Citrojim's Activa, 207 and Bike Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

Xaccers
My Cars:

Re: Citrojim's Xantia Tales

Post by Xaccers » 26 Aug 2012, 08:28

Nothing wrong with Vista
0 x
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool

Northern_Mike

Re:

Post by Northern_Mike » 26 Aug 2012, 08:28

addo wrote:It shuts off when the tank is full, or you can manually stop it beforehand - either by unscrewing the filler hose from the tank inlet or operating the manual stop on the pump.

Quite right, although my filler on the Jeep I had was a clip on, rather than screw on one. I think most are like that in the UK. I had a little adaptor thing I used to carry around with me. Jim, it's also slower than petrol or diesel to fill, so don't do it if you are in a rush!
0 x

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike » 26 Aug 2012, 08:34

Xac wrote:Nothing wrong with Vista

In the 22 years I've worked or studied IT, it's the worst, most unreliable, buggy OS I've ever come across. It was so bad, that despite apparently being a major improvement over XP, nearly all businesses and corporations I was involved with simply missed it out, preparing to stick with something that worked. All of those made the jump to Win 7, and had made the jump from 3.1 to 95, then from 95 to XP, yet didn't go to Vista. Why was that? Microsoft and their fanbois will have you believe it was program incompatibility. We're running apps originally designed for 98 and XP on 7 quite happily.
0 x

Citroenmad
My Cars:

Post by Citroenmad » 26 Aug 2012, 13:52

Jim with his new toy: :lol:

I hope you had a good trip back with the Prestige Jim and that your happy with it?

The Xantia V6 is superb, what an engine! 8-)
0 x
Chris
16 C4 Cactus BlueHDi Flair
05 C4 2.0 16v Exclusive
54 Audi A2 FSi SE
51 VW Passat V6 TDi Estate

Family Citroens:
64 C4 Cactus BlueHDi Feel Red
15 C3 Picasso 1.6HDi Exclusive
56 C5 2.0HDi 138 16v VTR Estate
95 C15 6-wheel
55 Traction 6H

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike » 26 Aug 2012, 14:20

Citroenmad wrote:

I've not driven it, but I've heard it burbling up and down the road when Jim called in, and it sounds fantastic :-)
0 x

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: A red Xantia Activa, a pretty blue Pug 207, a Giant TCR Bike and a Giant TCR Pro Bike.

Post by CitroJim » 26 Aug 2012, 14:28

Citroenmad wrote:I hope you had a good trip back with the Prestige Jim and that your happy with it?

Had an excellent trip back Chris :-D Very relaxed and a very serene waft 8-) Had to remind myself a couple of times it did not have the power of the V6 nor the intelligent (ish) gearbox :lol: :lol: It goes well though, I must say. Well on a par with any standard TCT I've driven. Comfort is marvellous :P

Done my first LPG fill too :) That went smoothly indeed and thanks for the tip about putting her on high first!!! £18 to fill the tank from one bar. Loving it 8-)

Delighted you are happy with New Old V6 Chris :-D All-round an excellent day indeed...

Now to rest awhile...
0 x
Jim

Please note I do not accept PMs...

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: A red Xantia Activa, a pretty blue Pug 207, a Giant TCR Bike and a Giant TCR Pro Bike.

Post by CitroJim » 26 Aug 2012, 14:47

Thanks for all the tips on LPG filling :) The pump had them fairly clearly although getting that bayonet home takes a bit of fiddling and getting it off again too. My thumb ached holding the button in and had to change thumbs half-way through filling :roll:

Whilst I didn’t make a wally of myself doing the actual fill I did in the shop. I couldn't work out how to get to the till to pay and then got confused as the LPG pump didn't have a number on it...

When I arrived in the rendezvous Chris and I had set up, in the grounds of Conisbrough Castle near Doncaster, a Fiat Cinquecento was there having its rear brakes overhauled :roll: I got nattering to the old boy and he explained he always does his work in that little car park as if he tries at home the local kids run off with his tools....

I was quite shocked...
0 x
Jim

PavlosV6

Post by PavlosV6 » 26 Aug 2012, 14:54

Citroenmad wrote:

Amen to that :-D

There is a school of thought that S1 V6s are a bit more lively than S2s. Possibly a controversial subject but worth throwing open.
0 x
Paul
'97 Xantia MK1 V6 Exclusive in Mauritius Blue - 205K - "Old V6" - A new life begins.....
'06 Picasso Exclusive 110 in Mediterranean Blue - 106K
'14 308cc 2.0HDi 163 Roland Garros in Pearlescent White - 7K

myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: 2003 C5 2.0 HDi 110 SX 219,600

Post by myglaren » 26 Aug 2012, 14:55

Why do you fill with gas on high :?:

Pleased for both of you that each has a new car that is a delight.

PavlosV6 wrote:There is a school of thought that S1 V6s are a bit more lively than S2s. Possibly a controversial subject but worth throwing open.

Is one the PSV and the other the PSA version of the V6?
0 x

Jackie Evancho

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 26 Aug 2012, 15:27

myglaren wrote:Why do you fill with gas on high :?:

Because the LPG filler is in the lower rear bumper skirt and it's close to the ground on normal... The Filler gun is angled downward and there would be barely room for it and its hose iof the rear was not lifted up...

PavlosV6 wrote:There is a school of thought that S1 V6s are a bit more lively than S2s. Possibly a controversial subject but worth throwing open.

myglaren wrote:Is one the PSV and the other the PSA version of the V6?

Both engines and gearboxes are identical Steve, apart from a few minor and insignificant things. I can only think it's down to engine and gearbox ECU software... To drive and S1 and an S2 back to back is quite revealing...
0 x
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 26 Aug 2012, 17:43

First picture at my place with Chris570 and his V6 alongside...

Got to be careful putting two XMs next to each other... They start discussing rust :twisted:
0 x
Jim

Citroening
My Cars: Various Makes/Models Nowadays...

Post by Citroening » 26 Aug 2012, 17:50

CitroJim wrote:They start discussing rust :twisted:

...and electrical issues...and mechanical issues... :twisted: :wink:

Looks great Jim and sounds like you're enjoying it - looking forward to seeing you and it at the CXM soon...

You're looking happy with your XM Chris! Fantastic cars the S2 XM V6. =D> Fantastic.
0 x
Franklin

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 26 Aug 2012, 17:59

Citroening wrote:

Just like if you put two Activas together; they discuss new and novel ways of leaking LHM...
0 x
Jim

Citroenmad
My Cars:

Post by Citroenmad » 26 Aug 2012, 21:11

Im very pleased the XM has impressed you Jim :-D

CitroJim wrote:
Citroening wrote:

Just like if you put two Activas together; they discuss new and novel ways of leaking LHM...

Id not worry too much Jim, its been in very close proximity to another Xm for a while and they have been thriving 8-)

Is it wise that I have both Xantias parked nose to nose in the garage tonight, they are probably having arguments as to which one will be my new favourite :lol:
0 x
Chris
16 C4 Cactus BlueHDi Flair
05 C4 2.0 16v Exclusive
54 Audi A2 FSi SE
51 VW Passat V6 TDi Estate

Family Citroens:
64 C4 Cactus BlueHDi Feel Red
15 C3 Picasso 1.6HDi Exclusive
56 C5 2.0HDi 138 16v VTR Estate
95 C15 6-wheel
55 Traction 6H

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 26 Aug 2012, 21:26

Citroenmad wrote:they are probably having arguments as to which one will be my new favourite :lol:

No, they're both S1s so they are wise old cars and will fully understand they are absolutely and utterly complementary to each other. They occupy different niches. Activa for sheer unbridled fun and V6 for long, effortless cruises... They do not need to compete...
0 x
Jim