Citrojim's Skoda, Saxo, 207 and Bike Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: An orange Skoda 120, a pretty blue Pug 207, Sally the white Saxo, a Giant TCR Bike and a Giant TCR Pro Bike.

Re: Citrojim's Xantia and XM Tales

Post by CitroJim » 20 Oct 2012, 17:30

Proud of myself today :-D Managed to remove the de-cat pipe on the XM and get the replacement cat nearly fitted. Luckily the de-cat pipe was not fitted properly, having no proper spring mount at the manifold end, and this made it easier as it was just held on with two 13mm bolts, nuts and several million washers :twisted:

Work was interrupted when Chris570 called me and after my confession of what I'd been up to he told me i was a very naughty boy, was to stop immediately and he'd be along in the morning to finish up :-D Good old Chris!

So, on successful completion of that job the XM can go for an MOT next week [-o<
0x
Jim

Please note I do not accept PMs...

citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut » 20 Oct 2012, 19:21

CitroJim wrote:Proud of myself today :-D Managed to remove the de-cat pipe on the XM and get the replacement cat nearly fitted. Luckily the de-cat pipe was not fitted properly, having no proper spring mount at the manifold end, and this made it easier as it was just held on with two 13mm bolts, nuts and several million washers :twisted:

Work was interrupted when Chris570 called me and after my confession of what I'd been up to he told me i was a very naughty boy, was to stop immediately and he'd be along in the morning to finish up :-D Good old Chris!

So, on successful completion of that job the XM can go for an MOT next week [-o<

so you took notice and went in doors and put your feet up with a :teabag: :teabag: :teabag: :teabag: ,
like a good little boy :-D :roll: :lol: :wink:
0x
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years

Citroenmad
My Cars:

Post by Citroenmad » 20 Oct 2012, 19:45

Jim, that sounds like an awful lot of work for you! 8-[ I bet you feel better having it started the replacement job though. :)
0x
Chris
16 C4 Cactus BlueHDi Flair
05 C4 2.0 16v Exclusive
54 Audi A2 FSi SE
51 VW Passat V6 TDi Estate

Family Citroens:
64 C4 Cactus BlueHDi Feel Red
15 C3 Picasso 1.6HDi Exclusive
56 C5 2.0HDi 138 16v VTR Estate
95 C15 6-wheel
55 Traction 6H

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: An orange Skoda 120, a pretty blue Pug 207, Sally the white Saxo, a Giant TCR Bike and a Giant TCR Pro Bike.

Post by CitroJim » 20 Oct 2012, 20:27

citronut wrote:so you took notice and went in doors and put your feet up with a :teabag: :teabag: :teabag: :teabag: ,
like a good little boy :-D :roll: :lol: :wink:

That's exactly what I did Malcolm :-D Chris was a lifesaver really else I know I'd have carried on. He's saved the day and tomorrow!!!

Citroenmad wrote: I bet you feel better having it started the replacement job though. :)

Oh yes, I do Chris :-D I have to do these things just to prove to myself I can...

The XM registration document turned up today :-D Good old Swansea!!!

Just got back from Tesco. Took the V6 :-D Must hacve a look at the front brakes as I can hear a faint scraping. Also the indicator stalk is playing up and making the indicator relay tick rapidly for a second or two when the indicators cancel. These bloody Xantias - nothing but trouble :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:
0x
Jim

Citroenmad
My Cars:

Post by Citroenmad » 20 Oct 2012, 20:36

So you finally got your V5, I wonder who has your other one :lol:

CitroJim wrote:Just got back from Tesco. Took the V6 :-D Must hacve a look at the front brakes as I can hear a faint scraping. Also the indicator stalk is playing up and making the indicator relay tick rapidly for a second or two when the indicators cancel. These bloody Xantias - nothing but trouble :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My Activa started doing this earlier in the year, it got worse quickly and could almost not be driven without the relay clicking. I fitted a new stalk. Your Xantias are feeling neglected you see :lol:
0x
Chris
05 C4 2.0 16v Exclusive
54 Audi A2 FSi SE

Family Citroens:
95 C15 6-wheel
55 Traction 6H

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 20 Oct 2012, 20:56

Citroenmad wrote:Your Xantias are feeling neglected you see :lol:

I know :oops: I must give them some love. My Activa has seen more than the V6 recently and it's showing. Bar that, she's running a treat but you know I just can't get as comfy in the V6 seat as I can the XM seat...

Seeing as the whole of my road knows me and my Citroen affliction I can only assume the original document went to one of the non-existent numbers in the road. Had it gone to a live number I'm sure I'd have seen it by now...
0x
Jim

red_dwarfers
donor 2017
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers » 20 Oct 2012, 22:47

All the best for the MoT Jim!

Well done Chris!
0x
Kev

'98 S1 Xantia 1.9 TurboD Desire 2
'97 S2 XM 2.1 TurboD Manual VSX
'81 GSA 1.3 Club
'93 Peugeot 605 2.1 TurboD Manual SRDT

Citroen Car Club G Section committee member

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 21 Oct 2012, 15:11

red_dwarfers wrote:Well done Chris!

And well done Liam as well :-D Both came round to attend the beast and..

She now has a cat and oxygen seneor :-D It was a bit of a task as the cat I had, originally from an Activa, turned out to be two inches too short... That was fixed by welding an extension onto it by taking a bit from the old de-cat pipe. I fired up the arc (stick) welder and did less than a half decent job due to lack of skill and practice but it's good enough. Well, it's not fallen apart (yet!)

There's still a bit of a blow somewhere in the exhaust but less than it was :) We've given up on trying as it's hellishly difficult to do lying under the car so when she goes in for MOT I'll ask them to do the necessary as part of the MOT.

We watched the oxygen sensor on both gas and petrol after clearing the permanent fault relating to the previously non-existent oxygen sensor and after a bit saw it nicely ranging from low to high on the ELIT :-D

An intermittent fault was also noted on the knock sensor but a wiggle of its plug seems to have cured that one.

A road test shows she runs lovely and an annoying stumble on gas when on the over-run or very light throttle has now gone and she's quieter :-D Excellent!

Now to get her booked in for MOT and final sorting of the exhaust leaks.

Huge thanks to Chris and Liam for all their hard work today =D> :-D
0x
Jim

andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit » 21 Oct 2012, 15:26

Damn, Jim you realise I'm searching for a decent genuine Activa cat and have an Xm TCT spare!!
0x
Nothing moves you like a Citroën

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 21 Oct 2012, 15:34

andmcit wrote:Damn, Jim you realise I'm searching for a decent genuine Activa cat and have an Xm TCT spare!!

Damm, wish I'd known :twisted: :twisted:

Andrew, the only real difference is the XM TCT cat is 2" too long at the tail for an Activa. A good welder will be able to shorten it for you...
0x
Jim

Citroenmad
My Cars:

Post by Citroenmad » 21 Oct 2012, 17:37

CitroJim wrote:
A road test shows she runs lovely and an annoying stumble on gas when on the over-run or very light throttle has now gone and she's quieter :-D Excellent!

Brilliant work :-D I bet she is feeling much better now!

Good luck with the MOT 8-)
0x
Chris
05 C4 2.0 16v Exclusive
54 Audi A2 FSi SE

Family Citroens:
95 C15 6-wheel
55 Traction 6H

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 21 Oct 2012, 21:26

Citroenmad wrote:Good luck with the MOT 8-)

Thanks Chris :-D Only problem is she's not idling well on gas when hot now. I wonder if that was why the cat and oxygen sensor were removed.

She's lovely on petrol so I reckon the gas ECU may need a tweak. Something else to get my teeth into.

Off idle she runs really gorgeously on gas :-D
0x
Jim

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike » 21 Oct 2012, 22:45

I really must come up and get some pictures of your tank mounts!
0x

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 21 Oct 2012, 23:06

Rattiva_Mike wrote:I really must come up and get some pictures of your tank mounts!

Any time Mike :-D

I've been spending my time this evening studying how LPG works and how it uses oxygen sensor signals. I have some checking to do now as have discovered quite a lot... Got a circuit diagram of mine and now understand what all the bits and pieces do...

Just mulling over if I should spend £35 on the diagnostic software and cable now...

Mike, what make and model of LPG kit is Jgra's?
0x
Jim

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike » 21 Oct 2012, 23:08

It's a Prinz Jim, with diagrams...
0x