Citrojim's Skoda, Saxo, 207 and Bike Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: An orange Skoda 120, a pretty blue Pug 207, Sally the white Saxo, a Giant TCR Bike and a Giant TCR Pro Bike.

Re: Citrojim's Xantia and XM Tales

Post by CitroJim » 26 Sep 2013, 19:35

Thanks Simon :-D If ever you're worried again there's always email and PM :wink:

Mandrake wrote:Hopefully things start picking up again for you asap! [-o<

One hopes. Just heard news today I've been placed on a 12-week course of graded exercise therapy (GET) starting in October. Those that know these things claim my level of fitness and weight are now contributory factors and over the next 12 weeks I must get fit and loose weight by swimming, gym work under supervision and lots of walking along with a carefully controlled diet... Apparently I look like a snake who's just consumed a big meal at the moment... :lol:

When being initially assessed for suitability to undertake the course of GET I was asked to name my most important reason for wanting to get fixed. I somewhat jokingly and a bit tongue in cheek said to help be be able to do much more on cars than I can do now.

To my surprise this made it to the official report on me and when I questioned it they all agreed it was a most laudable reason as what we do for leisure and recreation is a very important factor in our well-being.

I'm looking forward to it. I am told I'll still have to take care but should be able to do more for longer and that'll be excellent...
0x
Jim

Please note I do not accept PMs...

DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG » 26 Sep 2013, 20:51

CitroJim wrote:Those that know these things claim my level of fitness and weight are now contributory factors and over the next 12 weeks I must get fit and loose weight by swimming, gym work under supervision and lots of walking along with a carefully controlled diet...

Yeah you've always looked like a lard bucket Jim :^o

I assume that someone got your notes mixed up with someone else #-o
0x
14 BMW 535D Tourer
11 BMW F25 X3 3.0D Sport
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: An orange Skoda 120, a pretty blue Pug 207, Sally the white Saxo, a Giant TCR Bike and a Giant TCR Pro Bike.

Post by CitroJim » 27 Sep 2013, 05:07

DickieG wrote:Yeah you've always looked like a lard bucket Jim :^o

I assume that someone got your notes mixed up with someone else #-o

Over the past year I have got a bit rotund from doing very little physical really Richard - compared to how I was a few years back...

If it makes me feel better I'm all up for it...
0x
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 27 Sep 2013, 07:09

I've started... Just come back from a swim and a jog around the block and all before breakfast and work...

I am so unfit. Two lengths of the pool is my limit at the moment... I will get fitter... And loose the gut...

Amazing how many are at our pool at 06:30... All oldies like me and I guess there for much the same reasons...
0x
Jim

KP
My Cars:

Post by KP » 27 Sep 2013, 10:42

Have you thought about cycling Jim? Its kinder on the knees than running and you can travel further as well :)

I often build it into my work days where i can by riding to and from work, have a shower and breakfast at work. Saves some fuel pennies and water/electric pennies as well :) Not a lot but every bit helps the chevron based issue :D

Glad your being active in your self repair though, have you thought about getting a BOL on the human body to see if it covers it or just refers you to another BOL ;)
0x
1996 Activa with Leather(S2!) AC & Sunroof PALLAS'd
XM 2.5td VSX Estate green 220k running Veg&stuff

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo » 27 Sep 2013, 10:57

It may suggest parts are returned to the manufacturer! :shock:
0x

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 27 Sep 2013, 16:34

I was thinking of cycling just this afternoon funnily enough Adam... It could be good ad arguably you don't look such a prat cycling as you do running... Plus you can free-wheel on slopes...

I don't trust BoLs for cars, let alone one for the body. I expect it somewhere recommends Cyanide as a health supplement... Maybe fro an undertaker they are...
0x
Jim

Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers » 28 Sep 2013, 10:03

CitroJim wrote:I was thinking of cycling just this afternoon funnily enough Adam... It could be good ad arguably you don't look such a prat cycling as you do running...

Depends what colour Lycra you wear...
0x
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool

KP
My Cars:

Post by KP » 28 Sep 2013, 14:31

Who's Adam ;)
0x

Citroening
My Cars: Various Makes/Models Nowadays...

Post by Citroening » 28 Sep 2013, 17:28

You do know that you're going to get a "NOT Adam" custom forum rank now don't you...?!

Bit like James (Hellrazor) and his "NOT Alistair" rank... :lol: :wink:
0x
Franklin

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 28 Sep 2013, 17:53

KP wrote:Who's Adam ;)

Sorry Will :oops: I must have seen that Addo had posted something and thought it was he whereas I now know it was you... You know what I mean...
0x
Jim

KP
My Cars:

Post by KP » 28 Sep 2013, 18:17

Ha ha it's ok Jim :)
0x

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo » 28 Sep 2013, 22:57

Citroening wrote:You do know that you're going to get a "NOT Adam" custom forum rank now don't you...?!

Bit like James (Hellrazor) and his "NOT Alistair" rank... :lol: :wink:

Seconded. Where's Xac, to carry the motion and implement this necessary change?
0x

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 30 Sep 2013, 05:44

It's been an interesting weekend. Chris570 popped over to replace my Activa wishbone bush - it really was well-worn :shock: Thanks Chris for doing that :-D Whilst Chris was here he did some work on his car which I'll let Chris tell us about as I did not witness it all.. It's an interesting tale I believe...

James (Hellrazor) also visited on Saturday for a bit of brake work so we had quite a gathering...

As the job refereed to above caused a massive delay to plans, Chris also visited on Sunday to carry on with an exhaust swap . During the swap he discovered he'd been supplied with the wrong centre-section and was stuck. We looked at a brand-new 2.1TD one I had cluttering up my workshop and found it identical more or less to the HDi one! In the past I’d been tempted to chuck it as nobody wanted it. Glad of that now as it saved the day for Chris.

Whilst Chris was fighting the exhaust I looked in to why his clock fades out and resets on a regular basis. Supplies were OK but the earth was wherefore suspect and dodgy. When I looked at the wiring diagram I saw where the clock gets its earth. Yes, that's, right - in the engine bay :lol: :o To get there it has to go via the bulkhead interconnect and the infamous loom under the rad that is well-known for rotting..

Now who on earth would do something as mad as that? Must have been something done by one of the former XM designers on the Xantia project as that is almost worthy of an XM :twisted: The same muppetry is present in both the S1 and the S2.

I gave the clock a new earth and touch-wood it's now good.

A good weekend :-D
0x
Jim

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo » 30 Sep 2013, 07:19

CitroJim wrote:...the infamous loom under the rad that is well-known for rotting.

I often think of Genesis 3:19 in relation to non-structural PSA components:
G-d wrote:...for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return
Moreover, quite often with a rude degree of prematurity. #-o
0x