Citrojim's Activa, 207 and Bike Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo » 01 Jan 2013, 20:10

I imagine the ruse was exposed when the host caught their guests crouching on the floor, scratching the rugs?
0x

citronut
My Cars:

Re: Citrojim's Xantia and XM Tales

Post by citronut » 01 Jan 2013, 23:39

DickieG wrote:
Rattiva_Mike wrote:Cat food - yes, it used to be one of my party tricks

Reminds me of a BBQ I went to a few years ago where a certain wag decided to swap standard party nibbles in bowls for dried cat food, it took about half an hour with the bowls almost empty before someone realised what they were snacking on :lol:

perrrrrrrfect chat up line at that BBQ would be " nice pussy " :roll: :wink:
0x
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: A red Xantia Activa, a pretty blue Pug 207, a Giant TCR Bike and a Giant TCR Pro Bike.

Post by CitroJim » 03 Jan 2013, 18:06

citronut wrote:perrrrrrrfect chat up line at that BBQ would be " nice pussy " :roll: :wink:

Or.....

'Would you like to see my scratching post?'
0x
Jim

Please note I do not accept PMs...

Chris570

Post by Chris570 » 04 Jan 2013, 10:02

CitroJim wrote:
citronut wrote:perrrrrrrfect chat up line at that BBQ would be " nice pussy " :roll: :wink:

Or.....

Would you really want it to be clawed at though?
0x
2006 C5 HDi 170
1998 Xantia Activa S1
1971 D Special
2006 C3 1.6 HDi SX,
CitroJim wrote: I'm a pink fairy

A 1/3 of Team WFA 'Clarkson'

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike » 04 Jan 2013, 10:10

CitroJim wrote:

Or.....

Keep your masochistic desires to yourself!
0x

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo » 04 Jan 2013, 10:52

It could be jock rot!
0x

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: A red Xantia Activa, a pretty blue Pug 207, a Giant TCR Bike and a Giant TCR Pro Bike.

Post by CitroJim » 13 Jan 2013, 17:45

Not much been happening on the car or any front really. I've been concentrating on work, as that pays the bills, and not much else really.

I went to take the Activa out the other day and found she had a flat battery - not used enough :roll: It's fine now after a recharge. V6 goes well although one rear door central locking motor has packed up. it'll unlock but not lock. Sian found that out for me and did a good impromptu alarm test at the same time :lol:

All cars are seeing little use now and that will be the case for the foreseeable future. As I can no longer sensibly maintain three cars to the standard I wish I have taken the hard and heavy decision to let one go. The choice was open at the start but after much cogitation, thoughts, pros and cons and test drives sadly the XM is the one that'll be going. She's for sale and details are in the For Sale/Wanted bit of the forum.

It is a very reluctant sale but unfortunately, given prevailing circumstances, one that must be made. I'm sure those who know me well will understand why I've made the hard decision I have.

Anyway, two Xantias will keep me more than well occupied I'm sure
0x
Jim

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike » 13 Jan 2013, 18:51

This is sad news Jim, however I'm sure people understand why. Your health must come first - but, seeing as space doesn't really seem to be an issue, why don't you SORN the XM and fiddle with it as and when you feel fit? It's not worth *that* much, and it would be a shame to have done all that work on it then not get the benefit..
0x

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 13 Jan 2013, 19:03

SORNing is a good thought Mike but in my experience cars deteriorate terribly when they're not being used and it's something I've noticed with both my Xantias which have spent long periods not being used in the past.

On balance, I'd much rather the XM went to a good home and was enjoyed rather than sitting festering somewhere on SORN.

Don't worry about me not having enough to play with. I have a few jobs planned on both the V6 and Activa that will keep me amused come the better weather and then there's the major garden makeover...
0x
Jim

bxzx16v
My Cars: Past Frenchies , 4xBx16v,1xBxGti,1xBxTzd,2xZx Volcanes,1xZx reflex,1xPug 405mi16, 3x Xantia 1.9td's,1x Xantia activa, 2x Renault 25 V6 turbo, 1 Zx16v ,1 Pug 406 V6 coupe ,1x C8 , 1x Berlingo van , 1x Xanti 2.1td , 1x Renault Laguna 3

Post by bxzx16v » 13 Jan 2013, 20:50

I'm sorry to hear that you have to let the Xm go Jim , it's a great car . I've got a dilemma myself soon as i may have to sell one of the cars , I'd rather not let the doblo go but I couldn't bear to part with the Zx . It's just that I cannot afford to run two cars at the minute sadly .

Mark
0x
2009 Landrover Freelander 2 TD4se.

vince
My Cars:

Post by vince » 14 Jan 2013, 00:43

Jim i read on the xm forum it was being sold on. I think your spot on with your comment that these cars should go to a good home where they will be being used. Im sure the regular use of mine is keeping it in fine fettle.

These decisions are hard, but someone older and wiser than me on these matters once said to me that you should never fall in love with a piece of metal, the context of the conversation was advising me not to hold onto my old Xantia once i hankered after a change....i dont regret that decision.

Good luck with the sale, its a great car although it needs the odd little bit, the colour combo inside and out really impressed me when i saw it and drove it, and as you say you still have two Xantias to play with....and not just any old Xantias either....the flagships of the range in their respective areas. Still a lucky guy on that front :wink:
0x
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...

Citroenmad
My Cars:

Post by Citroenmad » 14 Jan 2013, 10:22

That is sad news Jim but I understand why you need to downsize your fleet. Having three cars can be hard work and a good amount of time is needed to keep them as they should be. I know all about that!

I'm not sure I fall in love with cars but I do get really attached to them and the thought of selling one does not come lightly. I still miss that XM and the V6 Xantia too, both cars I would have loved to have kept but that would not have been possible to get the cars I have now. I'm toying with the idea of selling the C5, as the Xantia HDi does a very similar, if not better, job for my daily driver. However, Im very attached to that car, I've been all over in it, its my ideal spec C5 and what I had wanted for years before I got it. Anyway ... Ill use up my blog space for that :lol:

I hope the Prestige finds a good home, it deserves it. The fact it runs on LPG is a huge bonus and gives diesel like running costs. Its a great spec and arguably the best age range of XM, as they seem to rust among the least and have the least electrical problems.

Good luck with the sale :-D
0x
Chris
16 C4 Cactus BlueHDi Flair
05 C4 2.0 16v Exclusive
54 Audi A2 FSi SE
51 VW Passat V6 TDi Estate

Family Citroens:
64 C4 Cactus BlueHDi Feel Red
15 C3 Picasso 1.6HDi Exclusive
56 C5 2.0HDi 138 16v VTR Estate
95 C15 6-wheel
55 Traction 6H

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 14 Jan 2013, 16:46

Citroenmad wrote:I hope the Prestige finds a good home, it deserves it.

Absolutely Chris, which is why that's the most important consideration in rehoming her...
0x
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 15 Jan 2013, 22:20

Despite what I said earlier, the XM is staying...

Truth is I can't bear to part with it...

I still can't justify having three cars but I can't bear to part with any of them either :roll:
0x
Jim

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike » 15 Jan 2013, 23:26

CitroJim wrote:Despite what I said earlier, the XM is staying...

Truth is I can't bear to part with it...

I still can't justify having three cars but I can't bear to part with any of them either :roll:

I'm glad to hear it. Two things..

1. I'd love to have a drive in the Prestige at some point, sounds great.
2. You should let other people take them for MOTs. Give them a spare key and the certs, then you might forget. They can just take it for you without telling you! That'll save you months of stress!
0x