Citrojim's Ka, Saxo and Bike Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker

Post by addo » 04 Sep 2012, 13:40

Good grief. Are you staring down the barrel of fatherhood?

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re: Citrojim's Xantia and XM Tales

Post by CitroJim » 04 Sep 2012, 14:21

:rofl:

I could say this is getting out of *hand* but I wont....

Until now I've been using my laptop-based Lexia 3 to diagnose the XM. To me it seemed faintly wrong so as a nice little relaxing task I made up a special 2-pin lead for my ELIT so I could use that. Seems much more fitting to use a contemporary diagnostic tool for the job.

It's a lot less faffing around than the Lexia, no waiting for Windows to boot and no faffing around with VINs and ORGA numbers. It's just straight in like a rabbit up a burrow :-D

Here it is in action:

citroenxm

Post by citroenxm » 04 Sep 2012, 15:13

Hi jim/Chris

Before this topic went on about body work after you put you had done a good sort out I asked should i get the corner of my shed sorted now or after cxm.. somehow that Q got overlooked... so .. do i need to get sorting or we ok till after cxm for your sorted stuff????

you said you had a van full ..

Deanxm

Post by Deanxm » 04 Sep 2012, 16:21

It's just straight in like a rabbit up a burrow
I thought all this was going to stop :wink:

D

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 04 Sep 2012, 17:10

Deanxm wrote:
It's just straight in like a rabbit up a burrow
I thought all this was going to stop :wink:

D
One can hope Dean :roll:
citroenxm wrote:Hi jim/Chris

Before this topic went on about body work after you put you had done a good sort out I asked should i get the corner of my shed sorted now or after cxm.. somehow that Q got overlooked... so .. do i need to get sorting or we ok till after cxm for your sorted stuff????

you said you had a van full ..
Paul, there is a trailer load and an XM-load to bring to CXM not forgetting some stuff already stashed at Chris's gaff. What I'd propose is what doesn’t sell could be valuably stored on the Island...

It would be a shame just to sling it... We can discuss at CXM...

Quite happy to pay a peppercorn rent for the space... I can recommend Chris and Liam as top blokes for tidying up and sorting out too...

Xaccers

Post by Xaccers » 04 Sep 2012, 18:44

Don't forget there's Juliet's bodywork, and you can have fun with Jenny's dented door once I've replaced it :)
Plenty of panels for you.
Now, you just need to get super good at welding and sort out the door join rust on Cassy ;)

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 04 Sep 2012, 18:47

Sounds like you have plenty for me to do Xac :lol: :lol: :lol:

Xaccers

Post by Xaccers » 04 Sep 2012, 18:55

CitroJim wrote:Sounds like you have plenty for me to do Xac :lol: :lol: :lol:
You can have fun with the girls ;)

Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad » 04 Sep 2012, 20:15

Oh, are we going to have a bit of a Citrojim boot sale going on at the CXM? :lol: I'll see if I need any bits :)

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 04 Sep 2012, 21:08

Citroenmad wrote:Oh, are we going to have a bit of a Citrojim boot sale going on at the CXM? :lol: I'll see if I need any bits :)
Boot sale? It'll look like a Tesco Extra. Franklin's renamed the rally CXM and CitroJim's Autojumble...

citroenxm

Post by citroenxm » 04 Sep 2012, 21:09

CitroJim wrote:.. I can recommend Chris and Liam as top blokes for tidying up and sorting out too...
Oooerrr, not sure about that, they might scratch my 24v XM, or the SED.... :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 04 Sep 2012, 21:10

citroenxm wrote:
CitroJim wrote:.. I can recommend Chris and Liam as top blokes for tidying up and sorting out too...
Oooerrr, not sure about that, they might scratch my 24v XM, or the SED.... :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Knowing them, they'll scratch all three :twisted:

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 15 Sep 2012, 09:20

I really enjoyed CXM this year, possibly the best rally I've ever attended :-D

But...

Most of this past week has been a write-off as a result :cry: I didn’t think I overdid it at the weekend by my former standards but my mind and body definitely had very different ideas and it wasn't until Thursday that I began my journey back to the land of the properly living...

Still a good lesson learned about my abilities these days and new limits found :roll: I will say that CXM was worth the suffering...

Good job I recovered enough as on Friday morning early I needed to take Robyn and Greg, her intended, to Gatwick to catch a 05:45 flight to Corfu. It meant we had to be there at 03:45 latest :twisted:

We went in New V6 and all was great, clear roads and a purring car... We arrived massively early. Gatwick, as airports go is good but short-term parking is expensive. For the two hours I was there it cost nearly a tenner :evil:

After seeing them off I took an early morning run back to the new Cobham Services on the M25 between junctions 9 and 10 for breakfast. Lovely services. They had just opened the day before and have the advantage that from them you can effectively do a U-turn on the M25 which was perfect as I took the opportunity whilst I was down that way to pay a visit to a friend in East Grinstead.

I then retraced my steps and called in on DickieG on my way home. All in all an excellent day indeed :-D

I'd not slept for nearly 24 hours and then slept for 11 hours absolutely perfectly, no wake-ups and no dreams. Excellent. I'm not feeling bad today although not exactly lively... Tomorrow may be the show-stopper but if I don't overdo it today perhaps it'll be OK. I don't fancy loosing another week :evil:

Robyn texted me to say Corfu was cold and wet :lol: :lol:

Looking at Gatwick and all the holidaymakers there just reinforced my view that I just can't be bothered with holidays. Too much like hard work for me; I'd much rather potter around here gently spannering my cars...

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike » 15 Sep 2012, 10:03

CitroJim wrote: Gatwick, as airports go is good
My god, you've been to some poor airports Jim. Gatwick is an embarrassment to the UK. I can't imagine what first-time visitors think when they arrive there.

Glad the journey down went well, and I agree with your sentiments about holidays been a waste of time...

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 15 Sep 2012, 10:14

Rattiva_Mike wrote:
CitroJim wrote: Gatwick, as airports go is good
My god, you've been to some poor airports Jim.
Oh yes, compared so some I've been to, Gatwick is heavenly... Mind you, I've not flown for over 11 years now and have absolutely no intention to ever again, whatsoever and under any circumstances...

I must say the Costa coffee at Gatwick South Terminal is the worst I've ever tasted :evil: