Citrojim's Ka, Saxo and Bike Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

Citroenmad
My Cars:

Re: Citrojim's Xantia Tales

Post by Citroenmad » 08 May 2012, 21:18

A fairly simple fix Jim, I do like those :lol: :-D
Chris
16 C4 Cactus BlueHDi Flair
05 C4 2.0 16v Exclusive
54 Audi A2 FSi SE
51 VW Passat V6 TDi Estate

Family Citroens:
64 C4 Cactus BlueHDi Feel Red
15 C3 Picasso 1.6HDi Exclusive
56 C5 2.0HDi 138 16v VTR Estate
95 C15 6-wheel
55 Traction 6H

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Sally the white Saxo, Pixie the Sliver Pixo, a Giant TCR Bike, Giant TCR Pro Bike and a Giant gravel/adventure bike.

Post by CitroJim » 08 May 2012, 21:43

Citroenmad wrote:A fairly simple fix Jim, I do like those :lol: :-D

Me too :) Shame is, I don't get to experience them very often :roll:
Jim

I am no longer active on this forum but please feel free to follow me on Facebook and Strava :)

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Sally the white Saxo, Pixie the Sliver Pixo, a Giant TCR Bike, Giant TCR Pro Bike and a Giant gravel/adventure bike.

Post by CitroJim » 12 May 2012, 06:53

Another week of relentless work and not of the automotive kind :twisted:

Still yesterday was a blessedly short work day. It was our current apprentice’s last day. He's been so good we took him out for a slap-up lunch and I took the afternoon off :)

He will be sadly missed. In his time with us he's built us countless servers and spoken to the nice lady at Microsoft to activate them so many times he's now dating her...

On the car front, I've just insured Sian on her Pixo and again Admiral came out brilliantly. yet another car on my multi-car policy. That's five now :roll: I was delighted that I was able to cover Sian for less than £600...

Robyn's 206 is playing up. It's refusing to idle now. I have it around here so will be sorting it today.

First I have to make it look less of a skip inside and more like a car. What is it with girls and treating the insides of their cars like a rubbish dump? Honestly...
Jim

I am no longer active on this forum but please feel free to follow me on Facebook and Strava :)

Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers » 12 May 2012, 08:18

1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 12 May 2012, 08:27

That'll be spot on Xac, except...

Robyn's room looks like a tip too....
Jim

Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers » 12 May 2012, 09:16

CitroJim wrote:That'll be spot on Xac, except...

Robyn's room looks like a tip too....

Tomboy?
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool

Citroenmad
My Cars:

Post by Citroenmad » 12 May 2012, 20:20

All work and little play is not much fun Jim!

That isvery cheap insurance for a new driver/learner, I might have to check Admiral out again.

My insurance renewal for my C5 came through today, £956 :shock: :o My does my insurance increase as I get holder, just shopping for better quotes now :lol:

That picture suits me, my room is not exactly tidy, however my cars are spotless. The C5 is as clean as a new pin after today and rarely has any more clutter than a bottle of water, some Cds in the glovebox, mints in the door cubby and a satnav which lives under the boot floor with a map book. Xantia is the same, I hate clutter in cars.

I parked next to a Saab 9-3 the other day and happened to glance inside, there was only the drivers seat free from stuff. On the passenger seat, on top of many papers and bits and bobs was a pack of butter, half a loaf of bread and used coffee cups. The back seats were burried, I just couldn't drive that!
Chris
05 C4 2.0 16v Exclusive
54 Audi A2 FSi SE

Family Citroens:
95 C15 6-wheel
55 Traction 6H

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 12 May 2012, 21:22

Citroenmad wrote:I parked next to a Saab 9-3 the other day and happened to glance inside, there was only the drivers seat free from stuff. On the passenger seat, on top of many papers and bits and bobs was a pack of butter, half a loaf of bread and used coffee cups. The back seats were burried, I just couldn't drive that!

Definitely a girl's car then Chris :roll: I found life-forms in Robyn's this morning unknown to science...

Seems I have her car sorted. I noted that if it did idle at all then it would almost die and then pick up. It did this consistently and watching the idle stepper motor on Peugeot Planet (Pug Lexia). it was going very, very low and then slowly rising.

I had the throttle body off and it was a bit gunged up, as was the idle valve. Gave it a good clean. Better but not perfect. Then I re-initialised and retrained the ECU and that seems to have cracked it. Now as you release your foot off the accelerator the revs fall to idle but never dip below idle as if it's going to die. It was rattling like a bag of spanners because the back-box was loose. The last time a back-box was fitted they used too-big an exhaust clamp. Wandered up to the exhaust/tyre place at the end of the road and they gave me one for free :-D

Been running around in the 206 all today and initially it feels horrible and alien compared to the Xantia. Slowly though it grows on you and it becomes a real little fun to chuck around and rev the nuts off sort of car. Gosh it's fun. The little TU is a revvy little engine and thrives on it. The car handles nicely and it's a hoot in a go-kart sort of a way. There's a ghost of a 205 in it but the 205 remains for me, the very superior car.

There's still a couple of majors to sort. The bonnet has a broken hinge, the pivot pin has broken but I'm sure I can make a new one but worse, is the long travel on the brake pedal. The brakes work well but the travel, to my mind, being used to spring-less Xantia brakes, is about a mile too long. The handbrake comes up a long way too so I suspect the rear brake self-adjusters are no longer. It'll be off with the rear drums tomorrow for a look and see.

Siany is coming around in the Pixo tomorrow for a pre-MOT check. I'm conscious of three year old cars failing so this one, despite its very low miles, is having a full pre-test...
Jim

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike » 12 May 2012, 21:29

Citroenmad wrote:All work and little play is not much fun Jim!

That isvery cheap insurance for a new driver/learner, I might have to check Admiral out again.

My insurance renewal for my C5 came through today, £956 :shock:

:!: :!: :!:

Mine for the Berlingo came through yesterday. £268 Fully comp, with legal and windscreen, MX5 write-off 4 years ago declared, Focus damage last November declared, and I told them about my ban 10 years ago. That's with E-Sure, missus as a named driver and she's only been driving 5 years in the UK. I'm "only" 38, I was quite surprised by that, I was expecting it to be over £400 as it was £340 last year.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 12 May 2012, 21:35

That's a cracking deal Mike... :-D

Just shows that a bit of shopping around, talking to them and bartering a deal can pay dividends...
Jim

Citroening
My Cars: Various Makes/Models Nowadays...

Post by Citroening » 12 May 2012, 21:39

Citroenmad wrote:My insurance renewal for my C5 came through today, £956 :shock: :o My does my insurance increase as I get holder, just shopping for better quotes now :lol:

Eh?!!! :shock: That's near enough the same price as mine - I thought it's suppose to go down as you get older! Isn't car insurance fantastic... :lol: :roll:
Franklin

Citroenmad
My Cars:

Post by Citroenmad » 12 May 2012, 21:48

Not too bad a fix for the 206 then, they are good little cars and once you get used to them they can be fun to chuck about. My 2.0HDi 206 was excellent fun, thought me lift off oversteer :lol:

Mike, that is very cheap, how do you manage that? :lol:

Im shopping around for quotes, ive filled in so many online pages now! I got happy at one point, with Admiral Multicar coming up at £850 for the C5 AND the Xantia. However I cant have done something right as I went back and did it again and got £1220. Still, for the both its not too bad.

Franklin, I thought when I turned 25 it would be quite reasonable, I only paid around £860 last year, its gone up over £90 :shock: Just about to go on the old compare the meerkat.com and see what they say ... so far ive tried ones which dont appear on the compare sites ...
Chris
05 C4 2.0 16v Exclusive
54 Audi A2 FSi SE

Family Citroens:
95 C15 6-wheel
55 Traction 6H

robert_e_smart
My Cars:

Post by robert_e_smart » 12 May 2012, 22:23

Insurance is dear, and will always be dear. I'm 28, and mine is thankfully staying at around the same price and not going up which I am thankful for at least.
1990 XM 2.1 Turbo SD
1991 BX 16 TGS Auto
1992 ZX 1.6 Aura Auto
1994 Xantia 2.0 16V VSX
2008 C5 2.7 Exclusive

Citroenmad
My Cars:

Post by Citroenmad » 12 May 2012, 22:27

robert_e_smart wrote:Insurance is dear, and will always be dear. I'm 28, and mine is thankfully staying at around the same price and not going up which I am thankful for at least.

Cheapest so far is Admiral with £700, for the C5 alone. Not bad at all.
Chris
05 C4 2.0 16v Exclusive
54 Audi A2 FSi SE

Family Citroens:
95 C15 6-wheel
55 Traction 6H

Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm » 12 May 2012, 22:57

Jeees Chris i could insure the xm and Xant for that money!!!

D
XM Prestige 92, surgery has begun, RIP faithfull 2.0i
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............