Citrojim's Activa, 207 and Bike Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: A red Xantia Activa, a pretty blue Pug 207, a Giant TCR Bike and a Giant TCR Pro Bike.

Re: Citrojim's Xantia and XM Tales

Post by CitroJim » 29 Aug 2012, 08:32

A quote from the MOT tester's forum...

Thomo, you will be OK this year and next.

Next year we are asked to check: On vehicles that qualify for a full cat emissions test, check the presence of the catalytic converter.

Failure will be: A catalytic converter missing where one was fitted as standard

If you vehicle is running on gas when presented then it does not require a full cat test so will not fail for cat missing.

Hope that helps

Seems clear enough...
0 x
Jim

Please note I do not accept PMs...

citroenxm
Location: I WISH I KNEW!!!!. Somewhere in North Wales, Anglesey
My Cars: 93 L Xantia TD SX anti sink
H 91 XM V6 24v PRV Manual
K 93 XM V6 12v SEi auto LPG

55 C5 1.6 HDi VTR
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto
51 C5 LX HDi 2.0 auto

Post by citroenxm » 29 Aug 2012, 10:06

Fantastic.. nice find Jim.. Im pleased to read that..

lpg is brilliant.. its worth removing the rocker cover just to see how clean it is inside the engine.. it burns so cleanly..
0 x
1991 XM 3.0 24v Manual (x2)
1994 XM 2.1 d auto (undecided what to do now)

1994 Xantia TD SX Project
s**t thats scarey... two XMs left...

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: A red Xantia Activa, a pretty blue Pug 207, a Giant TCR Bike and a Giant TCR Pro Bike.

Post by CitroJim » 30 Aug 2012, 07:57

A good friend of mine popped over last evening...

She's christened the XM 'The Hearse' :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:

She's just taken delivery of a brand new Poxhall Agila :roll:

It's a good car as it's not a Poxhall at all but a Suzuki Splash with a Poxhall badge on the front... That as far as I can see is the absolute limit to Poxhall's involvement in the thing...

I knew it was a Suzuki as soon as I clapped eyes on the dash and engine as it's awfully like the Nissan Pixo which is just a Suzuki Alto wearing a Nissan badge...

I drove the Aglia. It seems just a tad less wooden than the Pixo but otherwise feels identically bland. It's billed as a mini-MPV. You sit awfully high in it.
0 x
Jim

Citroenmad
My Cars:

Post by Citroenmad » 30 Aug 2012, 09:58

CitroJim wrote:A good friend of mine popped over last evening...

It was known as the batmobile or spaceship at my work :lol: Still, they are uneducated people .... I had to convince them that I had a new car, they thought the grey Xantia was the black XM ... :roll:
0 x
Chris
16 C4 Cactus BlueHDi Flair
05 C4 2.0 16v Exclusive
54 Audi A2 FSi SE
51 VW Passat V6 TDi Estate

Family Citroens:
64 C4 Cactus BlueHDi Feel Red
15 C3 Picasso 1.6HDi Exclusive
56 C5 2.0HDi 138 16v VTR Estate
95 C15 6-wheel
55 Traction 6H

citroenxm

55 C5 1.6 HDi VTR
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto
51 C5 LX HDi 2.0 auto

Post by citroenxm » 30 Aug 2012, 10:05

People round here need educating too, when I was XM driving they all thought it was a Xantia... :?
0 x

Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm » 30 Aug 2012, 19:36

Ive never had that problem i must admit, the Activa draws 0 attention, the XM would always get comments, people comming over to ask what it was or to say that they had one as a company car and how fondly they remember it or that they had one and now have a C5 etc etc, they do look simila though.

D
0 x
XM Prestige 92, surgery has begun, RIP faithfull 2.0i
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike » 30 Aug 2012, 19:43

Citroenmad wrote:
CitroJim wrote:A good friend of mine popped over last evening...

It was known as the batmobile or spaceship at my work :lol: Still, they are uneducated people .... I had to convince them that I had a new car, they thought the grey Xantia was the black XM ... :roll:

My Silver P-reg XM 2.1 was also known as the spaceship, even though the S1 I had was far more spaceship like and sinister looking. Those disc wheel trims, spoiler and light metallic blue colour made it look really cool.
0 x

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike » 30 Aug 2012, 19:45

citroenxm wrote:Oooerrrr Jim.. there SHOULD be a cat on her.. under new mot laws if one was fitted when new it needs to be there for the new mot.. so you may need to get one fitted else she's an mot failure.. i agree though the lpg would probably get her through the emissions.. but the cat should be there....

You may be intreaged to know that front and rear sensors are identical in shape!! However the rear sensors are a Bugger to remove...

As we all know, XMs sold like hot cakes here in the UK, so is it not possible that Jim's car was actually built pre the 1992 cat law came in, but registered after?
0 x

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 30 Aug 2012, 19:53

I like the name 'Spaceship' and from now on that's what she's known as :-D

I shall have a check of the RP number and see when she was made but being a Prestige, which I now know was a name for the SEi as a run-out model before the S2 came in I doubt she's a 1992 model.

Anyway, running on gas she doesn't need a cat for the MOT.

Got plenty of time for checking RP numbers and things like that as I'm now on full-time sick leave :roll:
0 x
Jim

Citroening
My Cars: Various Makes/Models Nowadays...

Post by Citroening » 30 Aug 2012, 19:59

It'll be interesting to see what the RP is Jim - our Prestige is 5694 which is 11 June 1992, and Dean's is 26 May 1992 so very close! :-D
0 x
Franklin

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike » 30 Aug 2012, 20:02

You need to stop this, you've all made me want another XM, which is neither sane or helpful. Gits.
0 x

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 30 Aug 2012, 20:11

Rattiva_Mike wrote:You need to stop this, you've all made me want another XM, which is neither sane or helpful. Gits.

Sorry Mike :oops:

Fact is, they draw you and there's no escape. Like a moth to a flame. I blame Paul (CitroenXM), Will (DieselMan), David Hallworth and Chris (570) in equal measure for this :lol:

Without their combined influence I'd still likely be an exclusive Xantia owner...

I first saw the Spaceship at DSM this year and I was immediately hooked. I tried to resist. Honest :^o
0 x
Jim

citroenxm

55 C5 1.6 HDi VTR
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto
51 C5 LX HDi 2.0 auto

Post by citroenxm » 30 Aug 2012, 20:21

Ha you wait, it does NOT stop at one car, it goes to two, three, four and sometimes FIVE!

Ive FIVE, plus a visiting one awaiting repair... and my mate landlord who has an SED also has a second spare 2.1 TD auto...

Im proud my influence rubbed off, and you got the BEST eira of XM too Jim, mainly that she has bolted earth points, so no earthing issues there, and the hydractive 2 that should and useuall on S1.5 cars Always works... the LH Displays do not pack up though the RH displays liquid does go...

:lol:
0 x

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike » 30 Aug 2012, 20:26

citroenxm wrote:Ha you wait, it does NOT stop at one car, it goes to two, three, four and sometimes FIVE!

Ive FIVE, plus a visiting one awaiting repair.

Thanks for that. It's made me feel so much better.

Sell me one!

I loved my first one, I was so annoyed when the headgasket went. It had to go, as I needed transport immediately. The second one was ultra reliable, but a shed. The third one, I still can't remember why I sold it, as it was very good. I suspect my missus might have had trouble parking it - I got a Xantia 1.8 Petrol instead of it.
0 x

Citroening
My Cars: Various Makes/Models Nowadays...

Post by Citroening » 30 Aug 2012, 20:32

citroenxm wrote:Ha you wait, it does NOT stop at one car, it goes to two, three, four and sometimes FIVE!

...and then six, eight, ten...before you know it there's over a dozen! :o :shock: :shock: Then twenty...

Not helping am I... :twisted:
0 x
Franklin