Citrojim's Skoda, Saxo, 207 and Bike Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

NewcastleFalcon

Re: Citrojim's Xantia and XM Tales

Post by NewcastleFalcon » 02 Jun 2014, 17:31

Citro Jim Wrote
"
Today is our first public karate demonstration this year at a big fête in the grounds of a stately home... Been practising this for weeks now and pleased to see the weather will be on our side as we're performing on grass. I can't see our pure white gis (uniforms) staying pure white for long though. I reckon they'll be more green and mud by the end oft he afternoon"

is this the pure white gis you were talking about? (ref Castle Ashby)

regards Neil
0x
Current favourite playlist Pickled Egg Jukebox-Monopoly Tracks

citronut
My Cars:

Re: Re:

Post by citronut » 02 Jun 2014, 21:29

CitroJim wrote:I forget which bearing that indicates is at fault now and my brain is too addled to work it out. Can someone remind me please? Thanks :)

you'll have to use my method of detecting which side bearing is noisy Jim, you know the one Sir Richard G likes ( NOT ),

were you jack one front wheel off the ground then spin it up in gear with the engine running :twisted: :-D :wink:
0x
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years

lexi
donor 2017
My Cars:

Post by lexi » 02 Jun 2014, 23:36

NewcastleFalcon wrote:
Citro Jim Wrote
"
Today is our first public karate demonstration this year at a big fête in the grounds of a stately home... Been practising this for weeks now and pleased to see the weather will be on our side as we're performing on grass. I can't see our pure white gis (uniforms) staying pure white for long though. I reckon they'll be more green and mud by the end oft he afternoon"

is this the pure white gis you were talking about? (ref Castle Ashby)

regards Neil

Titter :-D
0x
Citroen C5 HDI 110 Mk 1 hatchback

French Mistresses gone.
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: An orange Skoda 120, a pretty blue Pug 207, Sally the white Saxo, a Giant TCR Bike and a Giant TCR Pro Bike.

Post by CitroJim » 03 Jun 2014, 04:37

A most excellent road trip to Anglesey yesterday and fantastic to see you Paul :D

We went there and back in Chris's 2.5 Estate to collect and ES9 engine and HP20 gearbox. So easy with the estate. Engine and 'box fitted in without even having to drop the rear seats..

The 2.5 was an absolutely lovely ride and a great place to be in on a long trip..

It was a round trip of around 500 miles running on 100% veg all the way...

We also met Will (KP) in a motorway services for an exchange of spares..

Chris's 2.5 is badly in need of a new clutch and it needed a little care and nursing yesterday. We plan to do the clutch next week.. That'll be an experience I'm sure!

NewcastleFalcon wrote:is this the pure white gis you were talking about? (ref Castle Ashby)

Didn't realise you were there taking pictures of us Neil :lol:

citronut wrote:you'll have to use my method of detecting which side bearing is noisy Jim, you know the one Sir Richard G likes ( NOT ),

were you jack one front wheel off the ground then spin it up in gear with the engine running :twisted: :-D :wink:

I don't know if I'm that brave Malcolm!
0x
Jim

Please note I do not accept PMs...

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo » 03 Jun 2014, 05:14

You mean, you plan to start the clutch job next week!
0x

RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: '07 307 SW 1.6 HDi 110
'08 C4 Grand Picasso 1.6 HDi 110

Re:

Post by RichardW » 03 Jun 2014, 07:27

addo wrote:You mean, you plan to start the clutch job next week!

Indeed, isn't it booked at 25 hours or something :shock:
0x
Richard W
Still not welding the de-cap...
1.6 HDi central (C4 Picasso / 307 SW)
Xantia HDi 110 now bean tins

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: An orange Skoda 120, a pretty blue Pug 207, Sally the white Saxo, a Giant TCR Bike and a Giant TCR Pro Bike.

Post by CitroJim » 03 Jun 2014, 07:38

RichardW wrote:

Something like that Richard as it's an engine out job and the 2.5 is quite heavily shoe-horned in. I reckon it's going to be a fun job...

Adam, Chris is waiting until he has the replacement clutch in his possession before starting, hence next week :)
0x
Jim

Chris570

Post by Chris570 » 03 Jun 2014, 08:17

CitroJim wrote:A most excellent road trip to Anglesey yesterday and fantastic to see you Paul :D

We went there and back in Chris's 2.5 Estate to collect and ES9 engine and HP20 gearbox. So easy with the estate. Engine and 'box fitted in without even having to drop the rear seats..

The 2.5 was an absolutely lovely ride and a great place to be in on a long trip..

It was a round trip of around 500 miles running on 100% veg all the way...

We also met Will (KP) in a motorway services for an exchange of spares..

Chris's 2.5 is badly in need of a new clutch and it needed a little care and nursing yesterday. We plan to do the clutch next week.. That'll be an experience I'm sure!

You're not wrong about the clutch! I really did think on that 3 point turn on the hill that the clutch was about to let go!

517 miles covered and the trip tells me I have about 430 left. 2.5's aren't bad really.

CitroJim wrote:
RichardW wrote:

Something like that Richard as it's an engine out job and the 2.5 is quite heavily shoe-horned in. I reckon it's going to be a fun job...

Adam, Chris is waiting until he has the replacement clutch in his possession before starting, hence next week :)

Knowing what spares can be like and companies saying they have stock, i'd far rather wait until the clutch is in my hands.

25 hours! no no no, this is Team WFA who aren't scared of popping an ES9 out. It'll be done in 2 days, one out one in.
0x
2006 C5 HDi 170
1998 Xantia Activa S1
1971 D Special
2006 C3 1.6 HDi SX,
CitroJim wrote: I'm a pink fairy

A 1/3 of Team WFA 'Clarkson'

citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut » 03 Jun 2014, 09:18

citronut wrote:
CitroJim wrote:I forget which bearing that indicates is at fault now and my brain is too addled to work it out. Can someone remind me please? Thanks :)

you'll have to use my method of detecting which side bearing is noisy Jim, you know the one Sir Richard G likes ( NOT ),

ps.

hand brake off of course #-o :wink:
0x
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 08 Jun 2014, 20:13

It's been a busy and eventful week!

Tuesday Chris and I made a start on the XM 2.5 Clutch but before we could make much headway we had other work to do involving electrical wiring of the domestic variety...

Wednesday a friend and I went to the Isle of Sheppey in my XM and enjoyed a great day out, discovering the Isle is home to the most northerly colony of scorpions in Europe! Te Isle has a brilliant bridge (or rather a set of bridges) and to a bridge geek like me they are a real treat. Petrol is cheap and it has beaches so not a bad place at all..

Thursday we got stuck into the XM proper but not before Chris resolved some issues on his HDi. Later I discovered my iffy Activa cooling fan had finally died and I set about replacing it. To do it with the AC condenser in place required the fabrication of some special tools.

Friday saw more 2.5 action and now the engine is ready to lift.

Saturday saw me in action doing our summer karate tour at another village fête. This time on the village green in the achingly pretty village of Denton in Northants. We were lucky. It poured with rain all morning but by the afternoon it turned out lovely.

Today the XM and I have been to Nottingham to bring Sian home from Uni for the summer. Later I made the first batch of jam from my home-grown strawberries.

Tomorrow after taking Robyn to Oxford Chris and I will carry on with his XM and then have the strut tops off both his and my XM and get them off to KingAS for renovation. This was hastened by one of his falling to bits when he cracked off the lower swivel to extract a drive shaft!

Tuesday will be much the same and then Wednesday I'm of to see dad in Somerset.

It's proving to be a busy holiday! It looks like my cambelt replacements and Activa wheel bearing will have to wait a bit. The bearing is getting no worse so it can wait a bit...

With all that and some home domestic stuff going on I've been so busy that I've barely looked at the forum this past week and I need to catch up on what's been going on.

That may take a day or so...
0x
Jim

Hell Razor5543
NOT Alistair or Simon
My Cars: C5 Mk1 VTR estate, Icelandic Grey (I think she is called "Bluebird")

Post by Hell Razor5543 » 08 Jun 2014, 20:26

When you are in Oxford, if you can get to the Westgate Shopping Centre there should be a maroon and cream H Van to add to the list.
0x
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX

C5 VTR HDi estate, 76518762
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 08 Jun 2014, 20:34

James, I shall go and look if I can find a few spare minutes... Unfortunately they’re in very short supply at the moment :twisted:

They seem to have gone NFP :roll:
0x
Jim

KP
My Cars:

Post by KP » 08 Jun 2014, 21:10

Dont worry too much about the wheel bearing Jim, they go for ages as they are held in but just be wary of heat build up in them from repeated heavy breaking on a hot day, it could be enough to cease it up if the right conditions prevailed :(

By the sounds of the XM clutch im wondering if chris is starting to think that doing it in situ was a better idea lol. Apparently thats a 2-3hr job instead of 20hours!
0x
1996 Activa with Leather(S2!) AC & Sunroof PALLAS'd
XM 2.5td VSX Estate green 220k running Veg&stuff

NewcastleFalcon

Random link poser

Post by NewcastleFalcon » 09 Jun 2014, 18:42

Jim

Little poser for you, which bearing in mind your recent travels, and your admissions of geek-ery, should be quite easy.

What is the link between this bit of Welsh poetry:-
"Pedwar llew tew
Heb ddim blew
Dau 'ochr yma
A dau 'ochr drew"

and this from page 7 of the I-Spy Citroen H Vans thread

I can only offer a measly one mark, but 5 if you supply an appropriate picture :)

Regards Neil
Last edited by NewcastleFalcon on 10 Jun 2014, 06:22, edited 1 time in total.
0x

NewcastleFalcon

35,000th view of Xantia Tales............

Post by NewcastleFalcon » 09 Jun 2014, 20:51

Well I'm claiming quite a significant landmark.........I have just been responsible for the 35,000th view of your blog.............

Just imagine if you charged £0.01 a look, you would have £350 now :)

regards
Neil
0x