Citrojim's Activa, 207 and Bike Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

Rhothgar
My Cars:

Re: Citrojim's Xantia and XM Tales

Post by Rhothgar » 06 Oct 2012, 12:22

CitroJim wrote:I call her my mobility scooter because she's my preferred mode of transport when I'm feeling rough...

That's just great!

You've just put me off owning an XM!

Cheers Jimbob
0 x

red_dwarfers
donor 2017
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers » 06 Oct 2012, 13:11

Proper job Jim-bob! Sorry, proper job Jim!
0 x
Kev

'98 S1 Xantia 1.9 TurboD Desire 2
'97 S2 XM 2.1 TurboD Manual VSX
'81 GSA 1.3 Club
'93 Peugeot 605 2.1 TurboD Manual SRDT

Citroen Car Club G Section committee member

andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit » 06 Oct 2012, 13:23

Great news about the speedo - what put up a fight with the cable to have you beaten last week Jim?
0 x
Nothing moves you like a Citroën

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo » 06 Oct 2012, 14:36

I think it was the rubber "ball" refusing to pull home.
0 x

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: A red Xantia Activa, a pretty blue Pug 207, a Giant TCR Bike and a Giant TCR Pro Bike.

Re:

Post by CitroJim » 06 Oct 2012, 19:08

addo wrote:I think it was the rubber "ball" refusing to pull home.

That was it. The rubber ball was a ball-ache :evil:

Andrew, that's an excellent cable :-D Speedo is rock-steady and silent! Your cable is now missing it's rubber ball following a small modification....

Excellent day today :-D Between them, Chris (Citroenmad) and Chris (570) fixed the rear bumper mounts, changed the ATF, which was really filthy and mucky, changed the LHM, bled the brakes, fixed the exhaust blow and as a finale Chris completed the machine polishing. What a difference a good machine polish makes, it's incredible :-D

Huge and many thanks to both Chris's for their very sterling work today =D> =D> :-D
0 x
Jim

Please note I do not accept PMs...

red_dwarfers
donor 2017
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers » 06 Oct 2012, 20:21

Well done chaps!

All my replies to posts this last week seem to be just about a sentence and that's it, been a very busy week! In fact I've got to dart off again in a minute.
0 x
Kev

'98 S1 Xantia 1.9 TurboD Desire 2
'97 S2 XM 2.1 TurboD Manual VSX
'81 GSA 1.3 Club
'93 Peugeot 605 2.1 TurboD Manual SRDT

Citroen Car Club G Section committee member

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: A red Xantia Activa, a pretty blue Pug 207, a Giant TCR Bike and a Giant TCR Pro Bike.

Post by CitroJim » 07 Oct 2012, 10:07

One thing we noted is that with new LHM she takes a lot longer to sink :-D

Again, thanks both for all the sterling work yesterday :-D Despite being just the apprentice and general tea-boy/workshop tidier and tool-passer I'm totally and utterly wrecked today :evil: I've only just surfaced :roll:
0 x
Jim

DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG » 07 Oct 2012, 10:39

CitroJim wrote:Despite being just the apprentice and general tea-boy/workshop tidier and tool-passer I'm totally and utterly wrecked today :evil: I've only just surfaced :roll:

Lazy Git :twisted: :lol:
0 x
14 BMW 535D Tourer
11 BMW F25 X3 3.0D Sport
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 07 Oct 2012, 11:23

:rofl:

It is Sunday after all :lol:
0 x
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 07 Oct 2012, 13:58

Following Chris's fine work with the machine polisher yesterday I gave the Mobility Scooter a quick wash to remove the polishing compound that looked like she'd been in a snowstorm :lol: and then a good rub down with a chamois leather.

She's lookin' good and here she is about two hours after last running and still up at normal ride height :-D

Not the best photo but...

Interestingly, she was down on her belly this morning but took very little time to rise up to normal ride height :)

That practically clear Delphi LHM must be some good tackle :)

The interior leather has also received a quick snack today, not a good feed, just a wipe down with a handful of leather wipes. When I can I'll feed it proplerly...
0 x
Jim

Citroenmad
My Cars:

Post by Citroenmad » 07 Oct 2012, 17:55

Not a problem Jim, I really enjoyed yesterday, anytime! Im very happy to have done a few things with the XM and we saved you from a few jobs. Pretty pleased I got the machine polishing done too, which I started months ago :lol:

Im impressed that the car is still in normal height after 2 hours, it would not stand for 30 minutes in full height before the change. Well worth doing. That gearbox oil was pretty awful too. It will have thought it was its birthday yesterday :lol: 8-)

Its really coming along now :-D
0 x
Chris
16 C4 Cactus BlueHDi Flair
05 C4 2.0 16v Exclusive
54 Audi A2 FSi SE
51 VW Passat V6 TDi Estate

Family Citroens:
64 C4 Cactus BlueHDi Feel Red
15 C3 Picasso 1.6HDi Exclusive
56 C5 2.0HDi 138 16v VTR Estate
95 C15 6-wheel
55 Traction 6H

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 08 Oct 2012, 19:24

Pleased you enjoyed the day Chris :-D

Citroenmad wrote:Its really coming along now :-D

It certainly is :-D Worryingly perhaps, I'm enjoying it so much that I've not been out in a xantia for days now. It's become my daily!

I'm even going to run it down to Somerset at some point...

The gearbox is certainly better for its fluid change; changes are almost imperceptible. Everything bar the ABS is working a treat :-D

I'm very happy...

Thanks again for all the hard work both you an Chris put in on Saturday :-D :-D
0 x
Jim

Citroenmad
My Cars:

Post by Citroenmad » 08 Oct 2012, 19:59

It'll get you to Somerset in style and comfort Jim, its just the job 8-)
0 x
Chris
16 C4 Cactus BlueHDi Flair
05 C4 2.0 16v Exclusive
54 Audi A2 FSi SE
51 VW Passat V6 TDi Estate

Family Citroens:
64 C4 Cactus BlueHDi Feel Red
15 C3 Picasso 1.6HDi Exclusive
56 C5 2.0HDi 138 16v VTR Estate
95 C15 6-wheel
55 Traction 6H

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 08 Oct 2012, 20:09

Citroenmad wrote:It'll get you to Somerset in style and comfort Jim, its just the job 8-)

Comfort most definitely Chris. That driver's seat fits me like a glove :-D Like it was custom-made especially for me...
0 x
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 11 Oct 2012, 17:41

Well, I went to Somerset in the mobility scooter yesterday... Absolutely excellent :-D

Went on LPG all the way and find I can get from here to dad's on one tankful and the route is positively littered with LPG stations :)

I have to say, the ride, comfort and ventilation offered by the XM absolutely knocks spots off of any Xantia. It really is that good. Not as quick as the V6 but oh, so much more relaxed and comfy. I was rather surprised by just how.

Perhaps it's just me and how I am at the moment but never have I done that trip in so much comfort and been so relaxed and fresh at the end.

LPG range is about 175 miles on a tankful and economy works out at around 25mpg equivalent. Price-wise that's 50mpg and I reckon once the cat and oxygen sensor is re-fitted it might even get better.

Now I have to do some serious thinking. The XM is the car for the long trips, no doubt at all. That trip proved it.

Due to circumstances both concerning money (insurance and having to insure Sian) and the likely loss of my spare parking space in the new year, one car will have to go. The XM is staying, the Activa is staying (drove it today :-D ) so that leaves a question-mark hanging over the V6. Tax and insurance is up in November and I'm planning to SORN it.

If anyone wants to make me an offer for it I may consider letting it go. Money raised will be invested in the XM to really bring it up to condition. I have not made a final decision yet and it may well change in light what the up-coming MOT on the XM may reveal.

I think I may have cracked the ABS problem on the XM and I have every confidence the ABS block is not the cause of the problem. More news on that when I've investigated further.

For now, the XM is really making an impression on me.
0 x
Jim