? Who are you and what have you done with him. We've had "him" driving Chris570's Tweaked Activa and enjoying it, and now seeing cars off at the lights!

There's something amiss!
0x

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re: Re: Citrojim's Xantia, C1 and XM Tales

Post by CitroJim » 13 Jul 2014, 04:45

northern_mike wrote:Where is Jim Eastment? Who are you and what have you done with him. We've had "him" driving Chris570's Tweaked Activa and enjoying it, and now seeing cars off at the lights!

There's something amiss!

No, honestly it is me, the real CitroJim, and yes, I'm enjoying, by my standards, being a right hooligan :-D :twisted: :lol:

A whole new world of fun has opened up :-D

Both Chris's Activa and the C1 just makes you drive them with spirit. Honestly it is a real hoot to burn off a far larger and more powerful car at the lights in such a little thing as the C1. It behaves like an energetic little kid around adults. The big cars will catch it quickly past about 70 but in the initial stages very little seems to be able to catch it.

Yesterday on the A303 I had another C1 come flying past me at well over the speed limit and I never did catch that one although it was in my distant sight for a good few miles..

The sprint performance of the C1 raises some eyebrows to those driving far larger and presumably more expensive hardware!

I really hope the new generation C1/108/Aygo has managed to preserve the spirit and character of the original and we don't see the loss as we did with the 206 and 207 which never came close to the utterly wonderful car they supposedly replaced: the 205.

What amazes me is how the seats and driving position are so good in the C1.

And the pedals are so light I can drive it in bare feet :-D

Today, hopefully, Team WFA will be refitting XM strut tops :-D
0x
Jim

Citroenmad
My Cars:

Post by Citroenmad » 13 Jul 2014, 09:55

Trainman wrote:
CitroJim wrote:

Both Chris and I said they are like a go kart....... glad your enjoying your childhood again :wink:

They are huge fun! I used to drive ours with a spirited manor and it always put a grin on my face. In fact I've probably overtaken more cars on B-roads in the C1 than I have with other cars, relitive to their use. Even with four people in it would sit at 80 on a motorway and if hills were slightly planned for, it could be maintained. Though you could notice if the AC was on or off ... The 1.0 Toyota 3 pot engine really makes the car, thank god they didn't give it the 1.1 TU PSA engine!

Our C1 averaged 50MPG in our ownership, not bad but that was either town use or ragging it on longer runs.

I've often thought about buying a C1 as I have a lot of appreciation for them, they are a basic, well designed and fun car which do tend to be very reliable. For a City car, they have got just about everything right. Having had a look at the new C1/Aygo, its not a patch on the original, far too many luxuries!
0x
Chris
16 C4 Cactus BlueHDi Flair
05 C4 2.0 16v Exclusive
54 Audi A2 FSi SE
51 VW Passat V6 TDi Estate

Family Citroens:
64 C4 Cactus BlueHDi Feel Red
15 C3 Picasso 1.6HDi Exclusive
56 C5 2.0HDi 138 16v VTR Estate
95 C15 6-wheel
55 Traction 6H

citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut » 13 Jul 2014, 15:11

CitroJim wrote:
I've used just one 'bar' of petrol

wow does it use stick fuel then Jim????, stop and pick up twigs and branches ern route,

CitroJim wrote:Secret is definitely to keep the engine freely revving always, never let it labour and never engage 5th until you're doing 70. Hang on to all other gears...

same as a dersh ( 2CV ) then Jim, except the fifth gear bit, if you put a dersh in fifth gear it goes backwards
0x
Regards, malcolm.

citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut » 13 Jul 2014, 15:22

CitroJim wrote:
I've used just one 'bar' of petrol

wow does it use stick fuel then Jim????, stop and pick up twigs and branches ern route,

CitroJim wrote:Secret is definitely to keep the engine freely revving always, never let it labour and never engage 5th until you're doing 70. Hang on to all other gears...

same as a dersh ( 2CV ) then Jim, except the fifth gear bit, if you put a dersh in fifth gear it goes backwards
0x
Regards, malcolm.