Citrojim's Activa, 207 and Bike Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: A red Xantia Activa, a pretty blue Pug 207, a Giant TCR Bike and a Giant TCR Pro Bike.

Re: Citrojim's Xantia and XM Tales

Post by CitroJim » 03 Nov 2013, 12:49

citroenxm wrote:Well, as the topic has lost, Jim, you will regret getting rid!

I know that Paul, I may well regret it but sadly it has to happen. I have to go down to two cars.

I think if I have another it'll be an S1 again but that won't be until Robyn is clear of Uni...
0 x
Jim

Please note I do not accept PMs...

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: A red Xantia Activa, a pretty blue Pug 207, a Giant TCR Bike and a Giant TCR Pro Bike.

Post by CitroJim » 03 Nov 2013, 12:51

Hell Razor5543 wrote:OK, would putting some cushioning at the bottom of the casement help?

yes it would James, good thinking :-D

The weights have fallen many time possibly during the clocks' lifetime and so far no damage to the cases but some foam is an excellent one just to protect my ears as catgut does have a limited life.
0 x
Jim

Citroenmad
My Cars:

Post by Citroenmad » 05 Nov 2013, 21:15

Glad to hear your new exercise lifestyle is working for you Jim :)

It is a shame you're selling your XM but you still have two great Xantias to enjoy and cars should be the first things to let go of if the need arises. I loved the drive in your XM from CXM this year. I have to say your XM is a very tempting proposition as its a lovely car and even with the bit of welding, its appealing. Unfortunately I already have the number of cars which I can see is feasible at the moment.

I hope it finds a good home, no doubt it will. 8-)
0 x
Chris
16 C4 Cactus BlueHDi Flair
05 C4 2.0 16v Exclusive
54 Audi A2 FSi SE
51 VW Passat V6 TDi Estate

Family Citroens:
64 C4 Cactus BlueHDi Feel Red
15 C3 Picasso 1.6HDi Exclusive
56 C5 2.0HDi 138 16v VTR Estate
95 C15 6-wheel
55 Traction 6H

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 06 Nov 2013, 06:14

Citroenmad wrote:I hope it finds a good home, no doubt it will. 8-)

It's only going to a good home Chris so if it doesn't then it may well stay... We'll see...

I drove it to Aylesbury yesterday. It's going to be a hard job letting it go but I must down to two cars or at least have just two on the road but as said, I don't like cars stood unused.

Yesterday at Aylesbury we've been given objectives to complete as part of our therapy. They must be SMART (i.e. Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Time-based as well as being related to our major reason for being on the course.

As I said one of mine was to be able to do more in the workshop it seemed only right to rebuild the spare 4HP20 gearbox I have. It can be a very SMART objective. First task to be completed by next Tuesday is to clean and prepare it for disassembly!

I shall report progress here...
0 x
Jim

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo » 06 Nov 2013, 07:13

After that, you can drop in to unstick my seized spare PRV. Should only take a couple of hours. :twisted:
0 x

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re:

Post by CitroJim » 06 Nov 2013, 08:54

addo wrote:After that, you can drop in to unstick my seized spare PRV. Should only take a couple of hours. :twisted:

Yes, no worries Adam. Be a pleasure. Book me a flight, get me a passport and a visa and I'll be right there with my can of Plus-Gas :)
0 x
Jim

citronut
My Cars:

Re: Re:

Post by citronut » 06 Nov 2013, 09:02

CitroJim wrote:
addo wrote:After that, you can drop in to unstick my seized spare PRV. Should only take a couple of hours. :twisted:

Yes, no worries Adam. Be a pleasure. Book me a flight, get me a passport and a visa and I'll be right there with my can of Plus-Gas :)

just charter a plane and we ( UK FCF tes-tical help team ) can/could all drop by :twisted: :yikes: :teabag: :teabag: :-D :wink:
0 x
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years

Chris570

Post by Chris570 » 06 Nov 2013, 09:56

citronut wrote:
CitroJim wrote:

just charter a plane and we ( UK FCF tes-tical help team ) can/could all drop by :twisted: :yikes: :teabag: :teabag: :-D :wink:

What would the in-flight entertainment be? Guess the NFP part? Fix an intermittent poor running problem on an ES9? Ooooh I know, correctly adjust an Activa so it sits straight, but is the flight long enough???

Also, will the cargo capacity of the plane be enough to keep us in tea and biscuits?
0 x
2006 C5 HDi 170
1998 Xantia Activa S1
1971 D Special
2006 C3 1.6 HDi SX,
CitroJim wrote: I'm a pink fairy

A 1/3 of Team WFA 'Clarkson'

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 06 Nov 2013, 11:40

Chris570 wrote:What would the in-flight entertainment be? Guess the NFP part? Fix an intermittent poor running problem on an ES9? Ooooh I know, correctly adjust an Activa so it sits straight, but is the flight long enough???

But is it long enough to fix a poor-running ES9 though? That may take several trips :rofl2:
0 x
Jim

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo » 06 Nov 2013, 11:45

Malc's teabag images are unsettling me. :shock: I'd be afraid to fall asleep at an FCF event...
0 x

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re:

Post by CitroJim » 06 Nov 2013, 12:14

addo wrote:Malc's teabag images are unsettling me. :shock: I'd be afraid to fall asleep at an FCF event...

:rofl2: :rofl2:
0 x
Jim

citronut
My Cars:

Re:

Post by citronut » 06 Nov 2013, 12:23

addo wrote:Malc's teabag images are unsettling me. :shock: I'd be afraid to fall asleep at an FCF event...

sorry Adam i couldnt find a tin'y/triple XXX or should that be tiple smiley :roll: #-o :-D :wink:
0 x
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 06 Nov 2013, 12:58

And now as they say, for something completely different...

Yesterday I was a bit (a lot actually) tired but that was perhaps due to a long battle Chris570 and I had with the rear brakes of a certain C4. What should have been a half hour job to change disks and pads turned out to be a most difficult and time-consuming dockyard job imaginable and it even involved me making up a bespoke piston wind-back tool... All this after a long and hard day at work.

I must say I did enjoy the work immensely and was delighted at how much I did :-D

It was a good test for me as Chris and I worked until 9PM on it. I did feel a bit washed out yesterday but (and don't take this the wrong way) when Chris told me he was pretty well washed-out too I was rather happy as it is perhaps another indication I'm on the mend :-D

At this rate I might be good to return to full-time work but I've already decided that's not happening..

Today I'm absolutely fine. Up at 04:15. Lots of posting on the forums, a loaf baked, 45 minutes of hard swimming, 10 minutes on the cross trainer with the tension turned up to 11, baked a batch of chocolate and walnut brownies, baked a parkin and well on the way to cooking a lamb hotpot for Robyn's and my dinner this evening...

I'm pleased with my second attempt at a parkin. The first one sank but tasted ace (ask PavlosV6) and this one has sunk a bit but nothing like as much as the first one. I think I know what to do for the third time so it doesn't sink at all.

Parkin is lovely - it looks like black pudding but is totally veggie and a delicious way of getting your oats... I believe it's a Yorkshire delicacy...

Pavlos, if you want a lump, just shout...

This afternoon I shall start my gearbox objective..
0 x
Jim

Chris570

Post by Chris570 » 06 Nov 2013, 13:21

It was a pig of a job, it makes me wonder how luck we are with Xantias! (for now)

Jim, you're improving day by day we know that but lets keep it in moderation (sensible hat)
0 x
2006 C5 HDi 170
1998 Xantia Activa S1
1971 D Special
2006 C3 1.6 HDi SX,
CitroJim wrote: I'm a pink fairy

A 1/3 of Team WFA 'Clarkson'

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 06 Nov 2013, 13:22

Chris570 wrote:Jim, you're improving day by day we know that but lets keep it in moderation (sensible hat)

Absolutely Chris. I had a good finger-wagging about that at the clinic yesterday....
0 x
Jim