Citrojim's Activa, 207 and Bike Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: A red Xantia Activa, a pretty blue Pug 207, a Giant TCR Bike and a Giant TCR Pro Bike.

Re: Citrojim's Xantia and XM Tales

Post by CitroJim » 24 Mar 2013, 09:19

Wow, that's fantastic Mike :-D Thanks ever so for that...

I'm sure the RX-8 owner will be very interested indeed...
0 x
Jim

Please note I do not accept PMs...

KP
My Cars:

Post by KP » 25 Mar 2013, 13:16

I thought you were taking a break from projects Jim ;)

You can never hold a good man back from a good engineering project. Especially if it involves a hammer or big hunk of metal ;)

I may have something more mundane but altogether warmer in mind for you if you fancy it at all? and much smaller in scale!
0 x
1996 Activa with Leather(S2!) AC & Sunroof PALLAS'd
XM 2.5td VSX Estate green 220k running Veg&stuff

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: A red Xantia Activa, a pretty blue Pug 207, a Giant TCR Bike and a Giant TCR Pro Bike.

Post by CitroJim » 26 Mar 2013, 08:12

KP wrote:I thought you were taking a break from projects Jim ;)

I really should be Will :twisted: Trouble as, as you say, wielding spanners over something interesting mechanically, and an RX-8 surely is, is like a drug to me. I know I shouldn't but I do and then every now and again it comes and hits me hard like it did yesterday :evil:

Out of nowhere yesterday morning I got well and truly hit by utter and total exhaustion, muscles made of jelly and a head that couldn't think straight. No obvious reason for it as my weekend was quiet [by my standards] but last week at work was a shocker... Delayed response I guess...

As much as I like to think I am, I'm still not right :( far from it :evil:

Makes me wonder seriously why I have an XM... Until I drive it and then the reason becomes obvious :twisted:
0 x
Jim

KP
My Cars:

Post by KP » 27 Mar 2013, 15:20

maybe worth limiting yourself to so many hours per day of exposure to such stuff maybe Jim? it may help a little locking it down to so much and have your body and mind in some kind of routine?
0 x

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 28 Mar 2013, 06:40

KP wrote:maybe worth limiting yourself to so many hours per day of exposure to such stuff maybe Jim? it may help a little locking it down to so much and have your body and mind in some kind of routine?

That's exactly what I've been doing for a long time now Will as a method of managing my condition and by and large it works. It's called pacing and if I don't do it I can't do anything much...
0 x
Jim

KP
My Cars:

Post by KP » 28 Mar 2013, 16:01

Its a pain and takes a while to find the 'pace' that suits your life and your body doesn't it :(

As a side do you know anywhere that holds guides for Bosch pump rebuild guides at all? Even better if its bosch as i need one for a CR Pump :(

The kits are £25+vat or £200+vat for an exchange unit with 12month warranty and im thinking if the kit is only £25 it cant contain too many parts as its a constant pump unlike older IDI pumps that did the timing as well.
0 x

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 28 Mar 2013, 19:49

Pacing worked exceedingly well today Will, just wish I could do it every day like this:

Go to work early, finish at 2, have a nap for an hour and then start all over again... It does work...

The reason I finished at 2 today was a privilege afternoon holiday for Maundy Thursday so after the nap I got all the housework done, baked a cake, cooked a demon chilli con carne from scratch and did all the washing and ironing.

I am now free to play cars tomorrow,,,

And catch up on what's been going on here..

Early tomorrow morning I’ll be baking bread... Kneading dough is incredibly therapeutic...

And then doing an ATF change on the XM, checking her spheres and doing other minor TLC ready for a run in her ton Somerset on Saturday to see Dad...
0 x
Jim

KP
My Cars:

Post by KP » 29 Mar 2013, 09:28

Afternoon naps you say?!! That's very continental! ;) :D
0 x

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike » 29 Mar 2013, 11:02

CitroJim wrote:Pacing worked exceedingly well today Will, just wish I could do it every day like this:

Go to work early, finish at 2, have a nap for an hour and then start all over again... It does work...

The reason I finished at 2 today was a privilege afternoon holiday for Maundy Thursday so after the nap I got all the housework done, baked a cake, cooked a demon chilli con carne from scratch and did all the washing and ironing.

I am now free to play cars tomorrow,,,

And catch up on what's been going on here..

Early tomorrow morning I’ll be baking bread... Kneading dough is incredibly therapeutic...

And then doing an ATF change on the XM, checking her spheres and doing other minor TLC ready for a run in her ton Somerset on Saturday to see Dad...

I have been following the instructions of my therapist and also getting great results from pacing Jim, I've felt really quite good for some weeks now, and I've got the pain meds sorted too.

However - and I've worked out a major no-no - I spent a couple of hours out in the cold chasing Sam around parks yesterday. About 6pm, I just crashed and was pretty bad the whole evening. Couldn't Had a big bowl of porridge and crawled into bed about 9pm and suffered for a while before dozing off. Drugged myself up this morning, feel ok again.

I'd say feel free to pop in to Staines on your way to or from Somerset, but I'm not sure if you go M25/M3 or not.. we're about a mile off the M25 and have Earl Grey..
0 x

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 30 Mar 2013, 06:24

Pacing really is my friend Mike... Without it I'd be a lost cause...

I have no problem with cold at all. I was out in it all yesterday and found the weather quite balmy...

I was busy...

Changed the ATF in my XM yesterday and did as I always do with a Hydraulic Citroen, just put the car on high on a level surface. No stands, no jacks, no hassle...

I checked the level on the dipstick before commencing and it was perfect. I drained out the old, saw it was nice and clean and measured 4.3 litres out. I measured 4.3 litres of new back in...

Then I checked the front spheres on the XM and found the corners a bit low and the centre Hydractive was OK pressure-wise but was a little one. I had a new 500cc one in stock so fitted that..

Then I washed the car ready for the run to Somerset today...

I did really want to check the rear spheres but pacing said I'd done more than enough so I stopped and relaxed. I had done more than I should have. I was tucked up in bed by 8...

Thanks for the offer of a cuppa on the way back Mike but this time I'm going the scenic route... It looks like it'll be a nice day and there's better way to go than pushing an XM along motorways...
0 x
Jim

Hell Razor5543
NOT Alistair or Simon
My Cars: C5 Mk1 VTR estate, Icelandic Grey (I think she is called "Bluebird")

Post by Hell Razor5543 » 30 Mar 2013, 11:35

I hope that you enjoy yourself, Jim, and have a comfortable and bracing drive.
0 x
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX

C5 VTR HDi estate, 76518762
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 31 Mar 2013, 12:57

Hell Razor5543 wrote:I hope that you enjoy yourself, Jim, and have a comfortable and bracing drive.

It was good James, Very good. The XM as a cruiser is very, very good indeed...

And it did the journey perfectly without a spot of any fluids used and not much petrol either...

It amuses me that other drivers don't expect an XM to go like a scalded cat and get a heck of a surprise when it does.

This morning the V6 Xantia has been washed and checked over and the XM wiped over with a chamois ready for the X rally... It'll not move again now until Sunday morning...

Tomorrow I will do the same to the Activa. It's about time it was woken from its slumbers and got ready for summer...

The V6 will have a long rest over the summer this year ready for next winter and during the warm dry months the Activa will become daily driver... Looking forward to that...
0 x
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 10 Apr 2013, 16:35

Saturday was good. As fully covered in David Halllworth's blog, a very interesting trip to BL Autos :-D Very much enjoyed...

I dug my Activa out of hibernation for that trip and discovered just how badly the rear ram is leaking. It's not weeping, it's crying long and loud :evil: I must fix it...

It was lovely to have the Activa back on the road and it's now my summer daily driver... The V6 has gone for a long summer rest.

I finally got fed up with my XM being a bit intermittent on starting and on Saturday afternoon I fitted a helper relay and touch-wood so far the starting has been perfect.

Sunday was the most excellent X Rally. Very, very much enjoyed except it was too short to speak to everybody in one day...

I paid dearly though for a very busy weekend :twisted: Overdid the weekend big-time. Sod it. Thoroughly enjoyed it and if that’s the consequence of a great weekend then so be it. I'd rather suffer a few days of being really ill every now and again rather than just sit at home bored...

Mustn't overdo it like that too often as it takes nearly a week to fully recover...
0 x
Jim

Hell Razor5543
NOT Alistair or Simon
My Cars: C5 Mk1 VTR estate, Icelandic Grey (I think she is called "Bluebird")

Post by Hell Razor5543 » 10 Apr 2013, 19:41

I hope this is not a silly question, Jim, but do you feel ill, or just really tired? A long time back I used to do security, and for a while I was doing 100 hours a week (which damned near burned me out). Something that helped was Radox bath salts. Pine was best, but now you only have the choice of muscle soak or vapour therapy. You can get them from Tesco, or Poundland.
0 x
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX

C5 VTR HDi estate, 76518762
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!

Citroenmad
My Cars:

Post by Citroenmad » 10 Apr 2013, 21:47

The Activa as your summer daily, you will have a constant grin! :lol:

I do like your XM Jim, my ride out in it with Will driving extremely carefully was very enjoyable :roll:
0 x
Chris
16 C4 Cactus BlueHDi Flair
05 C4 2.0 16v Exclusive
54 Audi A2 FSi SE
51 VW Passat V6 TDi Estate

Family Citroens:
64 C4 Cactus BlueHDi Feel Red
15 C3 Picasso 1.6HDi Exclusive
56 C5 2.0HDi 138 16v VTR Estate
95 C15 6-wheel
55 Traction 6H