Citrojim's Ka, Saxo and Bike Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker

Post by addo » 27 Jul 2013, 14:03

Amazing; they just don't rust here and my 605 fronts were a doddle to remove.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re:

Post by CitroJim » 27 Jul 2013, 14:18

addo wrote:Amazing; they just don't rust here and my 605 fronts were a doddle to remove.

Stop making us Poms Jealous Adam :twisted: :lol:

They do here!

Chris570

Re:

Post by Chris570 » 27 Jul 2013, 19:01

addo wrote:Amazing; they just don't rust here and my 605 fronts were a doddle to remove.

Git

Jim, my XM ones were exactly the same so no worries, i had to encourage mine in as well, and they're still happy :)

KP

Re: Citrojim's Xantia and XM Tales

Post by KP » 29 Jul 2013, 13:05

Chris you left a bottle of bubbley stuff here! only noticed at about 10pm as i crawled to bed after i lifted the car onto some new brick plinths!

Chris570

Post by Chris570 » 29 Jul 2013, 14:54

Have it as a present :)

KP

Post by KP » 29 Jul 2013, 15:20

Cheers :)

Cant drink the stuff myself but sure i can use it as a mixer at a party sometime soon :)

Chris570

Post by Chris570 » 29 Jul 2013, 16:04

Well, there we go :)

I got the engine and gearbox out of the boot this morning, the car is much happier now it's not got all that weight behind the rear axle!

KP

Post by KP » 30 Jul 2013, 12:02

Should have fitted some dodgey rear tyres and practised your drifting in the current weather on some nice oil roundabouts ;)

4 wheel drifts are much much fun :D

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 21 Aug 2013, 12:40

It's been a long time... Things have conspired against me doing a lot either on here or on the cars recently so no real news...

Generally all three have been behaving themselves but you can just tell they were feeling a bit neglected and both the XM and the Activa threw little tricks to force me to give them what they craved...

In the case of the XM it was a soft front tyre. I don't know why but every now and again the offside front decides it hated being blown up to 2.4 bar and takes itself down to 1.8. Totally randomly and for no reason as far as I can see. I blow it up and it'll hold for weeks at 2.4 bar before again, when it feels it's being neglected, let a load of air out. :roll: I can't explain that one...

The Activa has a much better way of doing it. She's been parked up of a couple of weeks whilst the V6 Xantia has been doing daily duties and I can only assume Activa is jealous because I've bought the V6 a little present. I can't see any reason for Activa to be jealous as she already has one but you know what these cars are like :twisted:

Anyway, I woke the Activa up from her slumbers this morning and she greets me with an ABS light :evil: Later I put the ELIT on her and ELIT declares it's the right-hand REAR sensor. Arrrgh :evil:

I try clearing the fault and it cleared. So far, has not reappeared...

I am bracing myself for a rear sensor replacement escapade. I bet the fault will not stay away for long...

Cars :twisted: :roll: Just like kids :roll:

RichardW
Forum Treasurer

Post by RichardW » 21 Aug 2013, 14:19

Same is approaching on mine I think Jim.... Light came on a while back, but went out at next start. Stuck Mandrake's Lexia on it, and it said OSR - not surprising as that is the arm I had off for the suspension cylinder malarky. It's come on twice in the last week - each time goes out after a restart (and run up to 20mph - which I forget about each time, then wonder why it hasn't gone straight out!). So I suspect replacement is nearing... Having fed it back in with the arm dropped down, I am unsure how it is possible without partially removing the arm! We shall see....

Any thoughts on replacement parts? I see they are available for £12 on e-bay, but are they any good....???

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 21 Aug 2013, 14:30

RichardW wrote:Any thoughts on replacement parts? I see they are available for £12 on e-bay, but are they any good....???

I bought a cheap one for the front of the V6 a while back Richard. It lasted less than a year so false economy...

bxzx16v

Post by bxzx16v » 21 Aug 2013, 15:32

I get the Abs light staying on the Zx when it's not been used for a while too , I've found a good bit of use and a good wash of the wheels believe it or not sorts it . Thankfully I've got a front and a rear sensor I got of Malcolm Lockwood at the National at Wicksteed a few weeks ago so if all else fails I can get it sorted . I'm hoping she behaves this week as its MoT day Friday :cry: .

Mark

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 21 Aug 2013, 19:06

Mark, all good luck for the MOT on Friday. I'm sure she'll pass with all the care you lavish on her.

I have a very special visitor here this evening, a certain LHD French registered silver S2 ES9 manual V6 :D

Her owner is busy checking her spheres. The car is utterly immaculate in al, respects and currently has all her original spheres, all bright green still and each one has come off with no effort whatsoever. This car does not know what rust or corrosion is.

Some of the spheres are a bit weak and will need replacement before long. Not bad for 14 years old though.

The car looks to be about a year old :D

I'll pop up some pictures later to show the stunning condition of this car.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 21 Aug 2013, 19:23

And here's the pictures:

:-D

When taking the pictures I jokingly said that it was a shame there was a Vauxhall in the shots. My neighbour came out to let me know he'd heard exactly what I'd said :lol: :lol:

myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren » 21 Aug 2013, 19:26

That's exceptional Jim!

Will you bee keeping it? :twisted: