Citrojim's Activa, 207 and Bike Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: A red Xantia Activa, a pretty blue Pug 207, a Giant TCR Bike and a Giant TCR Pro Bike.

Re: Citrojim's Xantia and XM Tales

Post by CitroJim » 04 Sep 2012, 08:12

A huge but belated thanks to Chris(570) and Liam (HydroCobra) for al their help on Sunday in getting my garage/workshop finally sorted and cleared. the job is now done and I have a load of goodies to bring to CXM for sharing around the assembled masses. I have a trailer-load and an XM load :wink:

Speaking of an XM-load, the XM was brilliant for taking stuff to the tip. Two full XM-loads went and I was amazed at how much the XM can swallow :-D

In the afternoon I needed to run an errand, picking up the girls from the station after they visited the Tate Modern to see a Damien Hurst exhibition. I was jealous. 'Dad's Taxi' was called in as neither girl wanted to leave either of their cars at the station and fork out £8 for parking :twisted: Anyway, neither of my cars were get-attable, the XM being used to load stuff for the tip and my own V6 was trapped between two Fraud Focusses :evil:

So, I hopped in Chris's XM V6 and went in that. Nice 8-)

I left Chris and Liam busy and returned home to find this:

Careless buggers :evil: :evil:

Still, with all the twoing and froing it was bound to happen... These thing happen I guess...

I must now learn bodywork skills as a necessity :twisted: I'm considering, as a gentle new diversion, learning to panel-beat... If I leave Chris and Liam to their own devices for long enough around my cars it looks like it'll be a valuable skill to acquire :roll:
0 x
Jim

Please note I do not accept PMs...

citroenxm
Location: I WISH I KNEW!!!!. Somewhere in North Wales, Anglesey
My Cars: 93 L Xantia TD SX anti sink
H 91 XM V6 24v PRV Manual
K 93 XM V6 12v SEi auto LPG

55 C5 1.6 HDi VTR
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto
51 C5 LX HDi 2.0 auto

Post by citroenxm » 04 Sep 2012, 08:18

Does this mean i need to get that corner sorted Jim?? or after cxm??

ooo i wouldn't be too calm to come back and see that on my car.. nasty.. still. it might t cut out and a bit of polish... :wink: :-D :-D
0 x
1991 XM 3.0 24v Manual (x2)
1994 XM 2.1 d auto (undecided what to do now)

1994 Xantia TD SX Project
s**t thats scarey... two XMs left...

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: A red Xantia Activa, a pretty blue Pug 207, a Giant TCR Bike and a Giant TCR Pro Bike.

Post by CitroJim » 04 Sep 2012, 08:29

The scratch is on the dented panel anyway Paul, one reason I want to learn panel-beating so I can sort it..

I'm intending to use Chris's car for practice, after it's been suitably attacked with a club-hammer :lol:
0 x
Jim

citroenxm
Location: I WISH I KNEW!!!!. Somewhere in North Wales, Anglesey
My Cars: 93 L Xantia TD SX anti sink
H 91 XM V6 24v PRV Manual
K 93 XM V6 12v SEi auto LPG

55 C5 1.6 HDi VTR
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto
51 C5 LX HDi 2.0 auto

Post by citroenxm » 04 Sep 2012, 08:54

[-X [-X now now.. we will not have deliberate xm destruction on here! or on the xm fourm... :-D :-D :-D
0 x
1991 XM 3.0 24v Manual (x2)
1994 XM 2.1 d auto (undecided what to do now)

1994 Xantia TD SX Project
s**t thats scarey... two XMs left...

Citroenmad
My Cars:

Post by Citroenmad » 04 Sep 2012, 09:16

Xms can carry a massive amount of stuff. When I went to Wales with the Prestige I took two Traction 6 cyclinder gearboxes with me. They are very very heavy (its a real struggle for two people to lift one) and bulky, they fitted in the boot with ease and I still had half the boot free for luggage. Whats more I could not even tell they were in there, it drove the same.

You should see what you can get in an XM estate though ... Ive moved a few sofas with ours! :lol:

Shame about the scratch but at least that is the damaged wing. :(

I still owe that car a machine polish to its NS, if we ever meet up near a plug socket I'll do it for you :lol: :-D
0 x
Chris
16 C4 Cactus BlueHDi Flair
05 C4 2.0 16v Exclusive
54 Audi A2 FSi SE
51 VW Passat V6 TDi Estate

Family Citroens:
64 C4 Cactus BlueHDi Feel Red
15 C3 Picasso 1.6HDi Exclusive
56 C5 2.0HDi 138 16v VTR Estate
95 C15 6-wheel
55 Traction 6H

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 04 Sep 2012, 09:22

citroenxm wrote:[-X [-X now now.. we will not have deliberate xm destruction on here! or on the xm fourm... :-D :-D :-D

Who said it was his XM I was going to attack Paul, he still has two Xantias you know and there's a Fraud Fracas in the frame too :lol: :lol:

Citroenmad wrote:I still owe that car a machine polish to its NS, if we ever meet up near a plug socket I'll do it for you :lol: :-D

Shame there's none at CXM Chris.. I'm sure we'll get an opportunity and I'd really appreciate it too :-D But after the dent is sorted...

Yep, I reckon an XM hatch can carry as much as a Xantia estate, if not more... We'll put that theory to the test one day...
0 x
Jim

Citroenmad
My Cars:

Post by Citroenmad » 04 Sep 2012, 09:25

CitroJim wrote:
Citroenmad wrote:I still owe that car a machine polish to its NS, if we ever meet up near a plug socket I'll do it for you :lol: :-D

Shame there's none at CXM Chris.. I'm sure we'll get an opportunity and I'd really appreciate it too :-D But after the dent is sorted...

Yep, I reckon an XM hatch can carry as much as a Xantia estate, if not more... We'll put that theory to the test one day...

I WILL definitely do that for you, just let me know when :)
0 x
Chris
16 C4 Cactus BlueHDi Flair
05 C4 2.0 16v Exclusive
54 Audi A2 FSi SE
51 VW Passat V6 TDi Estate

Family Citroens:
64 C4 Cactus BlueHDi Feel Red
15 C3 Picasso 1.6HDi Exclusive
56 C5 2.0HDi 138 16v VTR Estate
95 C15 6-wheel
55 Traction 6H

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo » 04 Sep 2012, 09:34

Is that solid black or a pearl? You could repaint from the window rubber to the swage line.

One of the American-based forums should help with panelcraft; if you join HAMB it's simpler just to lurk however. They're a pretty special bunch...
0 x

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re:

Post by CitroJim » 04 Sep 2012, 09:39

Solid black Adam :) So not such a problem really...

addo wrote:They're a pretty special bunch...

Umm, I think I know what you mean by that epithet... :roll:
0 x
Jim

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo » 04 Sep 2012, 09:57

You can usually find an inflammatory (to one's good senses) thread within about two minutes of browsing. But there are some really talented people there and it's best to absorb their skills - not their hating.
0 x

Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm » 04 Sep 2012, 10:21

Jim, access to the back of that panel is pretty good if you take the wheel and arch liner off you can reach right up to the rear quarter light, worth having a play with a spare panel first, i got a wing from a scrapyard and beat it in then had a go at dressing it back out, you can reserect some really bad damage with patience and some simple tools, a friend of mine has had a couple of Boxsters which were accident damaged, the latest ame off the road and rolled destroying the left side and he beat the wing back out to look like new, when he got it that panel looked like you had given an angry teen a hammer and asked him to do his worst.
now it looks like its never been touched.

D

D
0 x
XM Prestige 92, surgery has begun, RIP faithfull 2.0i
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............

Chris570

Post by Chris570 » 04 Sep 2012, 11:22

Jim,
Once again so so sorry but, I have been looking into this, it's a technique called 'spreading'. Bear with me on this, what you need to do is get your second and third finger and place them over the scratch (or gash) and then applying gentle pressure move your hand from side to side over the patch, eventually you'll see with careful rubbing you'll get the desired result.

Go on, try it, go and rub one out now
0 x
2006 C5 HDi 170
1998 Xantia Activa S1
1971 D Special
2006 C3 1.6 HDi SX,
CitroJim wrote: I'm a pink fairy

A 1/3 of Team WFA 'Clarkson'

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 04 Sep 2012, 11:30

:rofl:

Sounds like Reiki healing for cars to me :lol:

This shows what a bunch of pikies they are. This is a picture of a repair they made to Liam's broken rear-view mirror...

The rubber glove was the master stroke... :roll: :lol:
0 x
Jim

Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm » 04 Sep 2012, 13:00

Chris has missed one vital step, after rubbing with the fingers as stated (which you should have licked by the way) you then rub said scratch or gash with your sleeve creating an immediate and full repair.

D
0 x
XM Prestige 92, surgery has begun, RIP faithfull 2.0i
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............

Chris570

Post by Chris570 » 04 Sep 2012, 13:07

Deanxm wrote:Chris has missed one vital step, after rubbing with the fingers as stated (which you should have licked by the way) you then rub said scratch or gash with your sleeve creating an immediate and full repair.

D

you are quite right but sometimes the area may have become pre-moistened, I have known people to use fists but it is my understanding that this will do Irreversible damage.

Remember, gently does it
0 x
2006 C5 HDi 170
1998 Xantia Activa S1
1971 D Special
2006 C3 1.6 HDi SX,
CitroJim wrote: I'm a pink fairy

A 1/3 of Team WFA 'Clarkson'