Citrojim's Skoda, Saxo, 207 and Bike Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

Toby_HDi
My Cars:

Post by Toby_HDi » 09 Mar 2009, 18:50

Some would say your glutton for punishment Jim :twisted:

I guess we all are though :roll:
0x
Toby

Previous:
2004 Peugeot 407 HDi 138 SE Luxury Pack
2001 S2 Xantia HDi 110 SX
2001 Peugeot 406 V6 Coupé
1998 S2 Xantia Activa
2000 S2 Xantia HDi 110 SX
1999 Peugeot 406 2.0 16v Estate

jgra1
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Honda VFR800 Fix
Honda Goldwing 1500/6 old and gold

Post by jgra1 » 09 Mar 2009, 19:13

nice work red :D
0x

ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 » 10 Mar 2009, 01:31

Well CitroJim if you go for these mods, you will have certainly "pimped your ride!" :wink:
0x
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: An orange Skoda 120, a pretty blue Pug 207, Sally the white Saxo, a Giant TCR Bike and a Giant TCR Pro Bike.

Post by CitroJim » 10 Mar 2009, 21:54

red_dwarfers wrote:If it was a hatchback, doing something to the tailgate so that water doesn't fall into the boot on a rainy day :twisted:

You know, that is one of my big pet hates on hatches Kev! To an extent, the estate suffers it too.

So basically then, what you're after is a MK3 Xantia that looks like a MK1 but with the best of the MK2 bits and all the original design faults rectified :D

Next on the list after the tailgate issue is to redesign the windscreen scuttle so it does not leak :lol:

red_dwarfers wrote:Make the heater matrix easier to get at.

That one has to be a winner :lol: :lol: A special trapdoor in the top of the dash perhaps....
0x
Jim

Please note I do not accept PMs...

RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: '07 307 SW 1.6 HDi 110
'08 C4 Grand Picasso 1.6 HDi 110

Post by RichardW » 11 Mar 2009, 09:14

red_dwarfers wrote:Make the heater matrix easier to get at.

Nice thought, but wrong approach: get Valeo to make a decent matrix in the first place that does not appear to be made of chocolate and have a half life of about 3 days :twisted:
0x
Richard W
Still not welding the de-cap...
1.6 HDi central (C4 Picasso / 307 SW)
Xantia HDi 110 now bean tins

KP
My Cars:

Post by KP » 11 Mar 2009, 10:19

True about the matrix in some cases but how many used Xantia have people bought where the coolant has never been changed?? I've bought one that came out thicker than it should be and looked like cack.

Really citroen should have made it a replacement item by doing the water pump with every cambelt and a flush as well, not just a top up...

Anyway we are digressing....
0x
1996 Activa with Leather(S2!) AC & Sunroof PALLAS'd
XM 2.5td VSX Estate green 220k running Veg&stuff

ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 » 12 Mar 2009, 16:55

Given the problems that happen with cooling systems, and the issues raised by the coolant being in there too long, wrong type, wrong antifreeze percentage etc it should be something that's attended to, to try and prevent some of these problems caused by lack of attention.
0x
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: An orange Skoda 120, a pretty blue Pug 207, Sally the white Saxo, a Giant TCR Bike and a Giant TCR Pro Bike.

Post by CitroJim » 15 Mar 2009, 11:33

Another frantic week just passed and not good either :evil: :evil: We're innundated at work and simply are not keeping up with the workload and it's telling badly on all of us. We're under-resourced and the problem is compunded by management running their own agenda :evil: Enough that except to say it's also impacting on my ability to give as much to my family and pastimes. Coming home late and exhausted after continually swinging between a rock and a hard place wears a tad thin after a while :cry:

On Friday the girls went to Guide Camp for the weekend. I took them and so exhausted was I on Friday evening that I went to bed at just gone 9. At 10:30 the phone rang and it was Siany. "Hello Daddy, I've not got my bedding. I think I left it in the back of your car..."

She had :twisted: Back I had to go to the camp with her bedding. Luckily only 10 miles away but still niggling when you can barely keep your eyes open from sheer exhaustion.. Still, that'll teach me to entrust the unloading of the car to the girls :twisted: My excuse M'lud was that i was busy filling out their health declarations (something they should have done weeks ago) and we were running an hour late anyway. Getting girls ready for a Guide Camp is like nailing jelly to a tree sometimes and why do they need to take a hair dryer?

Next week (well, this week now) I'm off on a residential training course down in Hampshire (Part II of the course I went on in February). It'll be a bit of a rest and in the evenings I should have more time to play here and get my website updated a bit. Luckily, I know I have good mobile internet access where I'm going.

Yesterday I checked over the Activa and 2.1TD and all is good although both are nearly due an oil/filter change. I'm taking the Activa to Hampshire next week so it can once again spend some time in the company of some very expensive automotive hardware in the training centre car park. I really must be in the wrong bit of IT somewhere as all the other course attendees seem to run Mercs, Beemers, Volvos and the like with nothing less than a 57 plate :lol:

Given the week just gone, some therapy was had on the V6. Playing with that car makes me feel so much better....
0x
Jim

red_dwarfers
donor 2017
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers » 15 Mar 2009, 19:37

CitroJim wrote:I really must be in the wrong bit of IT somewhere as all the other course attendees seem to run Mercs, Beemers, Volvos and the like with nothing less than a 57 plate :lol:

Well, you could borrow the '08' plate off my Xantia if only the '5' preceeding the '08' was an 'S' :lol:

Its a pity none of their cars have Active suspension 8)

Incidently, whats your course about?
0x
Kev

'98 S1 Xantia 1.9 TurboD Desire 2
'97 S2 XM 2.1 TurboD Manual VSX
'81 GSA 1.3 Club
'93 Peugeot 605 2.1 TurboD Manual SRDT

Citroen Car Club G Section committee member

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 15 Mar 2009, 23:02

Nope, yu're right Kev, none have proper suspension and none look quite as lovely as a Xantia in Dantes' red that has been well polished :D

red_dwarfers wrote:Incidently, whats your course about?

HP Service Manager 7 Software Tailoring. Service Manager 7 is a fully ITIL-compliant help desk incident/problem management system. It has the great advantage that it is infinitely configurable and can be tailored to do exactly what you want it to do. How to tailor it is what I'm here to learn about... It's not easy and is basically a programming course :roll: At least this time I'm feeling good. On my last course (the first part of the same course) I was ill and struggled big-time...
0x
Jim

Toby_HDi
My Cars:

Post by Toby_HDi » 15 Mar 2009, 23:10

Jim, No doubt you'll be busy to the hilt but if you get the urge...you more than welcome to drop by. I've yet to see an Activa in the flesh :wink:

I will make sure there is tea......:D
0x
Toby

Previous:
1998 S2 Xantia Activa

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 15 Mar 2009, 23:17

Toby, I'd love to but the problem is that our classes end at five and I'm right the other end of the County just south of Reading at a place called Heckfield; Ringwood must be a good trot from here and the problem is, it'll be dark by the time I get to you :(

A good cup of tea will be tempting though as the only tea available here is from machines :twisted:

It seems that they think all IT people only drink coffee. I don't; it gives me a bad head and makes me a bit hyper :twisted:
0x
Jim

Toby_HDi
My Cars:

Post by Toby_HDi » 15 Mar 2009, 23:30

No problem, offer still stands though should you find an opportunity and feel like it

It is a fair way, opposite side of the county and Hampshire is a fairly large county :lol:
0x
Toby

Previous:
1998 S2 Xantia Activa

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 20 Mar 2009, 09:36

Well, that's the training all but done :D Just got the final test/exercise to do this morning and then.... Freedom!!!!!! :D :D

It's not ben a bad time really, glorious weather in an idyllic setting and this time I've maintained good health :)

I've been terribly homeseick though, missed the kids and I've got distinctly twitchy having no cars to play with or a workshop to escape into. I'm hoping the weather holds this weekend so I can have a good bout of "therapy" spannering the V6, I need it!

My brain though is fried to an absolute frazzle. The course has run at a very fast pace and mentally very demanding. In the evenings I have felt drained, mentally at least. It was like somethig go ghold of my brain and turned it to a load of mush... I could so have done with a dead Xantia here to relax with...

So, lunchtime signals the end and I'll be making off for home via Somerset. I'm half way there down where I am and will go and visit the parents for a few hours before making my way back to normality....
0x
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 22 Mar 2009, 19:56

I had a brilliant journey home in the Activa :D I went vis Somerset to visit my parents and then, being Friday night, I took a real scenic route home from Somerset. the A361 via Frome, Trowbridge, Devizes, Swindon and the A420 to Oxford and Bicester. Not bad Activa country really and no congestion. It takes a bit longer but it's more enjoyable and beats flogging along the A303 and A34 on a Friday any day... I do love a good spin in the Activa 8)

It's good to be home :D A good day on the V6 yesterday after a good housework session. All this lovely sunshine shows up all the dust and grot in the house and it had to be cleaned up. All in all, the house is not looking bad now. At least it's not screaming at me for attention :)

The garden has been postively howling for attention and today it got it but not before a quick and pressing job on the 2.1. The airbag light started coming on intermittently and today it came on for good. Luckily it was just the usual pretension wiring issue under the drivers seat. Some new butts on the wires did the job a treat.

I popped the Lexia on the 2.1 and was delighted to see no engine ECU/EPIC faults logged. I've finally "lost" my intermittent needle lift sensor fault after replacing the injector and making the connection better :lol:

The rest of the day has been spent in horticultural activities. Luckily (and deliberately) I only have a small garden as I'm not really keen on gardening at all so a good half-day of hard work makes a big difference to it. It is now looking quite presentable.

I now have a problem. I want to plant it with something in such a way that it'll look and be a pleasant place in the summer but needing minimal maintenance. I don't have a clue on what or how to plant it up so any ideas anyone may have, please let me have them. Two problems with the garden is that it is north-facing and does not get a tremendous amount of sun and the soil is very light, sandy and well-drained. It dries out very quickly :twisted:

In fact, so out of ideas and skill am I in matters horticultural, I'll happily exchange repair work on a Xantia in return for planting my garden up. Any offers?
0x
Jim