Citrojim's Skoda, Saxo, 207 and Bike Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

davetherave
My Cars:

Re: Citrojim's Xantia Tales

Post by davetherave » 16 Aug 2012, 18:54

Hope the restructuring goes well Jim, Look forward to seeing you at the CXM. Im amazed you manage the cars you do! Im healthy and can hardly handle mine!
I hope I never have to clear out my spares stash, I have far too much to even remember.
0x
(95) XM Silver 2.1td Exclusive.
(87) Cx 2.5 DTR T1 undergoing major cosmetic surgery.
GPZ500s

lexi
donor 2017
My Cars:

Post by lexi » 16 Aug 2012, 23:53

Only just kept up with this.

ATB with health Jim.
0x
Citroen C5 HDI 110 Mk 1 hatchback

French Mistresses gone.
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2

xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 » 17 Aug 2012, 18:52

Jim, I suppose you saw this http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-19076398 ? it fits with my experience of similar, but perhaps less severe symptoms. I find exercise ( walking) to give the only path back to normal activity. BTW, the map sensor had an episode about 6 months ago, but fixed itself after a few minutes, and the fault did not reappear, so bad luck that it became permanent, assuming it is not the connector.
0x

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: An orange Skoda 120, a pretty blue Pug 207, Sally the white Saxo, a Giant TCR Bike and a Giant TCR Pro Bike.

Post by CitroJim » 18 Aug 2012, 18:47

Thanks for the link Mike. It certainly seems that this therapy - known as CBT - is about the most effective. Shame is hereabouts the waiting list is incredibly long :( For now I'm using 'pacing' as a therapy and that helps a lot.

Been busy today. Replaced the bubble-breaker and MAP sensor on New Old V6 and all is good touch-wood. I found a tiny hair-line crack in the top dome of the bubble-breaker radiating out from the small pipe stub on top. Replacing this item is cuss-worthy though. Not easy due to access...

I'm really happy New Old V6 is back on the road although it was nice to make good use of the Activa last week.

It was absolutely wonderful to see Chris roll up in his V6 XM this morning...

Since then we've (Chris mostly!) been busy sorting out my workshop. Thanks for all your help today Chris :-D =D>

Used the towbar on New Old V6 to take a load of rubbish to the tip. I's shocked at how much I've accumulated over the years. Don't worry - nothing useful has been thrown!
0x
Jim

Please note I do not accept PMs...

Chris570

Post by Chris570 » 18 Aug 2012, 18:58

CitroJim wrote: I was shocked at how much I've accumulated over the years. Don't worry - nothing useful has been thrown!

Nope, only New Old Stock strut tops and activa rams, we figured there was no demand for them
0x
2006 C5 HDi 170
1998 Xantia Activa S1
1971 D Special
2006 C3 1.6 HDi SX,
CitroJim wrote: I'm a pink fairy

A 1/3 of Team WFA 'Clarkson'

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike » 18 Aug 2012, 18:58

CitroJim wrote:Thanks for the link Mike. It certainly seems that this therapy - known as CBT - is about the most effective. Shame is hereabouts the waiting list is incredibly long :( For now I'm using 'pacing' as a therapy and that helps a lot.

Used the towbar on New Old V6 to take a load of rubbish to the tip. I's shocked at how much I've accumulated over the years. Don't worry - nothing useful has been thrown!

As you know Jim, my doc has recently given me a similar diagnosis, possibly linked to my thyroid problem. This showed itself up in a bad way yesterday, I was absolutely shattered by 5pm and felt like falling asleep in the car on the short drive home. I crawled up the stairs about 8pm and dozed off, woke up for 1/2 hour, ate, and went back to sleep until 6:30am.

This afternoon I went to the gym for 90 mins. At the moment I feel bright as a button, some pain in my hands and knees (not gym-related)

It's a baffling condition. I have a route to CBT though it was originally for something else. I will be taking it up once I've had the nose sorted out. I find the lyrica and dark chocolate helps a lot.

How did you attach an XM to the towbar of Old V6 to take it to the tip <ducks and runs away quickly>
0x

Chris570

Post by Chris570 » 18 Aug 2012, 19:02

Rattiva_Mike wrote:How did you attach an XM to the towbar of Old V6 to take it to the tip <ducks and runs away quickly>

Run, run fast and long
0x
2006 C5 HDi 170
1998 Xantia Activa S1
1971 D Special
2006 C3 1.6 HDi SX,
CitroJim wrote: I'm a pink fairy

A 1/3 of Team WFA 'Clarkson'

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike » 18 Aug 2012, 19:13

Chris570 wrote:
Rattiva_Mike wrote:How did you attach an XM to the towbar of Old V6 to take it to the tip <ducks and runs away quickly>

Run, run fast and long

Why do you think I go to the gym as often as I can? :wink:
0x

PavlosV6

Post by PavlosV6 » 18 Aug 2012, 22:30

CitroJim wrote:
Been busy today. Replaced the bubble-breaker and MAP sensor on New Old V6 and all is good touch-wood. I found a tiny hair-line crack in the top dome of the bubble-breaker radiating out from the small pipe stub on top. Replacing this item is cuss-worthy though. Not easy due to access...

I'm really happy New Old V6 is back on the road although it was nice to make good use of the Activa last week.

It was absolutely wonderful to see Chris roll up in his V6 XM this morning...

And almost as wonderful to see PavlosV6 roll up in Old V6 :!:

But seriously, well done both :-D
0x
Paul
'97 Xantia MK1 V6 Exclusive in Mauritius Blue - 205K - "Old V6" - A new life begins.....
'06 Picasso Exclusive 110 in Mediterranean Blue - 106K
'14 308cc 2.0HDi 163 Roland Garros in Pearlescent White - 7K

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: An orange Skoda 120, a pretty blue Pug 207, Sally the white Saxo, a Giant TCR Bike and a Giant TCR Pro Bike.

Post by CitroJim » 19 Aug 2012, 09:05

PavlosV6 wrote:And almost as wonderful to see PavlosV6 roll up in Old V6 :!:

Sorry Paul, indeed it was :-D Chris commented on how nice yours sounds...

It was a bit of a V6-fest here yesterday. How often outside of a rally does one spot two Xantia V6s and an S2 XM V6 all together...

Rattiva_Mike wrote:I was absolutely shattered by 5pm and felt like falling asleep in the car on the short drive home. I crawled up the stairs about 8pm and dozed off, woke up for 1/2 hour, ate, and went back to sleep until 6:30am.

That's almost a typical week-day these days Mike :twisted: Hopefully going onto reduced hours at work might help...

Rattiva_Mike wrote:It's a baffling condition.

It most certainly is and even more baffling to those who luckily have never experienced it :roll: I think, in all seriousness, that's the worst part - trying to explain it without the other party either thinking you're just swinging the lead, making it all up or that it's all in the head...

Rattiva_Mike wrote:I find the lyrica and dark chocolate helps a lot.

Any medication involving any kind of chocolate is fine by me. My choice is a Wispa bar... Not sure wearing lycra is going the help much but I'm game for anything...

Best laugh I've had all day :rofl:

Chris told me of your comment over a very pleasant curry last evening with Xac, Chris and Chris's SWMBO :-D

Feeling a bit M25 hedgehog-like after yesterday's antics so will be taking it a little steadier today. Still, it's looking better in the workshop already :-D
0x
Jim

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike » 19 Aug 2012, 13:02

I need a lesson in quoting. Either that, or it's too early in the morning, but I shall attempt to answer ...

1. You've all made me really want a V6. I could be tempted by an early C5 or lateish Xantia, as long as it was working. I don't want another XM. Maybe in the future when they've all been fixed again..

2. Jim's old V6 sounds fantastic too.

3. Why on earth anyone would want to fake being "Ill" like this is beyond me.

If you want me to wear Lycra, I will, but only on days I'm not working.

Why wasn't I invited to help and the curry? Is it because I have a smelly old diseasel, not a rorty V6? Gits.
0x

myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: 2003 C5 2.0 HDi 110 SX 220,400

Post by myglaren » 19 Aug 2012, 14:51

Jim wrote:Any medication involving any kind of chocolate is fine by me. My choice is a Wispa bar... Not sure wearing lycra is going the help much but I'm game for anything...

Try (Belgian) 75-90% cocoa solids dark chocolate Jim. Absolutely sublime with far less sugar and crap that British 'chocolate' contains.
It isn't that expensive and is available from Aldi most of the time.

Unless you happen to know Willie Harcourt-Cooze of course :)
0x

Jackie Evancho

bxzx16v
My Cars: Past Frenchies , 4xBx16v,1xBxGti,1xBxTzd,2xZx Volcanes,1xZx reflex,1xPug 405mi16, 3x Xantia 1.9td's,1x Xantia activa, 2x Renault 25 V6 turbo, 1 Zx16v ,1 Pug 406 V6 coupe ,1x C8 , 1x Berlingo van , 1x Xanti 2.1td , 1x Renault Laguna 3

Post by bxzx16v » 19 Aug 2012, 16:52

I wouldn't mined a run in a V6 Xantia , I've never been in one myself . Perhaps there maybe a seat free at the Cxm :?

Mark
0x
2009 Landrover Freelander 2 TD4se.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 19 Aug 2012, 17:44

bxzx16v wrote:I wouldn't mined a run in a V6 Xantia , I've never been in one myself . Perhaps there maybe a seat free at the Cxm :?

Mine will be there on one of the days Mark so not a problem at all. be a pleasure to show you the delights of a V6...

Rattiva_Mike wrote:I need a lesson in quoting. Either that, or it's too early in the morning, but I shall attempt to answer ...

1. You've all made me really want a V6. I could be tempted by an early C5 or lateish Xantia, as long as it was working. I don't want another XM. Maybe in the future when they've all been fixed again..

2. Jim's old V6 sounds fantastic too.

3. Why on earth anyone would want to fake being "Ill" like this is beyond me.

If you want me to wear Lycra, I will, but only on days I'm not working.

Why wasn't I invited to help and the curry? Is it because I have a smelly old diseasel, not a rorty V6? Gits.

Your points in turn Mike...

1. you're welcome here any time, an invitation is not required... Anyway, yesterday was a day of pure graft and you today would have ended up like I am today and that's not good. It's going to take a long time to get everything sorted so there's no end of opportunities... I'll then teach you how to quote...

2. Rattiva doesn't smell!

3. Have a blast in one of my V6s next time you see me Mike... A C5 V6 could be nice as it has the fruitier engine. As did the later 406 Coupé’s - Have you considered one of those? One of the most gorgeous cars ever in my eyes but such a shame it has the wrong suspension.

4. I have an old friend who's an ex-nurse and she's very much of the old school. If you have a full set of intact limbs, are not bleeding from every orifice and not twitching from high fever than you're not ill. End of - no argument, go and work it off :evil:

Ahh, so not Wispa bars then :( Next time I go shopping I'll get hold of some dark chocolate.
0x
Jim

Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers » 19 Aug 2012, 18:15

Dark chocolate is the devil!
0x
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)