Citrojim's Activa, 207 and Bike Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: A red Xantia Activa, a pretty blue Pug 207, a Giant TCR Bike and a Giant TCR Pro Bike.

Re: Citrojim's Xantia and XM Tales

Post by CitroJim » 24 Jun 2013, 04:55

Chris570 wrote:hint noted

i'll do mine

It's an easy job Chris. Just remember the secret is to remove the hydractive centre sphere first :wink:
0 x
Jim

Please note I do not accept PMs...

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: A red Xantia Activa, a pretty blue Pug 207, a Giant TCR Bike and a Giant TCR Pro Bike.

Post by CitroJim » 04 Jul 2013, 05:28

Yesterday saw my girls, the XM and I run down to Somerset and back again. To see dad.

Excellent run. Very lovely day and the XM purrred. Gosh, that's a good car on a run!

I also found the wireless works well on medium wave for Radio 5. On the way home we were gripped rigid by Andy Murray's epic battle on centre court - what a nail-biter :twisted:

We can all highly recommend the Little Chef at Tot Hill on the A34 Newbury Bypass. Good service and great food :D

No other XMs spotted though :(

Just one fairly late and tidy Xantia close to dad's house...
0 x
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 07 Jul 2013, 08:57

My little patch of strawberries has been incredibly productive this year, thanks to the slaughter of several thousand slugs and snails thanks to the magic little blue pills. At one point my garden looked like the Somme... Dead bodies and spent shells everywhere...

So bountiful have they been that I had far more than I could realistically eat. I gave a load away but still was inundated by them..

Today I did something I've never done in my life before. I made a batch of strawberry jam :-D

It worked. I succeeded! I'm really quite proud...

Odd though is my jam looks nothing like the commercial stuff - full of fruit for one thing and much darker. Makes you wonder what they put in it :twisted:

I must say that since I have stopped - except on very special occasions - eating any ready made or prepared food my health has generally been much better...

Before it gets too hot I'm going to give the XM an oil change and then settle back to listen to Murray slaughtering the bloke with the odd name on Centre Court this afternoon...
0 x
Jim

Hell Razor5543
NOT Alistair or Simon
My Cars: C5 Mk1 VTR estate, Icelandic Grey (I think she is called "Bluebird")

Post by Hell Razor5543 » 07 Jul 2013, 10:01

When I was a child (many moons ago) my mother made strawberry meringue mountains. Utterly decadent, completely fattening, and superbly heavenly. I shall have to get the recipe for you.
0 x
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX

C5 VTR HDi estate, 76518762
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 07 Jul 2013, 11:04

Hell Razor5543 wrote:When I was a child (many moons ago)

Not so many moons as me James :evil: :(

Yes, if you have the recipie that would be great. I have a very sweet tooth...
0 x
Jim

Hell Razor5543
NOT Alistair or Simon
My Cars: C5 Mk1 VTR estate, Icelandic Grey (I think she is called "Bluebird")

Post by Hell Razor5543 » 07 Jul 2013, 12:02

OK, I will get that recipe off my mother. However, here is a different one you might want to try. It is her "Hot Chocolate Fudge Sauce", and she uses it on profiteroles filled with a decent ice cream. It is loosely based upon Kye (which was the hot chocolate drink used on the Russian convoys), as a way to get hot calories into the men on the ships, and it worked.

One tin sweetened condensed milk,
3 ounces butter,
The next three ingredients you can adjust to taste;
Icing sugar,
Castor sugar,
Cocoa powder,

Start off with the condensed milk and butter, on a low heat mix them together. Then slowly add the other ingredients while stirring (you don't want the chocolate to stick or burn), until you have a smooth consistency sauce. Then pour over the dessert. Make sure to use up ALL of the sauce, as it does harden up as it cools. We don't know the calorie count, as the test rig failed under the load!
0 x
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX

C5 VTR HDi estate, 76518762
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo » 07 Jul 2013, 12:52

That does sound rich! I suppose you'd use it to wash down a serve of poutine?
0 x

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 07 Jul 2013, 14:11

Thanks James, I can taste it already..

Calorie count is infinity -1 I believe...
0 x
Jim

daviemck2006
Donor 2016
My Cars: 2007 peugeot 407 2.7hdi
2006 berlingo 1.9d van to be sold
1998 xantia td
1993 peugeot 205 1.6 auto

Post by daviemck2006 » 07 Jul 2013, 23:00

I believe if i ate that due to being diabetic i would lose both legs and go blind all at once!
0 x
Peugeot 407 coupe 2.7hdi - bigpug
Berlingo 1.9d - beryl to be sold
Xantia 1.9td - gabby, amazingly good
Peugeot 205 1.6 auto - lilpug
In the family
Peugeot 107
Honda Civic type r
Skoda Fabia VRS 1.9 tdi
Audi A4 avant 1.9tdi

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 08 Jul 2013, 05:14

daviemck2006 wrote:I believe if i ate that due to being diabetic i would lose both legs and go blind all at once!

I think it would happen anyway Davie, diabetic or otherwise :lol: :lol:

Oil successfully changed in the XM yesterday. That was the absolute limit of my car work but my workshop saw plenty of action with Xac swapping his aircon compressor - a horrible job on a 1.9TD - and sorting out his rear wiper..

The day was nicely rounded off with a visit from Chris570 and some British bloke winning some tennis. The definite lowlight of the day was Top Gear.. A rather atrocious episode neither funny nor entertaining. Clarkson is looking incredibly tired and worn out now and poor old James May, the only decent one of the trio, seems to do less and less each week. Much more May would improve the programme no end..
0 x
Jim

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike » 08 Jul 2013, 11:21

I agree about Top Gear. I'm a fan of the show, but it is turning into a caricature of itself. I did find the Ferrari T12 test interesting. It's a shame really - Clarkson's "serious" programmes such as the one about Brunel have been very well presented and well made. May is good, Hammond annoys me.

Tennis. I'm not a fan and I don't like the dour Murray. However, even I ended up watching it. I thought Djokovic would beat him quite easily as did Federer last year. Murray played an absolute blinder and apart from a blip in the 3rd set when I'll admit to checking the odds for a Djokovic win (suddenly slashed!) there was no way he was going to be beaten. I even shouted at the telly during the last point.. haven't done that since Burnley's second goal against Reading in the play off semi final in 2009... well done Andy

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
0 x

Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers » 08 Jul 2013, 11:37

CitroJim wrote:The definite lowlight of the day was Top Gear.. A rather atrocious episode neither funny nor entertaining. Clarkson is looking incredibly tired and worn out now and poor old James May, the only decent one of the trio, seems to do less and less each week. Much more May would improve the programme no end..

So pretty much like every episode with the three of them then?
0 x
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool

Citroenmad
My Cars:

Post by Citroenmad » 08 Jul 2013, 21:33

TopGear does seem to be having its worst series yet, all they seem to be doing is redoing what they have done before. Its a little boring, not helped by having the most boring car as their new reasonably (£17K for a 1.6 Astra? I call that very unreasonable). They are looking old but we're all getting older! They are highlighted by the fact they seem to only appear on TV for a few weeks every 6 months. May is definitely the most entertaining and often gives the best videos, apart from that BBC one. In fact most of May's programs are pretty entertaining and often factual too.

I'm glad your XM is going well Jim, and the sound of strawberrys in a home garden almost make me want to grow my own. :lol:
0 x
Chris
16 C4 Cactus BlueHDi Flair
05 C4 2.0 16v Exclusive
54 Audi A2 FSi SE
51 VW Passat V6 TDi Estate

Family Citroens:
64 C4 Cactus BlueHDi Feel Red
15 C3 Picasso 1.6HDi Exclusive
56 C5 2.0HDi 138 16v VTR Estate
95 C15 6-wheel
55 Traction 6H

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 17 Jul 2013, 15:01

It's been ages since I've updated this and this is only an update to say there's been nothing of any significance happening lately. I'm in a pretty bad place at the moment suffering a double whammy of mental and physical exhaustion and not because of the weather either... Wish it was...

I have all the mental and cognitive abilities of a two year old and all the strength of a new-born lamb.. Apart from that, all is good...

It's nothing to worry about - it just goes with the territory really. Relapses are a fact of life and mental problems we have our own name for - brain fog. It's very apt - it's like trying to think through a headful of cotton wool...

This means I have enormous difficulty in following threads and any more than a few lines and I loose the plot. Replying sensibly is almost impossible so for now I've given up trying very hard. This post has taken a very long time to get more or less OK...

What small physical and mental capacities I have are being reserved for work as that is what earns me a living...

I'll be back to normal soon but who soon soon is is not known.. Soon I hope.

If anybody wants to get in touch, ask anything or alert me to something interesting then it's best to PM me.

I'll be at the National this weekend. It'll take a lot more than this to keep me away...

And I'll be at KP's for the V6 breaking although I can't see myself being much more than a source of advice at best.. More likely a hindrance...

See you soon..
0 x
Jim

daviemck2006
Donor 2016
My Cars: 2007 peugeot 407 2.7hdi
2006 berlingo 1.9d van to be sold
1998 xantia td
1993 peugeot 205 1.6 auto

Post by daviemck2006 » 17 Jul 2013, 21:42

I hope you are ok for the weekend Jim. I'm looking forward to meeting you. I know all about the relapses of mental and physical health, thankfully I'm not too bad just now, but I dare say that too will pass. I hope not.
0 x
Peugeot 407 coupe 2.7hdi - bigpug
Berlingo 1.9d - beryl to be sold
Xantia 1.9td - gabby, amazingly good
Peugeot 205 1.6 auto - lilpug
In the family
Peugeot 107
Honda Civic type r
Skoda Fabia VRS 1.9 tdi
Audi A4 avant 1.9tdi